What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

My top 10 rb's (1 Viewer)

Blackjacks

Footballguy
1. Peterson (1)

2. Lynch (3)

3. Gore (6)

4. Barber (2)

5. Portis (same)

6. Forte (8)

7. Westbrook (4)

8. LT (9)

9. Bush (7)

10. Turner (out of top ten) I still want to see him do something against a good team

Blackjacks said:
1. Peterson (1) 2. Lynch (3)3. Gore (6)4. Barber (2)5. Portis (same)6. Forte (8)7. Westbrook (4)8. LT (9)9. Bush (7)10. Turner (out of top ten) I still want to see him do something against a good team
A lot of gutsy calls on this one in my opinion. Kudos for that, but I think you are very wrong on a couple guys. I'd go something like this:1. Peterson, perhaps by a wide margin2. Gore, he's really looked good and that team should only get better3. LT, I guess I have a lot of faith in him, he usually gets hot in October/November4. Addai, Indy's o-line is healthy and Manning will be back to normal.5. Portis, so consistent6. Barber, only question is how many carries he gets.7. Turner, I get wanting to see him do it against a good team, but Atlanta doesn't face many.8. Westbrook, I'm assuming he's out this week, if healthy he moves ahead of Barber.9. Forte, I really worry about him hitting the wall soon, but he's pretty consistent right now.10. Lynch, really expected more from him this year, where are the yards?ETA: Honorable mention to Bush, CJ, LJ and Jackson.

Last edited by a moderator:
AnonymousBob said:
You would really draft Forte over LT, Turner, Westbrook and Bush?
I love how Forte is the focal part of their offense. He always gets his carries and catches. He has shown consistency over the first four weeks and I believe he will continue, especially when the yahve to run the ball in the winter in Chicago.LT has looked better the last two games but still doesn't look right. Turner, I've said many of times I'm concerned about him facing good defensesWesty...health. If I knew he was healthy he would definitely be higher.Bush...I have him and I love him but sometimes his inconsistency gets to me

Blackjacks said:
1. Peterson (1) 2. Lynch (3)3. Gore (6)4. Barber (2)5. Portis (same)6. Forte (8)7. Westbrook (4)8. LT (9)9. Bush (7)10. Turner (out of top ten) I still want to see him do something against a good team
A lot of gutsy calls on this one in my opinion. Kudos for that, but I think you are very wrong on a couple guys. I'd go something like this:1. Peterson, perhaps by a wide margin2. Gore, he's really looked good and that team should only get better3. LT, I guess I have a lot of faith in him, he usually gets hot in October/November4. Addai, Indy's o-line is healthy and Manning will be back to normal.5. Portis, so consistent6. Barber, only question is how many carries he gets.7. Turner, I get wanting to see him do it against a good team, but Atlanta doesn't face many.8. Westbrook, I'm assuming he's out this week, if healthy he moves ahead of Barber.9. Forte, I really worry about him hitting the wall soon, but he's pretty consistent right now.10. Lynch, really expected more from him this year, where are the yards?ETA: Honorable mention to Bush, CJ, LJ and Jackson.
So why do you have LT @ #3, Addai #4...What have they shown you (except for having big names) to warrant that spot?Not a bad list we just differ a little

AnonymousBob said:
TheFanatic said:
AnonymousBob said:
:rolleyes: :lmao:
I'm not sure what is so funny. If we're basing this off what they've done so far, then Bush has outscored Forte. If we're basing this off the players moving forward, I wouldn't wager much cash on Forte continuing to outscore those guys.
That's what I was laughing at. His reasoning on this is ridiculous.

So why do you have LT @ #3, Addai #4...What have they shown you (except for having big names) to warrant that spot?Not a bad list we just differ a little
I think they are both on great offenses, have good track records and have very good reasons as to why they aren't in the top-5 right now.Injuries to Addai's QB and o-line seem to not be a problem anymore and that was the big reason for his slow start. In LT's case it was injuries to himself, but he seems to be improving and SD has an easy schedule and he's never really been an early season guy anyway, maybe because he never plays in the preseason.

AnonymousBob said:
Where the heck is LBJ?
LJ has had two good weeks and two bad weeks. I didn't like him prior to the season and I still don't
Wrong LBJ, dude...
WTF is LBJ?
This is why I hate the nicknames, you need to follow the SP every day to keep up with monikers. LBJ = Light Blue Jesus = Chris Johnson = CJ (I think?)
WOW is that a serious nickname given by people here?

AnonymousBob said:
Where the heck is LBJ?
LJ has had two good weeks and two bad weeks. I didn't like him prior to the season and I still don't
Wrong LBJ, dude...
WTF is LBJ?
This is why I hate the nicknames, you need to follow the SP every day to keep up with monikers. LBJ = Light Blue Jesus = Chris Johnson = CJ (I think?)
WOW is that a serious nickname given by people here?
I hated the nickname at first but it's really grown on me. It's somewhat clever and it's better than yet another CJ. Light Blue Jesus has become the savior to the Titans running attack.

AnonymousBob said:
TheFanatic said:
AnonymousBob said:
:lmao: :lmao:
I'm not sure what is so funny. If we're basing this off what they've done so far, then Bush has outscored Forte. If we're basing this off the players moving forward, I wouldn't wager much cash on Forte continuing to outscore those guys.
Gotcha. I completely agree with you.With that said, I really hope Blackjacks doesn't stop doing these threads.

what is the scoring base on this also, PPR makes a big difference in rankings on this kind of thing

CJ3 will be in your top 5 before the year is out.
CJ3 would be on my do not draft list, I think he's the most overhyped player in football right now.
unless, you're :excited: I don't see how you can make that statement. JAX 15/93/6.2; 3/34/11.3/1@CIN 19/109/5.7/0; 2/12/6.0/0HOU 16/74/4.6/0; 2/5/2.5/0MIN 17/61/3.6/2; 3/14/4.7/0He's 7th in the NFL in rushing yards (337) and 2nd in the AFC (behind LJ).

Blackjacks said:
1. Peterson (1)

2. Lynch (3)

3. Gore (6)

4. Barber (2)

5. Portis (same)

6. Forte (8)

7. Westbrook (4)

8. LT (9)

9. Bush (7)

10. Turner (out of top ten) I still want to see him do something against a good team
A lot of gutsy calls on this one in my opinion. Kudos for that, but I think you are very wrong on a couple guys. I'd go something like this:1. Peterson, perhaps by a wide margin

2. Gore, he's really looked good and that team should only get better

3. LT, I guess I have a lot of faith in him, he usually gets hot in October/November

4. Addai, Indy's o-line is healthy and Manning will be back to normal.

5. Portis, so consistent

6. Barber, only question is how many carries he gets.

7. Turner, I get wanting to see him do it against a good team, but Atlanta doesn't face many.

8. Westbrook, I'm assuming he's out this week, if healthy he moves ahead of Barber.

9. Forte, I really worry about him hitting the wall soon, but he's pretty consistent right now.

10. Lynch, really expected more from him this year, where are the yards?

ETA: Honorable mention to Bush, CJ, LJ and Jackson.
I agree w/ your assessment of Lynch (I own him & Gore). Lycnh actually hasn't looked at all explosive this year; looks a little slow, BUT, he does run hard. Does that make sense? Week 4 at StL was a big disappointment, even though he did have two 20+ yd runs called back due to penalty. I'm not "worried" about Lynch, but I also do not see him as a top 5 guy; I see him as fringe top 10.

AnonymousBob said:
TheFanatic said:
AnonymousBob said:
Gotcha. I completely agree with you.With that said, I really hope Blackjacks doesn't stop doing these threads.
Thanks, I'll keep doing them. I don't expect everyone to agree with my view. I just hate when people make their statements off rankings instead of watching the games. If a player breaks off a 80 yard run and isn't touched and ends up with 20 carries for 105 and a td does that really make him better than a guy who looked great the whole game and moved the pile but never broke the big one for a long td and ended up with 15 carries for 75, so his stats don't look quite as good? I like to watch all the games I can and judge for myself instead of just where a player ranks. (Hence why I've kind of been down on Turner)

AnonymousBob said:
TheFanatic said:
AnonymousBob said:
Thanks, I'll keep doing them. I don't expect everyone to agree with my view. I just hate when people make their statements off rankings instead of watching the games. If a player breaks off a 80 yard run and isn't touched and ends up with 20 carries for 105 and a td does that really make him better than a guy who looked great the whole game and moved the pile but never broke the big one for a long td and ended up with 15 carries for 75, so his stats don't look quite as good? I like to watch all the games I can and judge for myself instead of just where a player ranks. (Hence why I've kind of been down on Turner)
I like them too despite my criticism.

AnonymousBob said:
AnonymousBob said:
TheFanatic said:
AnonymousBob said:
The best part is? I'm in a league with BJs. I play him this week. In that league we are both last in our conferences :bag:

Blackjacks said:
1. Peterson (1)2. Lynch (3)3. Gore (6)4. Barber (2)5. Portis (same)6. Forte (8)7. Westbrook (4)8. LT (9)9. Bush (7)10. Turner (out of top ten) I still want to see him do something against a good team
Are you going to make another list based off of week 10 stats too? Guarantee it looks different.

Blackjacks said:
1. Peterson (1)2. Lynch (3)3. Gore (6)4. Barber (2)5. Portis (same)6. Forte (8)7. Westbrook (4)8. LT (9)9. Bush (7)10. Turner (out of top ten) I still want to see him do something against a good team
Are you going to make another list based off of week 10 stats too? Guarantee it looks different.
Yes. I will update it every week.

AnonymousBob said:
AnonymousBob said:
TheFanatic said:
AnonymousBob said:
:blackdot: :mellow:
The best part is? I'm in a league with BJs. I play him this week. In that league we are both last in our conferences :lmao:
No, the best is we were both favorites to be in the playoffs this year and now we are in last place. Damn Tom Brady!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Blackjacks said:
nice list but your forgetting the #3 rusher in the NFL, Larry Johnson

And Marshawn Lynch should clearly be removed from top 10 consideration; 2 crappy weeks in a row, and he doesn't look dynamic at all to me

nice list but your forgetting the #3 rusher in the NFL, Larry Johnson
Larry showed me what he was made of today
My predictions for next week for your thread:LT down.Lynch down.Gore about same.Portis up.Barber about same.Bush TBDTurn up a few.Forte about same.New additions: Maybe Addai and Slaton?

Users who are viewing this thread