What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

must cut one ..... (1 Viewer)

kellumsboys

Footballguy
I just made a trade to add Cornelius Griffin (DT), but I must cut someone to make room for him.I will start 3 DL, 3 LB, 5 DBin this league LBs score low because tackles are 1 point for LB and 2 points for DB & DLPLUS, before the season starts I will have to make salary cap room for my 4 rookies.I can put up to 5 on IR who won't count against the cap, so I will probably cut less than 4 later.*** who should I cut now ?and who is on the bubble for the september cuts ?***Castillo, Luis SDC DT Walker, Darwin PHI DT :( Brayton, Tyler OAK DE :angry: Kerney, Patrick ATL DESmith, Will NOS DE Spears, Marcus DAL DE Ayodele, Akinola JAC LB :X Beisel, Monty NEP LB :X Bruschi, Tedy NEP LB (probably IR)Crowder, Channing MIA LB Diggs, Na'il GBP LB :confused: Green, Barrett NYG LB :confused: Lang, Kenard CLE LB Smith, Travian OAK LB Vilma, Jonathan NYJ LB Vrabel, Mike NEP LB Coleman, Marcus HOU CB :X Herndon, Kelly SEA CB :X Archuleta, Adam STL S Collins, Nick GBP S Crocker, Chris CLE S :boxing: Jones, Tebucky MIA S Minter, Mike CAR S Roman, Mark GBP S Schweigert, Stuart OAK SBrown, Mike CHI S Jones, Sean CLE S thanks :)

In order of crapiness:1. Kelly Herndon: Very little chance of unseating Andre Dyson for the role opposite Marcus Trufant. Nickle CB's obviously do not score well. Unfortunately for the Hawks, he's easily one of the top-paid #3 CB's in the NFL.2. Chris Crocker: The signing of Brian Russell and the drafting of Brodney Pool has destroyed the little value that Crocker possessed after the '04 value. I cannot imagine him ever leap-frogging either Pool or Sean Jones.3. Mark Roman: The Pack is not happy with his play. Roman still could sneak into the starting lineup, but he has a proven track-record of not scoring well...even as a starter. 4. Na'il Diggs: The guy was an average FF LBer as the Packs' WLB for the past few seasons. With the arrival of Ray Thompson, Diggs will be moved to the unproductive SLB spot. He'll be a starter...he just will not score well.5. Monty Beisel: With Bruschi most likely done, there is chatter than Beisel will be NE's "savior". I just don't see it happening. Beisel is fine-and-dandy for special team and situational play, but the guy is not an every-week starter...especially a World Champ team. If Beisel rarely started for the pitiful KC D, what miracle would need to be achieved to start for the Pats!!??6. Teddy Bruschi: It's sad to say, but...at age 32 and recovering from a stroke (albeit mild)...I just can't see him being a solid LB ever again. Over the past few seasons, Bruschi would rarely leave the field. Now...I couldn't imagine seeing the guy gasp for air and not being removed from the game.7. Barrett Green: Green (if healthy) will start for the Giants in '05. Green is still recovering from last year's knee injury and has been somewhat unproductive even when healthy. He would be ranked higher on my "crapiness" list, but I still think he could become Ian Gold part II.

thanks guysCrocker was on the top of my list of cuts, with Hearndon close behind.I really had not considered Roman (yet), but that is the main reason I drafted Collins, who could be a replacement.with K. Lang now being listed as a LB, I am LB heavy since I only will start 3.so Diggs , Green and Beisel will be considered later.it is funny that RAPTURE lists Walker to cut , but he is not even on Weiner Dog's list.I had considered him, but my depth at DL is not as good because of Lang.also, there are still a few undrafted rookies I am considering.justin millerbryant mcfaddenkerry rhodesronald bartellbrandon brownereric greenjustin beriaultstanley wilsonjerome butlerdarrent williamsvincent fullermarviel underwoodrobert mccunejordan beckboomer grigsbyeric moorechris cantybill swancuttwould any of these offer more value now than what I have ?thanks again :banned:

it is funny that RAPTURE lists Walker to cut , but he is not even on Weiner Dog's list.

I had considered him, but my depth at DL is not as good because of Lang.
If my list would have gone 10-wide, Walker would have been included. I ommitted him (for now) since Corey Simon could be a hold-out. Given the weakness of your DL, I'd hang onto him for a tad while longer.

would any of these offer more value now than what I have ?
If you're a patient man, Chris Canty should be a player in the next 2-3 years. The guy had 1st-round ability, but fell to the mid-rounds b/c of injury concerns. Even though Marcus Spears will be a staple on the Boys line for the foreseeable future, the same cannot be said for Greg Ellis. If Ellis is cut/traded next year, Canty could step into the starting lineup.BTW, how many points do you receive for sacks?? You listed 2 pts/tackle for DL's, but may no mention of the "big play" scoring.

thanks guys

Crocker was on the top of my list of cuts, with Hearndon close behind.

I really had not considered Roman (yet), but that is the main reason I drafted Collins, who could be a replacement.

with K. Lang now being listed as a LB, I am LB heavy since I only will start 3.

so Diggs , Green and Beisel will be considered later.

it is funny that RAPTURE lists Walker to cut , but he is not even on Weiner Dog's list.

I had considered him, but my depth at DL is not as good because of Lang.

also, there are still a few undrafted rookies I am considering.

justin miller

bryant mcfadden

kerry rhodes

ronald bartell

brandon browner

eric green

justin beriault

stanley wilson

jerome butler

darrent williams

vincent fuller

marviel underwood

robert mccune

jordan beck

boomer grigsby

eric moore

chris canty

bill swancutt

thanks again :banned:
I think McCune is someone you would like to have if you can hang on to him for a year or two and check out the NYJ Safety thread here in the IDP forum for information on Rhodes and Maddox .

If you're a patient man, Chris Canty should be a player in the next 2-3 years. The guy had 1st-round ability, but fell to the mid-rounds b/c of injury concerns. Even though Marcus Spears will be a staple on the Boys line for the foreseeable future, the same cannot be said for Greg Ellis. If Ellis is cut/traded next year, Canty could step into the starting lineup.BTW, how many points do you receive for sacks?? You listed 2 pts/tackle for DL's, but may no mention of the "big play" scoring.
being a Cowboy fan, Canty is on my radar.thanks

scoring is :

DL

tackles 2

sacks 5

pass defensed 3

fumbles 2

LB

tackles 1

sacks 3

P.D. 2

fumbles 2