What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Most bummed/sad you ever were over a NFL player you liked? (2 Viewers)

Seau suicide

Seau going to Miami

Tomlinson going to NYJ
This.
The Seau suicide was really a downer.

I think him playing with the Pats hurt much more than when he went to Miami. Similarly with Rodney Harrison - so stupid to let him go.

Tomlinson going to the Jets didn't really bother me, we all knew he was pretty much done.

The way the whole Shawne Merriman thing deteriorated sucked as a Charger fan too.

Was pretty bumbed when John Jefferson went to the Packers.

Last edited by a moderator:
Drew Brees injuring his shoulder, clearing the way for the Chargers to move on with Rivers.

If Shotty doesn't keep Brees in at the end of a meaningless game then the Chargers re-sign Brees, trade Rivers for a bundle, and possibly make the Super Bowl.

Not resigning Dawkins for a matter of a couple hundred grand that Denver offered more. Hell letting Denver talk to him at all. That one hurt. Not just the sentimental reasons but the fact that we haven't had a safety to replace him since he left. That was 7 years ago.

Pacels letting Emmitt go.

The worst part was the cowboys actually played well and made the playoffs in 2013, but fell off since Troy freaking HAMbrick sucked.. :rant:

Skoo said:
Might not be the biggest downer, but LeSean McCoy and his comments since he's been traded have been pretty hard to hear.

I have a signed McCoy football on display in my house. My fiance knows someone that works for the Eagles and they got Shady to sign it free of charge. Before he opened his mouth, he was at least an Eagle all-time great. Now I don't know what to do with the damn thing...
Keep it. Nothing stays the same. In ten years you'll be glad you did.

Bob Hayes drug bust and conviction, '78/79. I was young and impressionable. He was my childhood hero. I'd rather be cynical and jaded. Nothing that happens in sports bums me anymore.

Randall Cunningham's '91 season opening/ending knee injury that cost him the year. He was the reigning Offensive Player of the Year and the '91 Eagles Bud Carson led defense was one of 5 teams ever to rank #1 vs the run and pass. Some say, and myself included, that next to the Bears' '85 defense it was the best I ever saw. Kotite was a lousy coach but a clueless Switzer led a lesser team to a championship. A beaten Jim McMahon, Jeff Kemp, and Brad Goebel at QB led the Eagles to non playoff 10-6. What could have been. :sadbanana:

I challenge any franchise in any sport to come up with comparable subsequent losses:

'91 Randall Cunningham injury

'92 Jerome Brown death

'93 Reggie White/Keith Jackson Free Agency

For me, it's Jerome Brown. Devastating loss. More so from a human standpoint than a sports standpoint. Brown was one hell of a special human being.

Skoo said:
Might not be the biggest downer, but LeSean McCoy and his comments since he's been traded have been pretty hard to hear.

I have a signed McCoy football on display in my house. My fiance knows someone that works for the Eagles and they got Shady to sign it free of charge. Before he opened his mouth, he was at least an Eagle all-time great. Now I don't know what to do with the damn thing...
:shrug: if you don't want it, I'll take it.

chad pennington - thought the Jets finally had a franchise QB....brilliant QB mind, great touch, just enough arm to make the deep throws....then shoulder injuries destroyed him....ever since then: old favre, sanchez, geno.....

Saddest ever for me was Bradshaw's elbow forcing him out.

That whole season was agony waiting for him to return. You would hear encouraging news like he was close but just could not get on the field. He finally makes it back the last week of the season for his first appearance of the season against the Jets in NY for a must win game to make the playoffs. His arm looked shot and he only threw I think around 8 weak armed throws. And it was incredible. I want to say he threw for 2 TD's despite his arm limitations and he led the team to a win and the playoffs. But that would be it for his career, he gutted it out to help get the Steelers to the playoffs but was not even able to play any more that season or as it turns out ever again.

That was all sad when it happened. The Cliff Stoudt, Mark Malone, David Woodley,Bubby Brister, Kordell Stewart, Tomzak, Kent Graham era that would consume the greater part of the next 20 years until Big Ben saved the day was not sad so much as a painful. But I thought the brief Tommy Gun ride was fun and Kordell did have his moments.

That whole season was agony waiting for him to return. You would hear encouraging news like he was close but just could not get on the field. He finally makes it back the last week of the season for his first appearance of the season against the Jets in NY for a must win game to make the playoffs. His arm looked shot and he only threw I think around 8 weak armed throws. And it was incredible. I want to say he threw for 2 TD's despite his arm limitations and he led the team to a win and the playoffs. But that would be it for his career, he gutted it out to help get the Steelers to the playoffs but was not even able to play any more that season or as it turns out ever again.

That was all sad when it happened. The Cliff Stoudt, Mark Malone, David Woodley,Bubby Brister, Kordell Stewart, Tomzak, Kent Graham era that would consume the greater part of the next 20 years until Big Ben saved the day was not sad so much as a painful. But I thought the brief Tommy Gun ride was fun and Kordell did have his moments.
That was one of mine too. I remember watching the game.

Seau suicide

Seau going to Miami

Tomlinson going to NYJ
This.
The Seau suicide was really a downer.

I think him playing with the Pats hurt much more than when he went to Miami. Similarly with Rodney Harrison - so stupid to let him go.

Tomlinson going to the Jets didn't really bother me, we all knew he was pretty much done.

The way the whole Shawne Merriman thing deteriorated sucked as a Charger fan too.

Was pretty bumbed when John Jefferson went to the Packers.
worst on the field was Marlon Mcree vs the pats in the playoffs. Just take a knee with that INT on 4th down and the game is likely over

Nate Kaeding vs the Jets missing 4 fgs.

the Freezer bowl in Cincinnati, SD should of been in that Superbowl vs SF. the week before vs Miami took everything out of that team.

Randall Cunningham's '91 season opening/ending knee injury that cost him the year. He was the reigning Offensive Player of the Year and the '91 Eagles Bud Carson led defense was one of 5 teams ever to rank #1 vs the run and pass. Some say, and myself included, that next to the Bears' '85 defense it was the best I ever saw. Kotite was a lousy coach but a clueless Switzer led a lesser team to a championship. A beaten Jim McMahon, Jeff Kemp, and Brad Goebel at QB led the Eagles to non playoff 10-6. What could have been. :sadbanana:

I challenge any franchise in any sport to come up with comparable subsequent losses:

'91 Randall Cunningham injury

'92 Jerome Brown death

'93 Reggie White/Keith Jackson Free Agency
Growing up in Seattle I was a diehard Iggles fan (there wasnt an NFL team in Seattle until i was 9),

All of the things you list affected me for sure and my beloved Iggles. Very hard to top...However, I think I have somewhat close:

'87 Kenny Easley forced to retire

'88 Ken Behring buys team from John Nordstrom (original owner), ya Behring, the guy who tried to then move us to L.A.!!

'89 Boz forced to retire

I grew up with Scott Norwood and sad/bummed is a pretty accurate description of the feeling when he missed that field goal. I know Bills fans were so disappointed, but my connection to Scott just made me feel so bad for him and his family.

Bo. What a ridiculous athlete.

Sam Presti trading James Harden and ruining maybe my favorite team ever.

Dan Marino and the Dolphins losing at home to Patriots, robbing us of a Super Bowl XX rematch of the only team to beat the vaunted 85 Bears.

I'm sure watching Andre Johnson play for the miserable Colts will make me want to puke next season.

Don Rogers. Guy was a beast. Have always believed "The Drive" and "The Fumble" never would have happened had he been in there.

Bo

Barry Sanders retiring early

Peyton's goodbye presser to Colts fans

Sean Taylor

Tillman

Reggie White

Lots of tough ones.

Not football, but Kirby Puckett and that big old smile who had to retire after suddenly after losing sight in one eye. And then the bad stuff that came out later. He epitomized a kid that just loved playing the game, and was so fun to watch. RIP Puck.

Tom Brady. Went from great blue collar player and Cinderella man to cheater who will always be tainted.
:goodposting:

Conspiring to deflate footballs so he could throw the ball easier is one thing, but I'll forever have the image of him bumbling through his lies at his press conference burned into my memory.

A little obscure, but it was Jeremy Bridges. He was a random free agent Offensive Line pickup for the Panthers about 10 years ago. He was fun loving, seemed like a genuinly nice guy. He did a ton of good for the community.

Then, he was arrested for assaulting his wife. Broke my heart.

Another one was Steve Smith . When he was cut from the Panthers and things started to get nasty between the two sides, it really made me sad. I'm sure those wounds will be healed over time though.

Yes I remember this game very well though I was elated to see Bradshaw in at the time, even if it was only for the first half it was glorious.

For me, following New England teams these guys made me sad:

Darrell Stingley - totally unnecessary tragedy

Bobby Orr - IMO still the GOAT, but a way too short career

Tony Conigliaro - if not for a bean ball...

Users who are viewing this thread