What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***MNF - Raiders at Lions*** (-8.0/46.0) (2 Viewers)

Unreal. I’m gonna be sick. I needed that win bad in the Adams league. Probably ends my season.

Unreal. I’m gonna be sick. I needed that win bad in the Adams league. Probably ends my season.
I have good news for you: If your team’s fortunes were depending on Adams, your season was already over

That was rough for Adams last night. For the season he's WR13 averaging 14.9 points. He's delivered for tons of teams this year and should get back on track. Needs help obviously but clearly he's one of the best WRs in the game. https://www.footballguys.com/playerhistoricalstats?pos=wr&yr=2023&startwk=1&stopwk=18&profile=p

I have good news for you: If your team’s fortunes were depending on Adams, your season was already over

That was rough for Adams last night. For the season he's WR13 averaging 14.9 points. He's delivered for tons of teams this year and should get back on track. Needs help obviously but clearly he's one of the best WRs in the game. https://www.footballguys.com/playerhistoricalstats?pos=wr&yr=2023&startwk=1&stopwk=18&profile=p
In the heat of last night's game and my close fantasy loss as a result of Adams' underperformance, I probably went a little bit overboard. But I also don't think WR13 tells the whole story. He's had one blow-up week, one very solid week, and for the past four weeks has had very mediocre production, with a high of 57 yards. What's more, the LV offense appears broken. Adams' obvious (and understandable) frustration led to a little bit of "squeaky wheel gets oiled" in the first half last week, but in the six quarters since then his production has dwindled to basically nothing.

I don't blame him for that -- in fact, the fact that he's clearly as talented as he's always been makes it even more frustrating, because it's not like you can bench him. But something is very wrong, and at the moment McDaniels isn't giving us much reason to think it will be fixed anytime soon. It also stinks that LV has a Week 13 bye, because this is definitely an offense that needs that extra week to figure out something new, but even if it happens, it will likely be too late to help fantasy managers

He's delivered for tons of teams this year and should get back on track.

Joe, Full PPR weekly scores.

That's an average Week One, a very nice Week Two, and a ridiculous week-winning third week, followed by one slightly above-average week and then a whole lot of nothing. Those last four weeks are terrible totals on a per-game basis. Only Week Seven checks out as average for a starter in most standard PPR leagues. If you play head-to-head, one game per week, you're hurting because he was a first or early second in almost every draft. Hence the opportunity cost and people having losing seasons actively because of Davante.

Maybe my expectations about what "average" is are too high, but there's a serious variance problem here for head-to-head players.

His startable game percentage over at ESPN through Week Seven was fifteenth in the league. He had four startable games according to them. He's also had a "stiff game," which was his 4.90 (one assumes). One assumes he had another "stiff" game last night, which would drop his rating even lower, probably into the twenties. That means four startable games out of eight possible ones.

Not so good for a first-round pick in your fantasy draft.

He's definitely been up and down as many WRs are. We'd like to see him higher than WR13 after Week 8.

Oh, sure. Everybody would. And I don't think anybody here has blamed Adams. He's still relatively at the top of his game. It's his QB and head coach I think people are skeptical of. Hence all of his fantasy GMs wanting a trade.

That said -- and back to the point totals -- his consistency rating is lower than most guys in the top thirty of fantasy points scored. It's the variance that's killing his owners, not his aggregate totals. This year, he's more like Gabe Davis than he is the Davante of times gone by, and that's what people are lamenting.

Anyway, no biggie. I hope he turns it around.

What's a bit troubling for the Lions is Adams had them beat on at least 3 plays that could have resulted in a game changing outcome with better QB play. The Lions still win this game regardless and they have the bye week to clean up the mistakes.

What's a bit troubling for the Lions is Adams had them beat on at least 3 plays that could have resulted in a game changing outcome with better QB play. The Lions still win this game regardless and they have the bye week to clean up the mistakes.

They always have a lot to clean up. But I love that they keep winning playing less than perfect. They truly have learned how to control the flow of the game against the middle class and the poors of the NFL.

Adams was 1/6 last night. On the interception it was good coverage by S Kerby Joseph. The rest of his targets all came against Cam Sutton, Detroit's #1 CB. He was 1/5 for 11 yards, BUT interestingly Sutton had the worst PFF coverage grade on the team - only 29.6. That's bc Adams was open on all four passes over 20 yards and Jimmy didn't come within a country mile of hitting him.

In standard and TD heavy scoring, he is more like WR19. But it could be worse considering this Raiders offense is tied for bottom 5 in TDs scored (13 TD in 8 games). And only 8 pass TD, so avg 1 per game. Meanwhile the Dolphins have 36 TDs lol.

Almost none of it is his fault. If they can get better QB play out of Jimmy G and better playcalling out of the coaching staff, Davante should bounce back.

They always have a lot to clean up. But I love that they keep winning playing less than perfect. They truly have learned how to control the flow of the game against the middle class and the poors of the NFL.

Adams was 1/6 last night. On the interception it was good coverage by S Kerby Joseph. The rest of his targets all came against Cam Sutton, Detroit's #1 CB. He was 1/5 for 11 yards, BUT interestingly Sutton had the worst PFF coverage grade on the team - only 29.6. That's bc Adams was open on all four passes over 20 yards and Jimmy didn't come within a country mile of hitting him.
Yeah that was my observation watching Adams every play. He owned Sutton. If Joe Burrow was back there slinging it, his stat line is 5/175/2

I don't play FF, but the trade deadline has passed for Davante to get out of Vegas, and if anyone thinks Davante will get "back on track" with and Alden O'Connell starting from now on is like saying Lane Kiffin will bring excitement to Tennessee.

Anyone who would still ask "Why can't this offense with all that talent as skill positions still fail to score at least 20 PPG, is 30th in points scored, 3rd down conversions are LOL, and all three starting QB's who have turned the ball over not only with INTs but lost fumbles and still have three catches from Adams being all you need in a game to win...

Where is Lane Kiffin when we need him?

Yeah that was my observation watching Adams every play. He owned Sutton. If Joe Burrow was back there slinging it, his stat line is 5/175/2

Yes. Better QB play would have meant a ton. Aidan O'Connell will be super interesting to watch here.

Users who are viewing this thread