What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

My Morning Jacket (4 Viewers)

Not currently planning to.
For what it’s worth I saw Jim play a few months back. One of the worst shows I ever saw. He tries to compensate for awful songs with his big voice, wasn’t working. This from someone who is a huge MMJ fan 

For what it’s worth I saw Jim play a few months back. One of the worst shows I ever saw. He tries to compensate for awful songs with his big voice, wasn’t working. This from someone who is a huge MMJ fan 
Agree 100%

I went to ACL and didn't even bother with his aftershow thing because :yawn:

:wub:

Thanks for posting.  Over the weekend, I stumbled upon Carl covering one of my favorite Beck songs - The Golden Age.  Must have listened to that song a thousand times when I was going through my divorce.  Never heard it covered before.  Pure magic.
I would need much better recording quality to listen to that 1000 times.  Great song, love the cover, but quality is :yuck:

His Fall acoustic run or with his backing band?  I didn't see that latter and think you're referring to that. 

Jim just announced a short tour with the Lennon-Lespool Delirium.

That might get me to go to another Jim solo show.

as an aside, anyone going to Forest Hills or Red Rocks shows this summer? It’s been just under 365 days since I got my last fix. I’m not missing either.

Last edited by a moderator:
His Fall acoustic run or with his backing band?  I didn't see that latter and think you're referring to that. 
Has to be the Clarity / Distortion tour from the fall. While Kevin Ratterman supported that one, I don’t think he’s done a full band tour since the previous album (which was a pretty good show).

Has to be the Clarity / Distortion tour from the fall. While Kevin Ratterman supported that one, I don’t think he’s done a full band tour since the previous album (which was a pretty good show).
Yes, I saw 2 Regions shows and liked them alot besides the fact they were almost duplicates of each other.  Regions is better than the new material too.

Still smiling from show last night in Queens, NY. Awesome outdoor venue, perfectly warm and breezy summer evening, and I couldn’t have constructed a setlist more to my liking myself than what we got. Steam Engine and Phone Went West back to back to close the main set, and Touch Me parts 1 & 2 back to back in the encore were the highlights. My Lord...happiest couple of hours I’ve enjoyed in a long time, unbridled glee, wish I could bottle it up. 

Still smiling from show last night in Queens, NY. Awesome outdoor venue, perfectly warm and breezy summer evening, and I couldn’t have constructed a setlist more to my liking myself than what we got. Steam Engine and Phone Went West back to back to close the main set, and Touch Me parts 1 & 2 back to back in the encore were the highlights. My Lord...happiest couple of hours I’ve enjoyed in a long time, unbridled glee, wish I could bottle it up. 
I did the Red Rocks run and it was perfect as well. Venue, weather, set lists, vibe was all great. I wasn't sure what to expect after the long hiatus, but they killed it both nights. Hoping they keep it going next year.

I did the Red Rocks run and it was perfect as well. Venue, weather, set lists, vibe was all great. I wasn't sure what to expect after the long hiatus, but they killed it both nights. Hoping they keep it going next year.
That must have been awesome. Forest Hills was kind of a consolation prize when timing for a Red Rocks trip didn't work out. I won't miss it if there is a next time.

Just noticed a new album on Google play.
MMJ is one of my favorite bands of the early aughts but I've really disliked every studio album since Z, an album that I love along with every album preceding it.

I fully expected to dislike this new one too but it's not bad. Nowhere near as good as their first 4 albums but far better than Waterfall 1.  Not sure why many of these 10 songs didn't make the first cut in 2015.

MMJ is one of my favorite bands of the early aughts but I've really disliked every studio album since Z, an album that I love along with every album preceding it.

I fully expected to dislike this new one too but it's not bad. Nowhere near as good as their first 4 albums but far better than Waterfall 1.  Not sure why many of these 10 songs didn't make the first cut in 2015.
Huh. I thought Waterfall 1 was their best studio album since It Still Moves. 

Waterfall II is a grower. I was kinda like meh on first listen but it sticks.

Feel You is going to be really fun live. Kinda has a Steam Engine vibe to it.

JerseyToughGuys said:
Run it 

Another good one that in a different age could have gotten radio play
I was thinking the same thing about a few of the songs.  I said to myself the second one (still thinking) could have been a Beatles song half a century ago.

10/4/03  Zephyr Club, SLC

This is still one of the best shows I've seen.  Small but packed venue with a crowd that was just really into it that night and the band picked up on it.  It was one of those special concert moments.

It was so good that I decided to road-trip to see their next show in SF a few days later and, while it was still good, it had nowhere near that SLC show energy.

Mahgeetah

Dancefloors

Heartbreakin Man

Master Plan

How Do You Know

How Could I Know

Just One Thing

Golden

Rollin Back

Come Closer

The Dark

Lowdown

O Is the One That Is Real

Run Thru

Phone Went West

Encore:

I Will Sing You Songs

They Ran

The Way That He Sings

Steam Engine

Cobra (15 minutes long, nearly 3/4)

One Big Holiday

This is still one of the best shows I've seen.  Small but packed venue with a crowd that was just really into it that night and the band picked up on it.  It was one of those special concert moments.

It was so good that I decided to road-trip to see their next show in SF a few days later and, while it was still good, it had nowhere near that SLC show energy.

Mahgeetah

Dancefloors

Heartbreakin Man

Master Plan

How Do You Know

How Could I Know

Just One Thing

Golden

Rollin Back

Come Closer

The Dark

Lowdown

Run Thru

Phone Went West

Encore:

I Will Sing You Songs

They Ran

The Way That He Sings

Steam Engine

One Big Holiday

https://open.spotify.com/playlist/27DJva6lHaROTOmJQu44L9?si=g3FGr77uSr-53NN8Yw8l7g
Damn, the Zephyr Club was really tiny. I saw the band Banyan there in 2000 when I was in town for the Olympics. Would of been an amazing venue to see MMJ.

Rocket Man

these guys are by far my favorite live show, them and gov't mule.    I like what i'm hearing from nathaniel Ratelliff but haven't seen him yet.    

Mahgeetah

Dancefloors

Heartbreakin Man

Master Plan

How Do You Know

How Could I Know

Just One Thing

Golden

Rollin Back

Come Closer

The Dark

Lowdown

Run Thru

Phone Went West

Encore:

I Will Sing You Songs

They Ran

The Way That He Sings

Steam Engine

One Big Holiday
Nice set list! 

I saw them at the Avalon in Boston in 05 for the Z tour. If you like Z (I love it) set list was amazing. They were amazing, one of the best shows I’ve seen. 

01. Wordless Chorus 
02. It Beats For You 
03. Gideon 
04. One Big Holliday 
05. O Is The One That Is Real 
06. The Way That He Sings 
07. Golden 
08. What A Wonderful Man 
09. Off The Record 
10. Lay Low 
11. Don Dante 
12. Run Thru