What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

MNF **Buffalo Bills at New York Jets** +2, 44.5 (2 Viewers)

I was kidding, by the way. I wasn't touting him. I figured he'd fumble.
His post game interview on the field was great. The stars making tens of millions of dollars get most of the attention, he is just a kid who barely made the team, got to call his proud momma to give her the news while she was getting her oil changed, then goes out week 1 and wins it with an OT return to the house.

That play may have saved the Jets season. How different the mood, belief, and motivation will be when they go back to practice compared to a loss combined with losing Rodgers. Not saying the will make the playoffs with Wilson, but they will at least still be fighting.

Not saying the will make the playoffs with Wilson, but they will at least still be fighting.

I fear that ends next week in Dallas where the Jets will be reminded just how far away they are with Wilson and that offensive line. Dallas is just going to stack the box and disrespect the pass, and then when they inevitably get ahead they will just pin their ears back and rush.

Allen will catch most of the grief for this, and he deserves much criticism, but this is just as much on the coaching staff. How does McDermott not go to his offensive play caller and Allen at halftime and say, "Okay, we're up 10, the QB they are now playing is trash, and the only way we can lose is if we beat ourselves, so play it safe and don't take any unnecessary chances." They kept throwing the ball and it was like WTH are they doing. They literally gave that game away.

didn't watch either, but when i looked at the stat sheet and saw the "usage" of damien harris... i was kinda glad they lost.

maybe the offensive playcalling will remove its head from its bum, and start acting like a real football club should.

Allen will catch most of the grief for this, and he deserves much criticism, but this is just as much on the coaching staff. How does McDermott not go to his offensive play caller and Allen at halftime and say, "Okay, we're up 10, the QB they are now playing is trash, and the only way we can lose is if we beat ourselves, so play it safe and don't take any unnecessary chances." They kept throwing the ball and it was like WTH are they doing. They literally gave that game away.
Apparently, it's because everyone just has to "take the good with the bad".

OK, re. his picks. I'm no Allen apologist and honestly nowhere close to Bills fan, but lets look closer at these picks.

The first one was on 3rd and 8...SIXTY YARDS downfield.
The second was on 2nd and 13....41 yards downfield.
The third was a great defensive play on short yardage.

A lot of things can happen on deep ball attempts, most of them good. Sorry...but NFL QBs SHOULD throw more 40+ yard interceptions, especially on third and long. The fumble was ugly, but typical of week one every year across the NFL. In other words, the pile on Allen push is a bit over the top

Apparently, it's because everyone just has to "take the good with the bad".
That's the facts of life, man.

OK, re. his picks. I'm no Allen apologist and honestly nowhere close to Bills fan, but lets look closer at these picks.

The first one was on 3rd and 8...SIXTY YARDS downfield.
The second was on 2nd and 13....41 yards downfield.
The third was a great defensive play on short yardage.

A lot of things can happen on deep ball attempts, most of them good. Sorry...but NFL QBs SHOULD throw more 40+ yard interceptions, especially on third and long. The fumble was ugly, but typical of week one every year across the NFL. In other words, the pile on Allen push is a bit over the top
The first was way overthrown into double coverage where only the defender could catch it, and he had a really good chance at running for the 1st down (if not a lot more). Awful.
The second was also thrown into double coverage, and resulted in a touchback and only a net gain of 21 yards. It was also only 2nd down and they were right on the edge of FG range. Awful.
The 3rd he stared down his receiver and threw a poorly thrown ball behind him, it was probably the easiest of his 3 INTs on the night.

And yeah, the double-fumble, plus he took several unnecessary huge hits. His decision making was terrible in this game, especially considering the circumstances.

*Cooper Rush has entered the chat*

"Heard you boys are looking for a game manager?" - Cooper Rush (probably)

This boy is 4-1 as a starter last year. Ice in his veins. 3rd round pick from NYJ incoming!! I'm kidding... Tim Boyle is perfectly capable of being the Cooper Rush in this offense 😂

Do we even discuss Tom Brady as a possible filler for the Jets?
He would do it for free just ti play BB twice a year
Considering they just honored him at Foxboro on Sunday and announced they are waiving the 5-year wait period to induct him to their Patriots Hall of Fame next year, I’d consider that the longest of shots. Funny to think about though.

Do we even discuss Tom Brady as a possible filler for the Jets?
He would do it for free just ti play BB twice a year
Considering they just honored him at Foxboro on Sunday and announced they are waiving the 5-year wait period to induct him to their Patriots Hall of Fame next year, I’d consider that the longest of shots. Funny to think about though.
Plus Brady can't play as a partial owner. He'd have to sell off his interest in the Raiders.

Users who are viewing this thread