What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Most boring SB ever? (1 Viewer)

Agree or disagree?

• Yes, most boring matchup ever

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No, thrilling

• No, but it's not all that great

• Other

• Total voters
All those games in the 90s that were complete mismatches were boring to me. Dallas/Buff one, SD/SF, anything with Denver pre TD, the Giants/Ravens, etc.

Top offense vs a top defense. Resurgent offense vs resurgent defense. Lot's of good athletes, Steeler history, new guy on the block, Bettis, Detroit having a Super Bowl, Kid Rock sightings....it's gonna be a great game.
Dallas/Buffalo wasn't bad going in since they were two the of top offenses. The Bills defense was very good, but not great like Dallas'. SD/SF I can agree with since that was the largest spread in Super Bowl history (18 1/2) and nobody expected the Chargers to win.

the only Super Bowl I haven't watched in the last 30 years is Baltimore vs NYG. That was unwatchable.  I ended up driving around Portland on a rainy day looking for a new house to buy.
I also found other things to do that day. The Giants got there with that flukey game against the Vikes. The Ravens bored everyone all year, but they had an awesome D. There was really no question of who was going to win that game while putting you to sleep.
:horrible posting:C'mon, the big game was atrocious, but 41-0 over an offense like the 2000 Vikings being a "flukey game" is an obscenely ridiculous statement.

The Giants showed they belonged in the big game that year. They just couldn't compete against the AFC's best.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think you've got idiot radio hosts in KC.

Shawn Alexander is going to the hall of fame. Big Ben is going to the hall. MOst likely the Bus is going, and he's going home to Detroit on his way. (side note here. I don't think he's among the all time greats, and I wouldn't put him in, but he's likely going). Walter Jones will be in one day.

They're the two best teams, and I think it, along w/ most superbowls of late, will be awesome.

Is their suggestion that Peyton Manning would have made it better? Why? So he could choke on a bigger stage?

I'll chalk it up to KC whining, because they can't get a sniff of an AFC Championship, let alone a SB.
Agreed. What a bunch of tools. I hope these "talk show hosts" were just stirrin' the puddin', and that's all... No future Hall of Famers? There are several possibilities in this year's Super Bowl...

I think this'll be a pretty interesting Super Bowl, methinks.

Most boring? By far it was the 2000 Super Bowl between Baltimore and NY Giants... ugh! Painful... :X

And despite some revisionist history on this board, the Ravens were only favored by about 3 points in that game. A lot of people thought that the Raven playoff wins were flukes and their offense was way too inept to win a Super Bowl.

I've watched every Super Bowl since 1972. I don't care if it's Perkins School for the Blind vs. Special Olympics Select. I could watch the Super Bowl if my hair was on fire.

Shawn Alexander is going to the hall of fame.
Considering that we can't even spell the man's name right, on a FF board, tells me that maybe he isn't quite as well known as we'd like to think? ;) (j/k, I've seen Payton's name misspelled too ;) )

No future Hall of Famers? There are several possibilities in this year's Super Bowl...
I think that's their point. There's no automatics in, only Alexander gets nominated for the best at his position (aside from us Ben fans). I certainly don't agree with them, IMO this game is going to be very exciting, but ask your wives if she knows any of these players.

Shawn Alexander is going to the hall of fame.
Considering that we can't even spell the man's name right, on a FF board, tells me that maybe he isn't quite as well known as we'd like to think? ;) (j/k, I've seen Payton's name misspelled too ;) )

No future Hall of Famers? There are several possibilities in this year's Super Bowl...
I think that's their point. There's no automatics in, only Alexander gets nominated for the best at his position (aside from us Ben fans). I certainly don't agree with them, IMO this game is going to be very exciting, but ask your wives if she knows any of these players.
I think that there are no automatic HOF'ers makes this SB more exciting because after it's over there will be HOF'ers regardless of who wins. If the Seahawks win, Alexander will be a shoe-in even he doesn't play many more years (he only needs 22 to pass Walter Peyton for 3rd all-time in rushing TD's). If the Steelers win, Bettis is assured of a spot, Ben is well on his way, and Ward boosts his chances quite bit.

Besides, whoever votes "worst matchup ever" is either a Giants or Ravens fan, because that 2001 Super Bowl was the worst matchup ever. The worst, Jerry.
???I voted "thrilling"---I'm not sure that your logic follows, Evil

While I'm sure 1/2 the country felt Ravens/Giants a boring game before it was played, it was obviously pretty exciting for me! Any time there are defensive and special teams TD's thrown in, I feel we've gotten a bonus

Boring to me were the blowouts of NE by 'da Bears and SD by the '9ers----THEY were difficult football games to watch 'til the end

in the end, Steelers rule this year....as an owner of the Bus over the years, I'm seriously rooting for a strong game from him---he is truely one of the good guys in a game where decency is many times forgoten

the only Super Bowl I haven't watched in the last 30 years is Baltimore vs NYG. That was unwatchable. I ended up driving around Portland on a rainy day looking for a new house to buy.
I also found other things to do that day. The Giants got there with that flukey game against the Vikes. The Ravens bored everyone all year, but they had an awesome D. There was really no question of who was going to win that game while putting you to sleep.
:horrible posting:C'mon, the big game was atrocious, but 41-0 over an offense like the 2000 Vikings being a "flukey game" is an obscenely ridiculous statement.

The Giants showed they belonged in the big game that year. They just couldn't compete against the AFC's best.
This is incorrect. The Vikings would have given Baltimore a better game.

the only Super Bowl I haven't watched in the last 30 years is Baltimore vs NYG. That was unwatchable.  I ended up driving around Portland on a rainy day looking for a new house to buy.

You must be fishing. A team that lost 41-0 is the team that would have performed better in the Super Bowl?Hate much? :rolleyes:

the only Super Bowl I haven't watched in the last 30 years is Baltimore vs NYG. That was unwatchable. I ended up driving around Portland on a rainy day looking for a new house to buy.

You must be fishing. A team that lost 41-0 is the team that would have performed better in the Super Bowl?Hate much? :rolleyes:
I'm much more unbiased than you are.

I think you've got idiot radio hosts in KC.

Shawn Alexander is going to the hall of fame.  Big Ben is going to the hall.  MOst likely the Bus is going, and he's going home to Detroit on his way.  (side note here.  I don't think he's among the all time greats, and I wouldn't put him in, but he's likely going).  Walter Jones will be in one day. 

They're the two best teams, and I think it, along w/ most superbowls of late, will be awesome. 

Is their suggestion that Peyton Manning would have made it better?  Why?  So he could choke on a bigger stage? 

I'll chalk it up to KC whining, because they can't get a sniff of an AFC Championship, let alone a SB.
Agreed. What a bunch of tools. I hope these "talk show hosts" were just stirrin' the puddin', and that's all... No future Hall of Famers? There are several possibilities in this year's Super Bowl...

I think this'll be a pretty interesting Super Bowl, methinks.

Most boring? By far it was the 2000 Super Bowl between Baltimore and NY Giants... ugh! Painful... :X
Just to reaffirm how ignorant these guys were ( I started listening to them on my drive home yesterday), one of the guys was saying that Shaun Alexander isn't even a good running back! :eek: Said he was only good at running up the middle and breaking it to the outside. :shock: Sounds good to me! I think what it was, was these guys were big time KC homers and they were pissed because SA broke Priest's TD record. Saying SA isn't as fun to watch as Priest. It was just silly the crap that was spewing from their soup coolers. They need to learn to have a nonbiased opinion. To the co-hosts credit, he was atleast trying to make an argument for SA but the other guy was just set in his ways. I had to turn it off. :no:

This matchup should be pretty good. The perceived problem is Seattle doesn't have a national following right now - but if any team in the NFC is going to beat the AFC champ it is the Seahawks. Because of that fact alone I don't understand the complaints.

Users who are viewing this thread