What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

MIKE X. WILLIAMS (1 Viewer)

Dyansty owners, proceed as quickly and quietly to your league's waivers as possible.
old news here...been on this guy all year long after hearing some raves about his play and was quite happy to confirm what i was reading myself after seeing him play last two weeks..looks like a stud to me. SOD no doubts about.

Dyansty owners, proceed as quickly and quietly to your league's waivers as possible.
old news here...been on this guy all year long after hearing some raves about his play and was quite happy to confirm what i was reading myself after seeing him play last two weeks..looks like a stud to me. SOD no doubts about.
I saw him play against Green Bay and jumped on him. Green Bay couldn't cover him. By extension I think Hass is another guy that is going to pay some nice dividends.

I saw him play against Green Bay and jumped on him. Green Bay couldn't cover him. By extension I think Hass is another guy that is going to pay some nice dividends.
:confused: Good call on Hass. You can't really project solid season's out of Housh, Williams and Carlson without thinking Hasselbeck has a puncher's chance at top 10-12 numbers. I'm just concerned about the O-line's ability to keep him off the injury report. The line not doing it's job could derail all of this...again.

One year ago, did anyone think there would be three Mike Williams' threads on the first page (albiet one is not for BMW). Seriously, the only way I thought I would see him in the news ever again was if he chose to take on Kobiyahsi.

I thought MXW was #3 on the SEA depth chart. How does this make him a steal?
My league doesn't score by where a guy is on a preseason depth chart. The presumption is the he usurps either Housh or Branch or one of them succumbs to an untimely injury. Also, he appears to have enough ability to outproduce his current average draft position.

I thought MXW was #3 on the SEA depth chart. How does this make him a steal?
Because a lot of people are thinking he will be the most talented WR out there and become the #1 target.
This :goodposting:The times I've watched BMW, he's looked like Brandon Marshall. Depth chart variability happens all the time ands when you are #3 behind Housh & Branch, the opportunity is there to ascend.At 6'5 230' he provides a target no one else can on that team. He looks great so far. Absolutely worth a flier.

I Posted this in the other Williams thread but since that on another page already here a good article from a few days ago about him.

http://sports.yahoo.com/fantasy/nfl/news?s...uestions_082610

Is Seattle’s Mike Williams a viable fantasy option now that he’s no longer orca fat?

After ballooning to 270 pounds, Williams found himself out of the league a scant three years after being drafted as the 10th overall selection. He resurfaced in Seattle during the offseason, but most figured his presence was simply a case of Pete Carroll doing a solid for one of his former players.

Then the whispers started.

Good whispers. The kind that tickles your ear and sends shivers up your spine. Was he really down to 230 pounds, the weight at which he competed in college? Were the “blue collar work ethic” stories true? Did Matt Hasselbeck(notes) really say, “He can be our Brandon Marshall(notes)?” Well, after some extensive searching and watching him in the first two weeks, I can confidently answer, “yes, yes, and … yes.” After taking a short pass and turning it into a 51-yard TD in Week 1, Williams hauled in all four passes thrown his way against Green Bay. I know this sounds like your typical preseason hyperbole, but this is a guy with an elite combination of size and skill, who’s already moved into the starting lineup opposite T.J. Houshmandzadeh(notes). But don’t take my word for it, tune into the Seattle/Minnesota matchup this weekend and see for yourself. You will be impressed, no doubt.

just dropped jordy Nelson for him in my dynasty league. Well worth the investment if he pans out imo.

BMW's production in the preseason is encouraging, but I can't jump aboard for re-draft because there are too many targets in the Seattle and the pecking order has not be clearly established. Speculation, in general the way I see targets:

Housh

Carlson

BMW

Tate

Branch

The differences between the guys lower on the list and at the top are very minute. What's to prevent Hass from spreading the ball around, utilizing all WRs, and no one (except Housh) having more than 60 catches? Other than Housh and Carlson, I see Williams, Tate, and Branch as waiver wire material in standard 12 team, PPR, 16-18 round re-drafts.

Last edited by a moderator:
Probally be good to see how it goes tonight. Since you figure the starters to play 2-3 quarters. will give us a real perspective on whos hass favorite targets other then Carlson.

Dude, dynasty owners scooped him up weeks ago.
God I get sick of this. It's so smug and condescending. As if I'm talking about the galactically obvious like James Jones or Edelman. Just because it's not applicable to you and YOUR leagues doesn't mean you have to crap on it.
:blackdot: Just telling you the way it is.

God I get sick of this. It's so smug and condescending. As if I'm talking about the galactically obvious like James Jones or Edelman. Just because it's not applicable to you and YOUR leagues doesn't mean you have to crap on it.
:thumbup: Just telling you the way it is.
No, you're just telling me the way it is in YOUR leagues. I play in three 10-team, 6RB/6WR/1taxi/2Dev leagues that cap teams to six FA moves a year and he was available in all three. Not every dynasty league runs 12-16 teams, 35-40 roster spots and unlimited transactions.

Just picked him up in the next to last round of my keeper league draft. We've been running this league for nearly ten years and the owners in it are pretty damn savvy. So, I'd say the word hasn't quite gotten out yet to the fantasy community at-large. Sometimes it pays to do your homework - even in the information age. :thumbup:

:thumbup: Just telling you the way it is.
No, you're just telling me the way it is in YOUR leagues. I play in three 10-team, 6RB/6WR/1taxi/2Dev leagues that cap teams to six FA moves a year and he was available in all three. Not every dynasty league runs 12-16 teams, 35-40 roster spots and unlimited transactions.
The point is, the pick up Mike Williams now threads have been around in the Shark Pool for a long, long, long time now.

If he makes the roster (and it sure looks like he will), one of the more stunning successful comebacks in quite awhile.

I think it's a success he even will play a regular season NFL snap again. Not really rooting for the guy (because it's his fault he was out of the league to begin with), but it's a nice story nonetheless.

Well he was in with the starters and as they are removing the starters in the 3rd quarter he is the leading Hawk WR at 3-54. He was targeted on 3 deep balls from Hass and caugtht 1of them for 42 yards.

Yeah I thought it was a TD . Would have been a 4-75-1 night if it was. He was Hass favorite target it seemed ( threw a a bunch his way) He was targeted in the red zone and at the GL and he the deep guy and is a Starter now. Whats not to like as a Bench guy.

Had it DVR'd. Just looked back and saw that Housh and Branch were in on the 1st drive. Without playing the whole game it looks like Williams comes in on 3WR sets or to give the other guys a breather...anyone confirm or dispel?

FantasyTrader said:
FavreCo said:
FantasyTrader said:
FavreCo said:
:lmao: Just telling you the way it is.
:blackdot:I picked him up in May in two zealot leagues

I wouldn't worry about where BMW falls in the rotation at the moment. I'm not a scout, but I see a guy who has an unbelievable amount of physical talent who seems to have finally figured out the professional (in terms of being a professional) part of the game. On his 42 yard catch and run, it looked like a cross between T.O and/or Brandon Marshall. I can't see him not being the top target in SEA soon. He is head and shoulders above any other option on that team in terms of ability and his size is going to make him a favorite target.

Had it DVR'd. Just looked back and saw that Housh and Branch were in on the 1st drive. Without playing the whole game it looks like Williams comes in on 3WR sets or to give the other guys a breather...anyone confirm or dispel?
Confirmed

I wouldn't worry about where BMW falls in the rotation at the moment. I'm not a scout, but I see a guy who has an unbelievable amount of physical talent who seems to have finally figured out the professional (in terms of being a professional) part of the game. On his 42 yard catch and run, it looked like a cross between T.O and/or Brandon Marshall. I can't see him not being the top target in SEA soon. He is head and shoulders above any other option on that team in terms of ability and his size is going to make him a favorite target.
This. He is going to be the top target there by halloween.

Totally agree.I already posted this but the fact I saw him laughing it up and hanging with Hasselbeck on the sideline also caught my eye. Wasn't there also a pass interfernce call on a pass to BMW that attibuted to another long pick up?

Bump.

Don't think the Shark Pool should lose sight of Mike Williams (No, The Other One). To me, this is exactly the type of homerun guy to pickup off preseason waivers or draft in the last round. But I guess the Bust Stank is so strong on him that literally NO ONE is talking about him.

If it wasn't for a buddy who is a Seahawk :lmao: , he wouldn't be on my radar at all. But this guy was raving that MW looked great in camp (to whit I launched into the standard David Boston Defense), but when he started doing it in games I took notice. He passes the eyeball test from the highlights I've seen, and it's just a perfect storm for him in Seattle (no dominant WR, old college coach, no running game).

Yet I have not heard or seen any fantasy news/advice source (including FBG) even pick up on MW. Do yourself a favor and drop whatever stiff is hanging out on the bottom of your WR depth chart and pick up BMW. Nothing to lose, stud to gain.

:thumbup:

I have man love for BMW too. Not ashamed of it. If I could gather all of you FootballGuys in one town, I would stand on top of the nearest building and shout it with pride. :goodposting:

Really there is nothing to lose as the last guy on your roster.

No such thing as a last round bust. :thumbdown:If I weren't heavily invested in McCluster, I'd be all over this.
Funny you should say this. Drafted McCluster at the end of my draft over BMW, but switched him out after seeing Williams bring it the other night. Still a little torn, But I could see starting BMW before McCluster at some point before the halfway mark.Either guy qualifies as a good gamble imo.

No such thing as a last round bust. :thumbdown:If I weren't heavily invested in McCluster, I'd be all over this.
Funny you should say this. Drafted McCluster at the end of my draft over BMW, but switched him out after seeing Williams bring it the other night. Still a little torn, But I could see starting BMW before McCluster at some point before the halfway mark.Either guy qualifies as a good gamble imo.
Yeah, you pick your number, and you let the wheel spin. Paying close attention to BMW (and a few other guys) in the days leading up to season kickoff, just in case.

Users who are viewing this thread