What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

My team (1 Viewer)

Raylove

Footballguy
I apologize if this is the wrong forum, but I didn't see an assistant coach like the football forum.

10 team pretty standard scoring H2H league w/ tight rosters. Mostly noobs to fantasy baseball but no one (imo) bombed their draft. I drafted in the 5th spot and despite usually waiting on OF because of the depth of the position, I drafted 3 in the first 5 rounds and my utility (4th) by rd 8. I couldn't resist the talent.

batters- 1 pt per base, 1 pt per run & rbi, 2 pts per SB, -1 per Ks.

pitching- 10 per win, -5 per loss, 4 pts per save, -2 per blown save, 2 pts per hold, 1 pt per K & Inning, -1 per ERs, and moderate bonuses for complete game, no hitter, shutouts, and perfect games.

C- X still need one, see question below.

1B- B.Butler (11)

2B- M.Prado (12)

SS- H.Ramirez (1)

3B- P.Alvarez (13)

OF- R.Braun (2)

OF- C.Crawford (3)

OF- M.Kemp (5)

utilty- J.Ellsbury (8)

bench- K.Morales (14), C.Utley (9) Placed on DL and added B.Zobrist, S.Castro (17)

SP- C.Kershaw (4)

SP- F.Liriano (6)

P- J.Weaver (7)

P- X can be any of my bench players below

RP- N.Feliz (10)

bench- (SPs) J.Danks (16), J.Chacin (18), B.Matusz (19), J.Zimmerman (20), OR (RP) JJ Putz (15).

How's my team look?

The way the draft unfolded, I decided I was OK with whomever was left of M.Montero or M.Weiters who were still available when only I and my B-I-L still needed a catcher. Then he screwed me by taking back to back catchers before I was able to grab the last. After that I decided to just wait...and wait...and wait on the position as I knew not too many teams were going to take a 2nd catcher because of the tight rosters. When Posada & K.Suzuki were drafted, I decided to just pick one off the wire after the draft.

Of the catchers remaining, I am debating between Y.Molina, C.Iannetta, & JP Arencibia but J.Buck, R.Doumit, & M.Olivio are also available. Any suggestions who to take and which player to drop?

After reviewing who is still out there, I noticed a few decent SPs- D.Hudson, J.Garcia, C.Lewis, H.Kuroda, CJ Wilson, T.Wood, & E,Volquez AND RP- J.Nathan.

Are any of these pitchers worth me dropping any of my pitchers for?

Thanks guys. I'm not new to the boards, but I am new to this forum. I already book marked the "closer-follower" websites. Much appreciation for that insight.

Last edited by a moderator:
10 team leagues are extremely shallow. there will always be good players on waivers. the key is to fill your bench w/ players that have the ability to be stars... hudson/volquez/nathan all have potential to be better than average. catro is getting a lot of hype, but he wont sniff your roster w/ hanley at short. other than that, your team looks outstanding. crawford in the 3rd?

Agree with Superawesome on the bench moves except for Zimmerman. Zimmerman's going to be one of those stars he's talking about. I'd be looking for an upgrade at 3rd base ASAP, Alvarez is going to kill you in this format

Agree with Superawesome on the bench moves except for Zimmerman. Zimmerman's going to be one of those stars he's talking about. I'd be looking for an upgrade at 3rd base ASAP, Alvarez is going to kill you in this format
really? thought he was coming off a surgery or something.. could be worng

He is coming off of surgery, but that surgery happened a long time ago. Think it was 2009. He was even pitching at the end of last year for a bit to help him get his feet wet again. The kid's going to be a beast.

thanks guys.

per ESPN

Spin: With Pittsburgh trying to dump his $5.1 million contract any way possible, Wednesday may not have been a great showcase to a potential suitor in Houston. The Astros are in the market for a catcher, but Doumit is doing little to boost his value. Pittsburgh really doesn't want anything to do with Doumit in 2011, if possible. GM Neal Huntington said he could serve as the team's top late-inning pinch-hitter. The questionable health of starter Chris Snyder may give Doumit and Jason Jaramillo opportunity to start behind the plate, but the organization is clearly looking to rid itself of Doumit.
still think Doumit is the better choice over the others catchers available?Limp, there's not much at 3rd base remaining- m.tejada, c.headley, d.freeze, j.peralta, e.encarcion. meh...

Crawford was taken 25th overall and the 5th OF taken behind Gonzales, Braun, Holliday, & Hamilton. A few SPs went earlier than I anticipated which pushed him (happily) back to me.

I appreciate the help. Sorry to keep harping...

I can possibly get Posada via trade. Is he the better start over Napoli?

He is coming off of surgery, but that surgery happened a long time ago. Think it was 2009. He was even pitching at the end of last year for a bit to help him get his feet wet again. The kid's going to be a beast.
He'll be a beast, but not in this format. They're still handling him with kid gloves, both because of the TJ surgery and because they know they're not going anywhere in 2011 no matter what and it's really all about 2012 and beyond. He'll be on an innings count- not one that should matter much in most formats, but in this format it means fewer innings of course, fewer Ks, a slightly reduced chance at Ws-although the Nats bullpen is deep and the offense should be slightly improved- and pretty much zero chance at any of those modest bonuses. And if I'm understanding correctly, there's no ratio categories here to make up for it.I love the guy to outperform draft position as much as any Nat not named Mike Morse. But he doesn't make sense in this format.

10 team leagues are extremely shallow. there will always be good players on waivers. the key is to fill your bench w/ players that have the ability to be stars... hudson/volquez/nathan all have potential to be better than average. catro is getting a lot of hype, but he wont sniff your roster w/ hanley at short. other than that, your team looks outstanding. crawford in the 3rd?
apparently EVERYONE in my league knew what they were doing.Team is 3-0 mostly due to Weaver, Kershaw & Kemp. If Crawford (benched) and H.Ramirez ever get it going, I'm going to be real tough to beat.

Users who are viewing this thread