What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Dan Orlovsky Deserves A Nathaniel Hackett Thread (1 Viewer)

rockaction

Footballguy
Stupidest announcer in pro football.

Up 14-7, inside the ten, 3:30 left, and he wants the Steelers to throw a fade to Pickens.

They proceed to do the only smart thing and run the football three times.

Stupid stupid stupid stupid ***.

Leave your observations here.

Step out of bounds again.

Last edited:
I’ll be honest, I was hoping they would’ve mentioned Pickens Pickens Pickens more

Pickens Pickens Pickens did not get enough attention from this crew imo Pickens Pickens Pickens

It's possible as a former QB that he was trying to envision the Steelers icing the game with another TD and pulling away
-I agree they should have run the ball but if they executed a fade and TD, game over

Hate him in the booth. These three man booths where the two colors guys compete with each other to get the most words in are brutal. Riddick is also really bad.

Worst crew I can ever recall and I mean ever. When I heard this crew as the beginning my thought was I hope Peacock has some agreement with ESPN to use a crew and this is the one they use in the game I'm not going to pay to watch next week.

I was thinking the same thing when Orlovsky was calling for Pickens to get the ball when all they had to do was run clock and kick a FG. I kept waiting for one of the other crew to step and refute that nonsense but nope. That's the kind of stupid talk you might expect from a buddy watching the game with you who has Pickens on their fantasy team, not the announcer of a game.

Also at one point during the game, after Diontae had his TD, Fowler said that Dionate had mainly been a complimentary WR most of the year but today had 4 catches. That's painting an entirely in-accurate picture, like he's been some kind of distant second all year, what you might expect someone to say who knew nothing about the Steelers and was just looking at a stat sheet, like one that did not account for fact he spent time on IR this year as the major reason he's not the team leader in receptions.

Spot on, ESPN announcers are the worst. I think they watch highlights from the week before & base their observations on that.

Worst crew I can ever recall and I mean ever. When I heard this crew as the beginning my thought was I hope Peacock has some agreement with ESPN to use a crew and this is the one they use in the game I'm not going to pay to watch next week.

I was thinking the same thing when Orlovsky was calling for Pickens to get the ball when all they had to do was run clock and kick a FG. I kept waiting for one of the other crew to step and refute that nonsense but nope. That's the kind of stupid talk you might expect from a buddy watching the game with you who has Pickens on their fantasy team, not the announcer of a game.

Also at one point during the game, after Diontae had his TD, Fowler said that Dionate had mainly been a complimentary WR most of the year but today had 4 catches. That's painting an entirely in-accurate picture, like he's been some kind of distant second all year, what you might expect someone to say who knew nothing about the Steelers and was just looking at a stat sheet, like one that did not account for fact he spent time on IR this year as the major reason he's not the team leader in receptions.
Yeah, they were rough

Up 14-7, inside the ten, 3:30 left, and he wants the Steelers to throw a fade to Pickens.

Sure, do the safe thing and run the ball when they were fumbling half of the time…

(I agree that orlovsky was bad on the game. I wish I could remember the thing that made me think “ what the hell is this guy talking about” at the time)

Can't stand him. I don't watch espn much anymore but I don't get why they think he's so great and needs to be on every nfl show

Hate him in the booth. These three man booths where the two colors guys compete with each other to get the most words in are brutal. Riddick is also really bad.
I think Riddick is one of the best analysts in the business.
I used to think that too and I've seen Orlovsky do good analysis too. Being in the booth and/or manufacturing hot takes on daytime ESPN really seems to make these guys worse.

Users who are viewing this thread