What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Missing Malaysian jet news (2 Viewers)

I stumbled upon this article and I was going to create a thread about it because I thought it was worthy of discussion, I'm glad it was already posted.  I thought it was an incredibly interesting, well written, well researched article and to be quite honest, not what I was expecting, I mean the level of information and detail contained within it, really well done.

I have so many takeaways from it, I'm not even certain where to begin from the incompetence and corruption of the Malaysian government, defense, air traffic control, etc. to the horribly evil acts of that pilot, it was all pretty sobering and eye opening.  Another thing I was struck by was the selfless pursuit of the truth by Blaine Gibson.  I'm still in shock to read of everything that poor man had to (and still has to) endure, it's unimaginable that someone lending their time and talent would have to suffer through so much torment just for the sake of finding or revealing the truth about what actually happened to that flight.
I am sure he is facing torment, but the vibe I got from the author was that the author thought at least some of this was in Gibson's head.

I am sure he is facing torment, but the vibe I got from the author was that the author thought at least some of this was in Gibson's head.
That's true but if you got a bunch of death threats online and then this happened :

In 2017, Gibson arranged a formal mechanism for the transfer of debris: He would turn over any new find to authorities in Madagascar, who would hand it to Malaysia’s honorary consul, who would pack it up and ship it to Kuala Lumpur for examination and storage. On August 24 of that year, the honorary consul was gunned down in his car by an assassin who escaped on a motorcycle and has never been found. A French-language news account alleged that the consul had a shady past; his killing may have had no connection to MH370 at all. Gibson, however, has assumed that there is a connection. A police investigation is ongoing.
I'm sure that would probably put even the best of us in a different mindset you know?

Sullie said:
That's true but if you got a bunch of death threats online and then this happened :

I'm sure that would probably put even the best of us in a different mindset you know?
Yeah maybe.  And one thing I hadn't really connected is WHO would be doing the threatening.  I kind of was thinking "Why would anyone care if he picks up debris?"  But I guess it could be the lame Malaysians, if they feel like somehow his investigation will paint them in more of a bad light.

Users who are viewing this thread