What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Mindhunter (1 Viewer)

Actually my brother was in Pittsburgh for work two weeks back and said they were filming the new season next door. 

Last edited by a moderator:
One thing I love about the show is the Music that they use. Especially the Led Zeppelin song in the finale. 

I just came upon a song which would be perfect for this series, "Blackest Eyes" by Porcupine Tree. It is apparently about a serial killer. What is unnerving about the song is some of it is written so beautifully that it is easy to forget what the subject matter of the song is. Kind of like how Agent Ford gets comfortable enough with Ed Kemper that he forgets what awful things he is capable of. Until the finale when Kemper corners him in the hospital. The song was written in 2002 so it probably wouldn't be in the show because it seems they use songs from the time period of the show. But i bet they could make it a pretty perfect fit to an episode.

One thing I love about the show is the Music that they use. Especially the Led Zeppelin song in the finale. 

I just came upon a song which would be perfect for this series, "Blackest Eyes" by Porcupine Tree. It is apparently about a serial killer. What is unnerving about the song is some of it is written so beautifully that it is easy to forget what the subject matter of the song is. Kind of like how Agent Ford gets comfortable enough with Ed Kemper that he forgets what awful things he is capable of. Until the finale when Kemper corners him in the hospital. The song was written in 2002 so it probably wouldn't be in the show because it seems they use songs from the time period of the show. But i bet they could make it a pretty perfect fit to an episode.
Good one!

Ill talk to the sound engineer and see what i can do.

Just finished binge-watching both seasons.

They HAVE to be making at least a 3rd season, right?  Those teasers in each ep about that KS guy has to pay off in the future, right?
Who is that guy supposed to be anyway?  Just a future killer they go after?  

it's a solid way of setting up the final season.  bake it in upfront, let the series go as long as it can, and finish strong - rather than cobbling something together.

it's a solid way of setting up the final season.  bake it in upfront, let the series go as long as it can, and finish strong - rather than cobbling something together.
And IMO it has a lot going for it. BTK is interesting. Fincher is a hell of a movie maker. The cast is strong and S2 clearly topped S1. It's one of the better shows out there IMO and surely needs a final wrap up.

-jb- said:
I haven't seen anything that even says that they are 100% making a 3rd season.  Have you seen something that indicates that not only ARE they doing it, but that it is already KNOWN to be the final season?

Yep, its BTK killer. 

Amazing how he got caught.  I was just about to type it but in case people dont know I'd hate to ruin it if it's covered in the show

Is explaining the history of BTK too spoilery? I ask because, if explained, it would help answer whether it has significant impact on the show's trajectory. 

Is explaining the history of BTK too spoilery? I ask because, if explained, it would help answer whether it has significant impact on the show's trajectory. 
no, just put it in spoiler tags.  the story is pretty well known.

If you want to know the real life timeline of BTK...

BTK isn't "caught" until decades later after his killings with spanned from the 70s to the 90s. He started writing letters again in 2004 and was caught in 2005 after police used metadata to catch him. Unfortunately for the show, I don't see how the main characters could tie into any of this.

Well, this sucks. Apparently the show has been put on indefinite hold and the cast's contracts have all expired. Something about Fincher focusing on some movie instead.
This show, the Witcher, and The Watchmen were all really good and it sounds like we're going to be waiting awhile to see more. 

And, on that topic, wtf is happening with Better Call Saul??

Well, this sucks. Apparently the show has been put on indefinite hold and the cast's contracts have all expired. Something about Fincher focusing on some movie instead.
Sucks as I really liked this. I wish someone could take it over for him. That said, his new Netflix movie about the making of Citizen Kane sounds great.

This is what's gonna kill Netflix. They keep shutting down series before giving them a final wrap up. Eventually people will stop watching shows if they never finish. 

Netflix has burned me on Marco and Mindhunter.

Yeah I’m pretty sure they have found that a new show generates a lot of hype and interest where as a 3rd and 4th season of a show doesn’t get nearly the buzz. I also heard that people subscribe to Netflix wanting to watch their big premier titles but most users just watch The Office, Always Sunny, Parks and Rec, etc over and over and over.

The later seasons of a binge show are extremely expensive for the three-four days of interest it gets on social media and in real life. People talk about it for a weekend, maybe two, then it's gone and there's radio silence for 12-18 months until maybe another season comes along.

Rumors are Netflix might start rolling out more shows in a week-to-week format just to try to get a larger share of the conversation. 
They should. The binge approach is stupid as hell from a network perspective.

Live by the algorithm, die by the algorithm. 

Netflix and the other streamers will usually renew a show for a second season quickly. Sometimes even before it premieres. CBS All Access just did that with Picard. They want people to feel it's OK to try out a show without worrying it'll get canceled too soon. 

However, the metric they're using to determine if they will renew it for any more seasons beyond that is how many new subscribers that show attracts. If people who already pay for the service watch a show, that doesn't mean much. That money is already counted. If a show brings new eyeballs, though, that's actually worth something. Those shows get third and fourth seasons. 

What they don't yet have a good model for is guessing how many people will cancel if one, two, three, or ten of their favorite shows get canceled. That'll be the sink or swim calculation. I think the only reason Stranger Things, House of Cards, and Orange is the New Black got such long runs are they didn't want to find out. Losing a tent pole is a huge risk. 

Then tell showrunners they have 2 seasons to tell a story. I'm fine with that.

The later seasons of a binge show are extremely expensive for the three-four days of interest it gets on social media and in real life. People talk about it for a weekend, maybe two, then it's gone and there's radio silence for 12-18 months until maybe another season comes along.

Rumors are Netflix might start rolling out more shows in a week-to-week format just to try to get a larger share of the conversation. 
I thought that wasnt just rumored but announced.

peaces said:
Zow said:
And, on that topic, wtf is happening with Better Call Saul??
2/23
And I was reading an article the other day that it likely will go 6 seasons (this is 5 coming up).  They hinted that they might run it the exact same number of episodes that Breaking Bad was, Gilligan thought that that would be a cool synchronicity

Yeah I’m pretty sure they have found that a new show generates a lot of hype and interest where as a 3rd and 4th season of a show doesn’t get nearly the buzz. I also heard that people subscribe to Netflix wanting to watch their big premier titles but most users just watch The Office, Always Sunny, Parks and Rec, etc over and over and over.
That’s funny as its exactly opposite of how I use Netflix.  Haven’t watched once episode of the “tv classics” on there even though I love the office.  It reruns enough on regular cable.  

That’s funny as its exactly opposite of how I use Netflix.  Haven’t watched once episode of the “tv classics” on there even though I love the office.  It reruns enough on regular cable.  
We watch it that way on netflix, hulu , etc a lot. I like starting from the beginning and rewatching the whole series. We're currently on a rewatch of Malcolm in the Middle , MASH, The Addams Family and I Dream of Jeannie. Maybe one episode a day of a random show. It's our dinner time viewing.

Agreed. Definitely want more Mindhunter but I don’t feel like I got cheated or wasted my time. 

And I was reading an article the other day that it likely will go 6 seasons (this is 5 coming up).  They hinted that they might run it the exact same number of episodes that Breaking Bad was, Gilligan thought that that would be a cool synchronicity
Breaking Bad was 5 seasons.  I remember reading an article last year where they were saying it was crazy that BCS was going to be longer than BB. 

Two things:

1) No commercials on Netflix

2) In order to fit in more commercials than it had when it originally aired, they actually trim episodes.  So you're not actually getting to see all of the show if you watch on cable. 

Breaking Bad was 5 seasons.  I remember reading an article last year where they were saying it was crazy that BCS was going to be longer than BB. 
You’re right I just have misinterpreted the number of episodes thing in to seasons. For BCS to run as many episodes as BB a 6th season would be needed (or a much longer 5 but that’s already in the can). 

Users who are viewing this thread