What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Munich/Paris/Amsterdam... tips/thoughts? (1 Viewer)

An alternative in Munich is to go to Dachau, which although a sobering experience is not too graphic as I recall. Mind you I have not been in almost 30 years so it may have changed.
I visited Dachau when I was in Munich years ago, and I didn't think it was too graphic. It was a haunting experience, but also an educational one.

The Thalys is nice. Best if you buy upgrade to first class obviously. It can be a bit of a mess at the station at CDG.at least it was when I was using the Paris- Antwerp run relatively frequently about ten years ago
I'm flying into CDG from Munich and will have to do battle with taking the RER-B from there to Chatelet/Les Halles at rush hour with luggage, which ought to be fun. Thalys to Amsterdam runs from Gare du Nord to Amsterdam Centraal.
That sucks. The only thing you can be sure of is unless you land in the middle of the night, the train will be faster than a taxi...

Do you mind spending €45 and taking an Uber in Paris? It's a flat rate to/from CDG.

Last edited by a moderator:
Do you mind spending 45 and taking an Uber in Paris? It's a flat rate to/from CDG.
No, and I'd certainly consider it, but we land at 5:30 PM local and from what I've read, I may be sitting in traffic for a long time. Tough call as to whether or not that's worse than having to traverse the world's busiest subway station with a suitcase and then have to try to find an address on foot.

Do you mind spending 45 and taking an Uber in Paris? It's a flat rate to/from CDG.
No, and I'd certainly consider it, but we land at 5:30 PM local and from what I've read, I may be sitting in traffic for a long time. Tough call as to whether or not that's worse than having to traverse the world's busiest subway station with a suitcase and then have to try to find an address on foot.
Yeah, we landed @ 8am on a Friday and sat in their morning commute traffic. It was nice just sitting in the back of a Puegot with 6 bottles of water waiting for us. :thumbup:

If you haven't already gotten suitcases with four wheels, start looking. So much easier!

If you haven't already gotten suitcases with four wheels, start looking. So much easier!
We're traveling pretty light considering we're going to be gone 12 days. One small wheeled bag each (just small enough to carry on) and a low profile laptop backpack for me. Hence, my renting a place with a washer/dryer in Paris so we can do a load of laundry overnight and re-wear the clothes from the first half of the trip. Thus, we only have to pack for 6 days. There was no way I was dealing with lugging /checking big suitcases onto multiple flights/trains, etc.

Yeah, we landed @ 8am on a Friday and sat in their morning commute traffic. It was nice just sitting in the back of a Puegot with 6 bottles of water waiting for us. :thumbup:
Maybe this is the way to go.

How long did it take you to get downtown from CDG? I ask only because the guy from whom we're renting the flat on AirBNB is expecting us at a certain time (I told him we were landing at CDG at 5:30 and taking the RER) so I don't want to leave the dude with his thumb up his ### for hours so I'd have to give him a heads-up with a new arrival time if an Uber was going to add 30-60 minutes to the journey.

How long did it take you to get downtown from CDG? I ask only because the guy from whom we're renting the flat on AirBNB is expecting us at a certain time (I told him we were landing at CDG at 5:30 and taking the RER) so I don't want to leave the dude with his thumb up his ### for hours so I'd have to give him a heads-up with a new arrival time if an Uber was going to add 30-60 minutes to the journey.
Just checked my receipt. Looks like an hour exactly.

Just checked my receipt. Looks like an hour exactly.
That's not bad, it's going to take me nearly that long by train. I think I may have switched over to Uber.

Users who are viewing this thread