What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

My 11yo son still believes in Santa Claus and the Easter Bunny (1 Viewer)

Unfortunately my 15 yr old ruined it for my 10 yr old this year, so I no longer have kids young enough for Santa.  :(   Wife is still going to wrap a couple presents for them from Santa, but it is all a fake anymore.  

Our great denouement came last year. The youngest had been playing along for awhile and we weren't sure where she was at, so we continued to play along too. We'd been doing the whole Elf on the Shelf thing, yadada. She slipped up and then we knew it was over. So we decided that the Elf was going in her stocking... so she had to touch it and "kill" him. The look on her face when she realized what she had done was hilarious. It was the funniest Christmas day ever. The unwrapping stopped and the jokes/stories all came flooding out. Tales of late nights, snooping , when they put two and two together, who got caught the whole bit. I am chuckling a little bit just remembering.

We are still doing the traditional stuff and the eldest daughter is moving the elf now.  But everythings done with a wink and nod now. Its even more fun I think. But the schitck will be flying this year! 

kentric said:
Reminds me of one year near Easter time where my oldest (then about 6-7) and I were outside with our dog (Jessie) raking leaves.  While raking I hear a squeek.  I rake the same spot and hear another squeek so I dig up the leaves and there are four little bunny rabbits.  When I uncovered them they all ran away.  Three of them went to the hedges where I saw them but we couldn't find the fourth.  A few minutes later, we find the fourth little bunny between our dogs legs.  Not bloody, but dead as a doornail (always love to use that term).  My daughter then yells out, "JESSIE KILLED THE EASTER BUNNY."   It was all I could do to hold back the laughter.
Hope you told her a FBG with a law mower ran him down.

My 6 year old figured it out.  First he figured out the easter bunny, then immediately went to Santa.  Took him a good 3 or 4 months to realize the tooth fairy wasn't real though.

Also want to point out what my parents did for me when I found out Santa wasn't real.  I was appointed the new "Santa" and after my younger siblings went to sleep my parents got me out of bed to come put presents under the tree and eat cookies.  When my younger brother found out, I passed the torch on to him.  I was told I still got presents from Santa as long as my brother and sister believed.  That kept my mouth shut.

Also god isn't real, stop lying to people. He's a make believe being that you tell yourself to feel better about the fact that you having eternal nothingness waiting for you when you die. Your life is meaningless and nothing you do matters.

We've raised our 4 year old to know that Santa and all the others aren't real. The reactions from older people who ask her if she's excited to see what Santa brings her for Christmas where she explains he's not real has totally outweighed the fun we would have had pretending otherwise is totally worth it. We don't really do Christmas the normal way though either so there's that.

I don't recall the age I stumbled upon a number of gifts in my parents room.  They explained that they sat me down and had a heartfelt discussion sharing why they provided them for 'Santa' for so many years and what it meant to them.  I am told that at the end when they asked if I had any questions, I looked up with innocent eyes and said "so I still get to keep these, right?"

:bag:

Users who are viewing this thread