What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Muslim chaplain claims discrimination on United flight (1 Viewer)

FWIW, I see no reason not to believe her story at this time. The statement from United tells me that something certainly did happen.
Yeah it tells you the story was all over social media. And that's about it.
Oh, you corporate defense attorneys.
It's true. :shrug: The mere fact of a speeding fire truck only tells us at most that someone called the fire department, but doesn't establish a fire.
Yeah, but when a person is telling a news crew "I called the fire department because there was a fire" and the fire department sent a truck, you start to have that whole "prima facia case" thing we all love to talk about.
If only people never called in pranks and other false alarms.
It happens a lot more than you think.

Last edited:
I remembered something that has some relevance to this from my own past experiences.

I remember pre-9/11 going on a long flight. I had asked for a couple of cans of Ginger Ale so I would'nt have to keep asking. They happily gave them to me. That was Delta.

Post 9/11 I was on another flight and thought I would do the same thing. I was told they could only give me one can and opened it for me. I never thought much about it, I just thought that they couldn't because of cost control rules or whatever else. This was on American.

I never really asked again. :shrug:

wouldnt a can be more dangerous ripped into a bunch of sharp edges and points? if youre going to have them on the plane at all, seems like that would be the only threat. unless the concern is not of harm being done, but more of the disturbance of a shaken up can thrown against a wall or something like that. in which case the muslim angle is even more absurd. otherwise, what danger is a closed coke can?

Last edited by a moderator:
I guess it's also possible that the other passenger was being sarcastic. And totally on her side. "Oh, you know why she had to open yours. Because you're a Muslim. And you know you'll use it as a Weapon... you Muslim!" Probably laughed to himself about how clever he was all flight long.

I am fairly skeptical of this. From what I can see there the entire thing is what the Muslim woman says happened. This is on a plane so obviously there would have been multiple witnesses of at least the guy turning around and yelling at her. Has anyone commented about it? Anyone else post anything on social media? I mean, that would be something I would expect a number of people to post about.

Here is the thing. Racism and prejudice absolutely do exist. But not everything that happens to someone of a minority group is because of that. Yet, if you end up with a victim mentality that everything is about racism then guess what happens? You see it in every circumstance.

A perfect example of this. A colleague of mine in the same position and the same location. On customer service surveys if we do not get all "5" ratings (top rating) on all ratings then we fail. It is not easy. Both of us whom are in the top 5% within our company would end up talking about the surveys that we fell short on. For me, I looked at various circumstances like we work in an affluent market which tends to have higher standards on customer service and not overly generous in giving all 5's. For him? It was because he was black. No other reason. Great guy and we are on that fence of work friends/real friends but if something bad happens- it is because he is black. A customer does not like him? Because he is black. A customer does not buy a product from him? Because he is black. A customer yells at him? Because he is black.

On top of that, you have the people who use the racism card as a weapon. In my industry, I have been the victim of this on so many occasions, I can not begin to have an idea of how many times. From somewhat veiled remarks to outright accusations. When you have this happen to you and you know the situation has absolutely nothing to do with race, you become skeptical in all other instances.

Finally, we are getting bombarded with the leftist narrative about race. Most recently in the form of police use of force. When you have situations that all people know is that the police officer is white and the person who died is black and then they are off to the racism races, it gets tiring and again, you start to wonder about even the genuine times there was racism because the law of averages say that it is not all racism.

Now I am generally skeptical of most anything these days when it comes to some form of political/social narrative, whether it is from the right or the left perspective. It is like how I refuse to open up anything in my facebook feed that says "Blah blah blah and what happens next left me in tears" Or "Blah blah blach and you wont believe what they did" or whatever other form because it is all stuff pumped up to get your attention. Whether it is some stupid thing on facebook or some political/social narrative, the more outrageous the more likely it is that it is either a lie, half truth or being presented in the extreme. That is kind of how I see this.
Great post Chad. Couldn't have said it better myself. It's very difficult to break out of a victim mentality. I do a lot of work with recovering drug addicts and the ones who are most successful are the ones who refuse to even look at how they were victimized, but instead focus of their own responsibility and their own actions, both in the past and going forward.
I see.

So this very accomplished woman is not only a liar, but no different from a drug addict, and instead of complaining about this she needs to "focus on her own responsibility."

I can't believe some of the things I read in this forum. I really can't.
Being skeptical and calling someone a liar would not be the exact same thing. No?

If this happened you are in a confined space with lots of people all around and this scenario would be very noticable. There should be third party witnesses and if no one can find any then I am more skeptical than apt to believe. And even that does not mean I am calling her a liar. A scenario like this could go down and it being a lot less dramatic and/or void of racism and it seem like more to the woman. Or she could embellish the story for a number of reasons.

wouldnt a can be more dangerous ripped into a bunch of sharp edges and points? if youre going to have them on the plane at all, seems like that would be the only threat. unless the concern is not of harm being done, but more of the disturbance of a shaken up can thrown against a wall or something like that. in which case the muslim angle is even more absurd. otherwise, what danger is a closed coke can?
Don't try and make any sense of the TSA rules. Most of them when you break them down are like locking a screen door.

This open can vs non open can nonsense was obviously over looked by many of the stewardesses, although I always remembered getting an open can even when I bought a beer, but didn't really pay attention.

The stewardess was more than likely being cranky and not a white supremacist.

not everybody runs to the internet to talk about things they saw on a plane. some people even dont have twitter accounts and avoid the internet for anything other than work, checking stock quotes, and stomping 12 year olds in Halo.

What's the hygiene issue in a can of Coke opened for you right before you drink it? You don't put your lips on the part of the tab that the other person touches, do you? They don't touch the part that goes into the can when they open it, do they?
:lmao:

Stewardess was stereotyping the white guy as a lush. She knew he couldn't wait long enough to crack into the sudsy goodness to use it as a weapon.

http://www.frontpagemag.com/2015/dgreenfield/tahera-ahmad-muslim-diet-coke-whiner-tried-to-censor-ayaan-hirsi-ali/

If you read the news, then you already know that the greatest tragedy of the decade was the unfathomably sad story of Tahera Ahmad, a Muslim activist who wanted an unopened Diet Coke, but didnt get one.

Why? According to her, its Islamophobia. Either that or aliens.

Meanwhile Tahera Ahmad was pushing a boycott of Ayaan Hirsi Ali by retweeting a call that she not be honored at Brandeis.

Ali is a woman who genuinely suffered and overcame more serious challenges than a lack of Diet Coke on a plane.

Here are some of the challenges that Ayaan Hirsi Ali and Tahera Ahmad overcame in their lives.

Ayaan Hirsi Ali was subjected to female genital mutilation

Tahera Ahmad didnt get a diet coke on a plane

Ayaan Hirsi Ali realized that the religion she had been raised in preached violence and oppression leading her to transform her understanding of her life

Ayaan Hirsi Ali faced multiple death threats

And yet you just know that a few months from now Tahera Ahmad will be invited to the White House, shell receive an honorary degree that was denied to Ayaan Hirsi Ali and a golden ticket from United Airlines. And maybe a lifetime supply of Diet Coke.

This is what Muslim Privilege looks like. Tahera Ahmad reminds us of the levels of entitlement accorded to Muslim women while those women who choose to reject its teachings are terrorized, threatened and murdered.

And when they arent, the left treats them like unwanted garbage while celebrating the martyrdom of Tahera Ahmad and her Diet Coke.

United airlines is the worst.
i dunno seems like if this boycott happens they will be the safest airline to fly.
you fit in nicely with your friends.
i dunno seems like if this boycott happens they will be the safest airline to fly.
You're definitely naive. The majority of people I know feel this way and would say this.
Shocking.
lmfao its a joke numbskulls. I think the people who feel this way are absolute morons including my friends.

not everybody runs to the internet to talk about things they saw on a plane. some people even dont have twitter accounts and avoid the internet for anything other than work, checking stock quotes, and stomping 12 year olds in Halo.
True.... but we are talking about a good number of people who must have at least heard the rampaging "SHUT UP YOU MUSLIM!" guy on a plane. That would easily get some sort of social media response. It should not be too hard for a credible news agency to find someone not associated with the airline to say what they saw and/or heard.

you fit in nicely with your friends.
You're definitely naive. The majority of people I know feel this way and would say this.
Shocking.
lmfao its a joke numbskulls. I think the people who feel this way are absolute morons including my friends.
I laughed

aomething ironic about Muslims being worried about discrimination.
So they should accept any perceived discrimination against them in this country because Muslims elsewhere practice it? Can't complain about hate crimes, violence against them or attacks on Mosques because the actions of others of their religion that they do not share? Vintage jon_mx logic (and I am not backing the Muslim Chaplin here as I don't know all the facts).

http://www.frontpagemag.com/2015/dgreenfield/tahera-ahmad-muslim-diet-coke-whiner-tried-to-censor-ayaan-hirsi-ali/

If you read the news, then you already know that the greatest tragedy of the decade was the unfathomably sad story of Tahera Ahmad, a Muslim activist who wanted an unopened Diet Coke, but didnt get one.

Why? According to her, its Islamophobia. Either that or aliens.

Meanwhile Tahera Ahmad was pushing a boycott of Ayaan Hirsi Ali by retweeting a call that she not be honored at Brandeis.

Ali is a woman who genuinely suffered and overcame more serious challenges than a lack of Diet Coke on a plane.

Here are some of the challenges that Ayaan Hirsi Ali and Tahera Ahmad overcame in their lives.

Ayaan Hirsi Ali was subjected to female genital mutilation

Ayaan Hirsi Ali realized that the religion she had been raised in preached violence and oppression leading her to transform her understanding of her life

Ayaan Hirsi Ali faced multiple death threats

And yet you just know that a few months from now Tahera Ahmad will be invited to the White House, shell receive an honorary degree that was denied to Ayaan Hirsi Ali and a golden ticket from United Airlines. And maybe a lifetime supply of Diet Coke.

This is what Muslim Privilege looks like. Tahera Ahmad reminds us of the levels of entitlement accorded to Muslim women while those women who choose to reject its teachings are terrorized, threatened and murdered.

And when they arent, the left treats them like unwanted garbage while celebrating the martyrdom of Tahera Ahmad and her Diet Coke.
She hates those cans too.

I've made up my mind on this issue.

i'm more inclined to believe this version than the other, honestly.
Me too, but there are news outlets that would like to hear a contradictory story. One guy even claimed no one was interested in hearing his report. Really?

It's weird that they haven't been able to get any statements from any passengers on that flight.
Informing the world that the stories the media report are BS is not news.
I just find it weird that there's nothing from any other passenger, either confirming or contradicting the story. Come to think of it, I've never been on a United Airlines flight. It's like the entire thing is made up.

It's weird that they haven't been able to get any statements from any passengers on that flight.
Informing the world that the stories the media report are BS is not news.
I just find it weird that there's nothing from any other passenger, either confirming or contradicting the story. Come to think of it, I've never been on a United Airlines flight. It's like the entire thing is made up.
hmmm

If you cant trust "comeflywithme33" with 6 posts on an internet forum who can you trust?
maybe "Comeflywithme33" was an alias account? he/she was getting a timeout for posting something in the "hottest flight attendants" thread maybe?

Users who are viewing this thread