What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Most bummed/sad you ever were over a NFL player you liked? (1 Viewer)

Barry for me, just when I was young to start getting into football like crazy he retires early, the smart move looking back as his legacy remained strong, just selfish on my part wishing to see more.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/2016/04/30/chargers-doctor-david-chao-accused-gros-engligence-treatment-junior-seau/83777186/

"The accusation essentially is about record keeping issues," Frank said. "According to medical experts who have thoroughly reviewed the facts surrounding Seau's death, it is preposterous to think that a typical low dose prescription for Ambien caused Seau's death,  which was carefully investigated by the  coroner's office and determined to be unrelated to Ambien overdose or use. Dr. Chao and Seau were the best of friends.  He never would have risked harming the best man in his wedding by providing Seau with anything but  the best of care, as he had throughout his NFL career."

Any sport? Magic and HIV.

NFL would be Junior Seau.
Magic Johnson was the most dramatic/shocking given the time and context...  Bo was tragic on a different level. 

So many to choose from... but I'd say Darryl Stingley who was paralyzed on the field...   Nick Buoniconti had a son paralyzed too at the collegiate level.

Magic and Bo for me.  With Magic, I was at a new job for a couple week when I heard the news. I wasn't concerned if I lost my job or not, I went home early that day.  I still have the unopened LATimes from the next morning

Kenny Easley. When Seattle attempted to trade him and his failing kidneys to Arizona I was shocked. Shortly after that his awesome career was over. He went from HOF track to done suddenly. 

Ricky Williams leaving the Dolphins to smoke pot.

Csonka, Morris and Kiick leaving the Dolphins for the WFL, breaking up one of the greatest NFL dynasties.

Magic and Bo for me.  With Magic, I was at a new job for a couple week when I heard the news. I wasn't concerned if I lost my job or not, I went home early that day.  I still have the unopened LATimes from the next morning
Uh......... Really?

Magic was supposed to be dead by now. I mean at the time, Aids was a scary highly reported issue and a death sentence. I was sad he was going to die. It's not in the paper or on the news every day now. It's a different time.

Len Bias was shocking. Sometimes I wonder if Gordon, Pacman, onterrio, justin blackmon etc ever heard his story. If it would have had a scared straight effect to bring some Bias relative to speak to young athletes.

I didn't notice Reggie Lewis and Hank Gathers mentioned. Dying on the court, while everyone is watching...I'm glad I missed those games. 

Users who are viewing this thread