What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

MyFootballguys (aka My FBG) (1 Viewer)

Screen shows.  Loads a little slow, but not terrible.

When I click on the menu icon on the top left, nothing happens.  When I click on the blank avatar icon in top right, nothing happens.  I click on personalized rankings, and it brings me to the 'sign up for Pro' page, which is mildly annoying, as I am logged in on the main page, but whatever.  From that page, I cannot click on the 'Sign In' option, or the previous mentioned icons.  

I right-clicked, hoping to pull it up in a new tab, and it doesn't recognize it as a link.  I am wondering if this is a chromebook thing.  
ok - what browser are you on there and could you check the version? I'll do my best to try to replicate this.

Where are you seeing this? Everywhere, or just on the my.footballguys.com subdomain? Does it happen cross-browser?
I only have firefox.  My football guys.com sub.  Also on the message board when trying to just bring up topics I have posted too (2 topics total).    The pages on myfbg seem show that they are waiting on other sites during the delays.

I only have firefox.  My football guys.com sub.  Also on the message board when trying to just bring up topics I have posted too (2 topics total).    The pages on myfbg seem show that they are waiting on other sites during the delays.
on these I would shoot a note to overton@footballguys.com . I know he is the guy who could help you with this. It's definitely not something we're aware of as affecting a bunch of different users; Keith has some pretty intensive setups for monitoring response times etc there. But he's the man who can help.

They really should have set up separate threads, One for my FBG, one for DD (new pc version), and one for DD mobile.

Positions will be sorted for sure soon.

What do you want the leagues sorted by? Or do you want them sortable? I can't see a way to sort them on the Classic MyFBG system.

Scoring would need an example there to look into that.
Scoring:  All 2 point conversion stuff imported as 0.  All Fumbles -2.  All receptions as 0 (huge one for owners with PPR leagues).  That's what I remember seeing.

Sorting:  The old MYFBG sorted leagues alphabetically I'm pretty sure.  I added a number in front of the league name they would sort they way I wanted them.  Custom sorting would be great but at least alphabetically so we can control them with league names.

I don't believe that was available previously - you referred to it as missing and I just wanted to double check that with you.
No, but it did compare to the top 200 lists, making it easier to spot potential FAs. Perhaps something similar is there now, and I just haven't found it yet (I haven't had time to play with it much)

Scoring:  All 2 point conversion stuff imported as 0.  All Fumbles -2.  All receptions as 0 (huge one for owners with PPR leagues).  That's what I remember seeing.

Sorting:  The old MYFBG sorted leagues alphabetically I'm pretty sure.  I added a number in front of the league name they would sort they way I wanted them.  Custom sorting would be great but at least alphabetically so we can control them with league names.
Ok, will add that on sorting. Can you PM me your FBG username and the name of a league that didn't import over properly on those settings, and I'll look into it.

They really should have set up separate threads, One for my FBG, one for DD (new pc version), and one for DD mobile.
There is a separate thread for the new DD version on desktop. Happy to answer mobile questions there too - it's basically the same app.

Same thing happened to me.

Also, I noticed there's no separation for PPR, it's either all or nothing for everyone. Some leagues are 0.5 PPR for RB's and 1 PPR for WR's & TE's. And there's also the FFPC & FBGPC leagues where TE is 1.5 PPR.

Another update just now:

- all the issues people were seeing with username/password fields not showing up because of this browser, that browser or larger font sizes are now resolved. I've tested on Chrome with enlarged, Chrome normal, Firefox, IE latest & Safari. All are looking good. No reason to revert to a normal font size now.

- logout in firefox/IE fully fixed

- when you unlink a league, imported rosters are removed. Team names still stay because I think anything is more useful than Team 1, Team 2 etc!

- loading messages on homepage changed so they never mask up your whole screen and are more informative

- external links (e.g. footballguys.com) now open in a new tab

What are we missing?

- 10 second primer - coming soon

- Waiver wire analyzer - coming soon (and will be more informative/customizable than before)

- filtering down basic staff rankings to free agents

- listing news/projections only for your team: news will be filtered down on the homepage. I feel like the correct easily-applied filters on e.g. Personalized Rankings to filter down to your team's projections only would be a step in the right direction here too.

Also, I noticed there's no separation for PPR, it's either all or nothing for everyone. Some leagues are 0.5 PPR for RB's and 1 PPR for WR's & TE's. And there's also the FFPC & FBGPC leagues where TE is 1.5 PPR.
In scoring, receiving you can change to different for position for MFL leagues but not ESPN leagues.

In scoring, receiving you can change to different for position for MFL leagues but not ESPN leagues.
I'm just enabling all the scoring settings with all the different options for all the different league types right now. I know you guys would rather have the does-everything UI than us trying to be clever taking stuff away where sites may not support it.

I'm just enabling all the scoring settings with all the different options for all the different league types right now. I know you guys would rather have the does-everything UI than us trying to be clever taking stuff away where sites may not support it.
Actually I think that part is pretty cool where it's coded specifically for each provider's options.   :thumbup:

Actually I think that part is pretty cool where it's coded specifically for each provider's options.   :thumbup:
:wall: ;-)

For now I think it's best to enable them for everyone. I was probably too aggressive when I was narrowing that down and it was more a Draft Dominator thing where I wanted it to be as accessible as possible on the screen of a tiny phone. For now I think it's best to show them all. That's just deployed so the current state of the site. 

If I click on "lineup coach" in a league and let the page load, it'll have my team.  If I then click on the "sync this league" button top right, it'll change my team to the 1st team listed.  I have to go back to "edit my leagues" and reselect my team.  If I click "sync this league", it happens over and over.  Yet it doesn't do it for every league.

ETA -- In leagues where my team is listed first, clicking "sync" keeps it.  However, in leagues where my team isn't the first one listed, clicking "sync" then makes the top team my league and I have to go and change it back each time.  It seems when you sync, it's causing it to reset to making the 1st team listed as your team.

Last edited by a moderator:
Should the projections for my league be based exactly on my scoring system? The QB'S look right, but the TE's score projections are about half to a third of what they should be.  Thanks

CBS league btw.

I think something is still off...

Just tried to check my personal rankings for my non-PPR league and the 1st time I tried it, the top 8 picks were all RB's... then the next time i refreshed the rankings, the #1 overall pick was Jordy Nelson. 

So, in addition to the slow loading of the page itself (had to refresh twice before it actually worked), i'm not really confident in the rankings are actually correct...

On the personalized rankings page I was looking at the free agent listings and noticed that there is no bye week info there, so I clicked on a player and opened his info page and don't see it there either. 

Maybe you guys have them all memorized but my memory isn't what it used to what were we talking about.

AJ Green, Jeremy Hill, Gio Bernard, Tyler Eifert and Tyler Boyd are 7 of the top 8 preseason scores in a non-PPR league now.  Guess Dalton is going to have a HUGE year.  

Most of the suggestions I have to improve functionality have been mentioned by others.  However, one that I haven't seen is on the player information pop up.

This pop up is not very well optimized for desktops.  It shouldn't be necessary to scroll in order to see anything more than 3 columns on my 18 inch monitor.

I'm also not sure if this box is intended to replace FBG player pages, but if it is, it's missing a bunch of information including news, schedule, and links to articles where the player is mentioned.  I guess it's not really clear...Is this system the beginning of a makeover to the entire site?

Two random things:

-On the main page, when clicking on team names to highlight all players on a team, please expand that highlight to include the entire row.

-Would it be possible to push an update to the ipad app with some of the changes that have been made?

gianmarco said:
If I click on "lineup coach" in a league and let the page load, it'll have my team.  If I then click on the "sync this league" button top right, it'll change my team to the 1st team listed.  I have to go back to "edit my leagues" and reselect my team.  If I click "sync this league", it happens over and over.  Yet it doesn't do it for every league.

ETA -- In leagues where my team is listed first, clicking "sync" keeps it.  However, in leagues where my team isn't the first one listed, clicking "sync" then makes the top team my league and I have to go and change it back each time.  It seems when you sync, it's causing it to reset to making the 1st team listed as your team.
Can you PM me your username and the name of a league affected? Thanks

PIK95 said:
Should the projections for my league be based exactly on my scoring system? The QB'S look right, but the TE's score projections are about half to a third of what they should be.  Thanks

CBS league btw.
Need to know your username and the name of the league. PM to me and I'll look into it

4th&inches said:
I think something is still off...

Just tried to check my personal rankings for my non-PPR league and the 1st time I tried it, the top 8 picks were all RB's... then the next time i refreshed the rankings, the #1 overall pick was Jordy Nelson. 

So, in addition to the slow loading of the page itself (had to refresh twice before it actually worked), i'm not really confident in the rankings are actually correct...
Again let me know your username and the name of the league and I'll look into it.

my apologies again that this isn't perfect yet. I think we're down to league specific stuff I will investigate and fix on a case by case basis.

imjackdupp said:
On the personalized rankings page I was looking at the free agent listings and noticed that there is no bye week info there, so I clicked on a player and opened his info page and don't see it there either. 

Maybe you guys have them all memorized but my memory isn't what it used to what were we talking about.
Thanks, we'll add this soon.

nbajam said:
Most of the suggestions I have to improve functionality have been mentioned by others.  However, one that I haven't seen is on the player information pop up.

This pop up is not very well optimized for desktops.  It shouldn't be necessary to scroll in order to see anything more than 3 columns on my 18 inch monitor.

I'm also not sure if this box is intended to replace FBG player pages, but if it is, it's missing a bunch of information including news, schedule, and links to articles where the player is mentioned.  I guess it's not really clear...Is this system the beginning of a makeover to the entire site?

Two random things:

-On the main page, when clicking on team names to highlight all players on a team, please expand that highlight to include the entire row.

-Would it be possible to push an update to the ipad app with some of the changes that have been made?
More additions for the inseason coming to that player card.

when you say you have to scroll to access the 3 columns, do you mean scroll horizontally? You shouldn't need to be doing that. We're tabbing the player card so all the data is more accessible without scrolling when the new features are added here.

highlight full row is in the list of things to do.

ipad app update will land before week 1.

the long term plan is for this system to be the way that people want to consume all their subscriber info. The current site will continue to exist always for many features but the long term plan is that we build this into something that subscribers want to use to access subscriber content. For instance, we want to be able to let you guys filter down the articles to only those you are interested, or suggest similar content to what you like.

i think the page on FBG that needs re-doing the most is that long list of weekly content; it's impossible to find anything without ctrl+F. We'd love to do better there and this new system will allow us to do better there (that page lives on as does everything else bar the classic MyFBG roster importing). And for a while mobile delivery of subscriber content hasn't been optimal. This takes a huge stride in the right direction there too.

I don't see the login ID / password boxes on the Cloud login screen.  They were there for me a couple days ago.  I'm running Windows 7, 32-bit, Firefox 48.0.1

The team pages are quite weak. No ability to link to a players individual page off of the overview page. On the depth chart page it appears you can only link to the individual pages of those few players with picture icons. On a team like Denver with an obvious QB battle, Sanchez is the only guy you can get to an info page. I can't even read about the other 2. Once I get to the info page, no recent news is listed so all you get is some short summary paragraph written who knows when. 

These seem to be pretty glaring omissions, and things you think would be discovered by a professional business before rolling out a product. I guess it's cool that paid employees are responding to errors found in this thread, but it's lame how much you're relying on paying customers to point out the many issues in this product. 

Was there not a small beta test with this using customers? Sure seems like the live is the beta. 

When comparing Dodd’s projections on the classic vs. new MY FBG I notice a difference in player projections.

1st on the new view I am guessing that I am reviewing Dodd’s projections because after closing the filter screen there is nothing letting me know whose projections I am viewing nor when the projections were updated.

On the classic the Dodd’s projections were last updated on 8/17. Will there be updates made to the classic going forward? Will I be able to link leagues to the classic?

On the forums page hovering over top menu items (Home Articles...MyFBG) results in a drop down.  Problem is a lot of that drop down is covered by the forum menu (Browse Activity)   I would insert a screen capture but that doesn't seem like it is possible.

Pages are slow to load on myFBG.  Daily news incredibly slow.  It is as if you are acutally running a database query to pull all the daily news each time instead of having one page that is continuously rebuilt on your server and then served up as static HTML

http://my.footballguys.com/#nfl-team/BUF/news

When you click on news you get error about js script not responding while it is "downloading news"  then when you click stop script, the page freezes with downloading news displayed on top of the news. As a bonus the news is that Xavien Howard is supposed to miss a preseason game.  This news must be very critical info, because the same exact news is displayed 3 times on the page.  Of course you can't scroll past these 3 articles because the page is frozen.

As a second bonus I just went back to the news page for the Bills, I was glad to see that Joe Flacco is expected to play against Detroit. Unfortunately, he does not play for the Bills.  In addition, the next 2 news articles were on Xavien Howard.  Of course, the page is unresponsive.

If I logout I get this message

Logging out will completely reset all your data. Only data stored in the cloud (leagues and rankings profiles) will be backed up. Any individual drafts will NOT be saved. Are you sure?
I am not quite sure what is saved and what will need to be entered again.  Can someone please explain what is lost when logging out and why any data is lost when logging out? 

When syncing to MFL leagues the "Sync this League button on the personalized rankings doesn't seem to work. You have to go into your profile in the top right corner (the head icon) and sync it in there. That does seem to work.

Trying to use the new Dominator (Windows) and the new myfbg interface for a couple MFL10 real drafts at the same time. Must say it's been a miserable experience overall. One of the leagues was completely wiped out of the Dominator part way through the draft. Is it not possible to have two live drafts going at once? Owners were getting mixed up between the two leagues in the Dominator. It seemed to be confused about which league was which when I was switching back and forth between the two leagues. And then the one league was just deleted out of the blue. 

I've setup my dominator live drafts independent of my synced leagues. Was having way too many issues with things changing within the dominator if connected to my league. It took more time to do it this way but I've at least (I hope) eliminated the worry that my draft settings won't be correct on draft day. 

Would strongly suggest adding a search bar as well on the main page to look up players easily.  From that page, there is no way to look up an individual player.

I still can't get see any of my leagues while using Chrome on iOS. Works fine in Safari, but totally useless in Chrome. 

Users who are viewing this thread