What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Moderna working on new therapeutic to treat Heart Issues (1 Viewer)

Insein

Footballguy
Moderna Partnering with Astrazeneca to create a Therapeutic to fight Heart related issues

"What if #mRNA could treat life-threatening #cardiovascular diseases such as #HeartFailure? We are collaborating with @AstraZeneca on an mRNA therapeutic (AZD8601) that encodes for VEGF-A to promote recovery of cardiac function through tissue regeneration."

:oldunsure:

Moderna Reveals Slightly Higher Rates of Myocarditis in Young People Who Received Its COVID-19 Vaccine

"Moderna’s chief medical officer said in a call with reporters on Thursday that its COVID-19 vaccine offers a high level of protection against severe disease, hospitalization, and death from COVID-19, but it comes with a higher—yet still relatively rare—risk of heart problems."

why's this political?
no idea, but the mystery of why the heart tissue is the only organ tissue that doesn't regenerate has been a mystery people have been trying to solve for years.  If they can figure out how to turn it back on, that would be huge.  However, I'm sure there's some conspiracy theory being drummed up as we converse.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm not at all surprised. Can't say I didn't warn ya. AstraZeneca involved? Their garbage was the worst.

Moderna garbage for young people "slightly higher" cases of myocarditis.  Yeah right, 'slightly'. WTH happened to 'safe & effective'?   :lmao:

What if #mRNA could treat life-threatening #cardiovascular diseases such as #HeartFailure? We are collaborating with @AstraZeneca on an mRNA therapeutic (AZD8601) that encodes for VEGF-A to promote recovery of cardiac function through tissue regeneration."
That would be amazing 

I wonder if there is anyone anymore who doesn't take dozens of pill's a week :(

Man its a wonder the 100 billion people who've lived lived

I don't reject common sense medicine/technology but we are moving towards a new world that I do not agree with  new world
You're not wrong.  And you'd be amazed at how good medical science is at keeping people who would have died even 25 years ago alive for an extra 5 years.  There's not only the pharmaceutical therapies but medical interventions are being done at a far later age than they used to be.  Back in 2000, no one older than say 70 would be getting new hips and knees, now we throw them in folks close to 90.  It's amazing how good we've gotten at keeping people alive considering how horrible most people treat their bodies. 

why's this political?
Good question.  If there's one thing that unites people across the political divide, it's tackling long-running chronic health problems and extending the horizon of high-quality life for our seniors and thei

I'm not at all surprised. Can't say I didn't warn ya. AstraZeneca involved? Their garbage was the worst.

Moderna garbage for young people "slightly higher" cases of myocarditis.  Yeah right, 'slightly'. WTH happened to 'safe & effective'?   :lmao:
Well, #### it then.

You're not wrong.  And you'd be amazed at how good medical science is at keeping people who would have died even 25 years ago alive for an extra 5 years.  There's not only the pharmaceutical therapies but medical interventions are being done at a far later age than they used to be.  Back in 2000, no one older than say 70 would be getting new hips and knees, now we throw them in folks close to 90.  It's amazing how good we've gotten at keeping people alive considering how horrible most people treat their bodies. 

on that ....

my uncle is 75 ... he's battled covid virus for about 6 weeks ... 3 weeks before going to dr, 1 week ICU, last 2 weeks ventilator. They did a tracheostomy two days ago with the plan of moving him to a long term facility. He hasn't been conscious in 3 weeks. He's probably 1/3 the body weight when he went in. Kidneys, lungs, some other organ issues .... maybe brain has all been impacted. A machine keeps him alive. 

lets pretend he lives, he miraculously comes back and gets off that machine and in some way breathes on his own. His body has wasted to nothing. He's not eaten solid food in weeks/months ... he'll not be able to walk, who knows what capacity his speech will be, brain etc. 

for a man who lived/worked all day long all his life, who has a 280 acre farm, 65 head of cattle, dogs, cats .... he DOES things all day long ... what would you project his quality of life to be?  medical science/technology kept him alive ..... but is it REALLY living ?

rewind 40 years, and he'd have died 2 weeks ago  

on that ....

my uncle is 75 ... he's battled covid virus for about 6 weeks ... 3 weeks before going to dr, 1 week ICU, last 2 weeks ventilator. They did a tracheostomy two days ago with the plan of moving him to a long term facility. He hasn't been conscious in 3 weeks. He's probably 1/3 the body weight when he went in. Kidneys, lungs, some other organ issues .... maybe brain has all been impacted. A machine keeps him alive. 

lets pretend he lives, he miraculously comes back and gets off that machine and in some way breathes on his own. His body has wasted to nothing. He's not eaten solid food in weeks/months ... he'll not be able to walk, who knows what capacity his speech will be, brain etc. 

for a man who lived/worked all day long all his life, who has a 280 acre farm, 65 head of cattle, dogs, cats .... he DOES things all day long ... what would you project his quality of life to be?  medical science/technology kept him alive ..... but is it REALLY living ?

I understand your example and it's real.  But we are really good at keeping folks alive, conscious, and mobile too.  Note all the scooters everywhere these days.

Sorry to hear about your uncle, you're right, that is no way for a proud, self reliant man to go out. 

I understand your example and it's real.  But we are really good at keeping folks alive, conscious, and mobile too.  Note all the scooters everywhere these days.

Sorry to hear about your uncle, you're right, that is no way for a proud, self reliant man to go out. 

I watched my father in law die everyday for 4 months until he finally did .... more than once to an ER to "save" him and ... that experience changed me

Most people who want to send their loved ones to a facility to have a machine keep them alive is doing it for themselves, not that person. Medical Power of Attorney's .... everyone should have that designated and what they want done known.

I watched my father in law die everyday for 4 months until he finally did .... more than once to an ER to "save" him and ... that experience changed me

Most people who want to send their loved ones to a facility to have a machine keep them alive is doing it for themselves, not that person. Medical Power of Attorney's .... everyone should have that designated and what they want done known.
I know we rarely agree and you're not a fan of mine but we're 100% on the same page here.  And my reaction to your post is honest and not meant at all in a mocking way.

Best to you and your family.

James Daulton said:
I know we rarely agree and you're not a fan of mine but we're 100% on the same page here.  And my reaction to your post is honest and not meant at all in a mocking way.

Best to you and your family.

thank you - its what many families and people go through - with cancer, covid, etc :(     I know the older I get, the more I see things .... differently 

Stealthycat said:

My father was in that same situation.  He never expressed his wishes, had a massive stroke.  He was in a coma and never came out.   He could have had a feeding tube and to to a facility 90 miles away - no thanks.  

on that ....

Sorry to hear about your uncle. 

Users who are viewing this thread