What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Minnesota got hosed! (1 Viewer)

Noahs Troopers

Footballguy
2005 Packers Nick Collins Packers FS

2004 Baltimore Dwan Edwards DE

2003 Denver Terry Pierce OLB

2002 Denver Clinton Portis RB

2001 Denver Paul Toviessi DE

2000 Tampa Bay Cosey Coleman G

1999 Arizona Johnny Rutledge MLB

1998 Minnesota Kailee Wong OLB

1997 Washington Greg Jones OLB

1996 Indianapolis Dedric Mathis DB

There you go, the last 10 years of pick #51 which is what Miami gave for Culpepper. Besides Portis, I don't see any equal value even for a damaged Duante. Draft picks are very, very overrated. Shaun Alexander could have been taken from Seattle last year for a player such as those listed above. I see huge value in 1st round picks, after that it's a crapshoot with a 10-20% hit point. Minnesota got hosed! :shock:

You can't just compare the draft value, you also have to compare the contracts; the second-round pick's contract will be much smaller than Culpepper's, so the team will have more flexibility to do things in free agency.

Not that they will.

You also have to factor in Daunte's discontent with the team and his open unwillingness to play there again. Gee, you think that might have driven his value down at all???

And San Diego got bupkus for Drew Brees.

And Indy got nada for Edgerrin James.

So what?

No they didn't get what Daunte's worth. But they got the best they could for a guy they were going to release anyway.

IS ANYONE PAYING ATTENTION?!

Last edited by a moderator:
And San Diego got bupkus for Drew Brees.

And Indy got nada for Edgerrin James.

So what?

No they didn't get what Daunte's worth. But they got the best they could for a guy they were going to release anyway.

IS ANYONE PAYING ATTENTION?!
:goodposting:

These posts are getting painful to read. How many times does the question of "why is Pepper only worth a 2nd rounder" have to be answered?

You also have to factor in Daunte's discontent with the team and his open unwillingness to play there again. Gee, you think that might have driven his value down at all???
No kidding, they got the best deal they could for a player that wasn't going to be there next year, they would have cut him and got nothing otherwise. Why people don't get this is :loco:

No kidding, they got the best deal they could for a player that wasn't going to be there next year, they would have cut him and got nothing otherwise. Why people don't get this is :loco:
Your avatar depicting child abuse is real funny, Abusing kids always makes me laugh. :no: :thumbdown:

There you go, the last 10 years of pick #51 which is what Miami gave for Culpepper. Besides Portis, I don't see any equal value even for a damaged Duante. Draft picks are very, very overrated. Shaun Alexander could have been taken from Seattle last year for a player such as those listed above. I see huge value in 1st round picks, after that it's a crapshoot with a 10-20% hit point. Minnesota got hosed! :shock:
:goodposting: I have no idea why the NFL even have rounds 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 and 7.

Your avatar depicting child abuse is real funny, Abusing kids always makes me laugh. :no: :thumbdown:
thats your comeback, o.k. then smart guy. I have never thought that was a guy kneeing a kid in the face the whole time I've had it, you might need counseling.

Who cares what was drafted at #51 in the PAST. I don't think the same players enter the draft every year. Maybe the Vikes will package that #2 pick and move up in the draft. I could make a CUTE :excited: list of busted #1 draft picks, starting with Ryan Leaf, but why? whats in the past is history. I didn't see anyone offering any picks for T.O., and when healthy he is without doubt one of the top 3 WR's in the game(a headcase for sure) but a great talent. I would rather look to future, then think I am(Vikings) going to get nothing for the 51st pick, based on past players, coaching staffs, etc.

thats your comeback, o.k. then smart guy. I have never thought that was a guy kneeing a kid in the face the whole time I've had it, you might need counseling.
I always thought it was a female dwarf who got caught sleeping with the husband of the woman in the blue shirt.

Users who are viewing this thread