What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

MyFootballguys (aka My FBG) (1 Viewer)

Simon Shepherd said:
The guys are doing another release tonight and they are compling up a change log. If you've had issues that the changelog addresses, please double check them once the new version has deployed.

This isn't a fix-everything release, but it should be a fix-a-lot release.
Don't worry about the haters. You guys are obviously working hard on it and I'm sure the finished product will be great.

I play in on a fantasy sports site called Fantrax.

Any way to get a link added to the Link to League screen?

Thanks for the help.

Hi.

Using Chrome It goes great till I hit "sync this league" and I choose MFL, it brings up all of my MFL leagues, I choose the one I want to sync with- then it prompts me for my password for MFL, I put it in and.... I'm afraid we couldn't access it with that password either. Would you like to go to the Edit Leagues screen where you can attempt to re-link the league to MyFantasyLeague.com?

I know I'm putting the right password in.

Evan Chamberlain said:
For those using apple mobile devices, there is an app on the app store we'd recommend you use. However, it doesn't yet have the latest updates released less than a day ago on the website. There are issues with non-chrome browsers, they are being fixed, should be a lot better viewing the webpage from an iPad at that point, but the app will likely always give you a better experience, it just might be a little (a few days)  behind the website in terms of updates.
Will the app have the same functionality as myfootballguys? Do subscribers need to pay for the app?

Will the app have the same functionality as myfootballguys? Do subscribers need to pay for the app?
App is free, and will have the same functionality. Subscribers will have access to everything in the app, non-subscribers will have limited functionality. It just might be slightly slower to update due to the process of getting updates onto the app store.

Hi.

Using Chrome It goes great till I hit "sync this league" and I choose MFL, it brings up all of my MFL leagues, I choose the one I want to sync with- then it prompts me for my password for MFL, I put it in and.... I'm afraid we couldn't access it with that password either. Would you like to go to the Edit Leagues screen where you can attempt to re-link the league to MyFantasyLeague.com?

I know I'm putting the right password in.
Hey Lost Lambs,

Can you PM me your MFL credentials?  I can test it out here and get a closer look to see if the server is throwing any errors.  

I click login, nothing happens, there is no popup for username password etc.  if i try register, it says my email is already registered.

chrome browser, windows 10

I'm logged in to the regular site just fine.

@CommisR

We're going to push out some updates in the next hour, so hopefully that will help you out.  Can I ask what version chrome you're using?  Do you get an error message on screen, or it simply hangs there?

I click login, nothing happens, there is no popup for username password etc.  if i try register, it says my email is already registered.

chrome browser, windows 10

I'm logged in to the regular site just fine.

i click myfbg main from the main site and a popup comes up, but when I hit login it just sits.  if i hit sync it says i need to login.  if I hit register it says the email is already used.

version  Version 52.0.2743.116 m of chrome

Last edited by a moderator:
Pokesfan said:
I found the dynasty rankings, but there needs to be a way to apply your league teams/free agents to those rankings just like you can the Personalized Rankings.  
Any update or something I'm missing?

Hey guys.  Keeping an open mind, I really am trying.  I really hate the "mobilization" of everything, but the app works decently in Chrome so it'll do.  Here are my observations...

1) Adding and syncing my 4 leagues on MFL worked well outside a couple things.  I did want to mention that one of them is a "deluxe" league with two 12 team conferences.  It did set that up correctly and only shows players on teams in my conference.  I was afraid that wouldn't work.

2) Add/sync didn't bring in my scoring system, all 4 leagues are default scoring system.

3) Same for other settings like starters, roster sizes, etc.  So rosters came in fine but the other settings didn't.  I'm sure you're working on that.

Now my big issue so far with this UI:  It's wasting a ton of space.  The old MyFBG was a nice compact list of players.  Very easy to see on one screen several dozen players at a glance and easy to print.  Now, each row has not only a ton of whitespace but each row is "tall" with a player icon (which you can barely make out as it is) and the position/team icons that are under the name.  Even full screen on a 1080p monitor only shows 11 players on the page and you gotta scroll to see more.

It may look cool but it's just not functional (thus the problem with so many mobile UIs).  Please offer an option to "compact" the player lists.  Remove the player picture which is just fluff.  Move the position/team icon to the right of the name or put it in it's own column and better yet change it to text only.  Should be able to easily double the number of players on screen at a time this way.  And make this a global option that will save as a default.  And extend that option to the news feed...again I do not need all the wasted space with the player pictures.

Couple other things:

1) Make the filters remember *per league* and between sessions.  Already annoying to have to select and deselect the filters when changing leagues (like IPD selected for those leagues but not for non-IDP, it's not remembering filters per league.

2) Now I can't remember the other.  I'll post more as I think of things.

@Peyton Marinothis working properly for Tim Leeg?

Also who would you guys target at 12 in a 16 team ppr Rb WR flex (x3) league?  TE ALSO required but Gork already gone.  ALSO we Culd potentially move down to 13=16 if we wang

WHIR

Looks like 2016 is just a lost year with this subscription.  This is a total mess, and we're on the back end of August.  

Can't even log in.  Try to recover password, and it takes me to the classic screen (I assume), which is (or seems) logged in, but can't sync with my league.  So, neither formats work.

Chrome Version 52.0.2743.116 (64-bit)

I agree with those thoughts on wasted space. Most users on this site, I'd assume, are here for the content and don't care how pretty it looks. 

Are there any features that we know won't be carried over from the old site? I sure hope it's all there, especially in season stuff like waiver wire reports and rest of season rankings/values specific to our leagues. 

Probably not for this thread, but I'm still stumped that dominator for mobile devices is at a separate cost, given how it's clear that FBG is trying to provide the same consistent experience regardless of what device is used. 

To the answer on where to find subscriber contest entry, I think the confusion lies in that it's not clear what will be found in myfbg (especially if it was in there in past) and what will be found by linking over to the main FBG site. 

And... updates have been published to the site.

We got a lot of fixes done today, here is an incomplete list of what was fixed:

• fixed a syncing issue with undrafted MFL leagues
  • fixed fbg cloud login issues with firefox/safari
  • FFPC username logins (not only email) available and undrafted leagues are no longer producing errors
  • fixed issue with news on firefox/ie causing them to not show properly (maybe need to clear browser data to get it to work)
  • filters not showing up in certain browsers has been fixed
  • owned players showing as free agents in personal rankings has been fixed
  • players having team show as free agent when it shouldn’t has been fixed
  • username and password prompt not showing up to add league from league host has been fixed
  • name parsing issue for certain players being synced has been fixed
  • free agents are now highlighted on the personal rankings page
  • lots of non-specific safari/firefox/IE display issues have been fixed
In general, Safari and Chrome should both be really solid now. Firefox is mostly good now, with the issues remaining that we haven’t fixed are not likely to affect your use of the app. You should be able to use any of these browsers now and have it work. If I’m wrong and things aren’t working in a browser, report it and we’ll get it fixed and use chrome in the meantime. IE is still having issues that we’ll continue sorting out tomorrow.

no change, still can't get to the login page

when try to login, get a popup saying football guys cloud and this other stuff, but no way to actually login, just like before. :(

Footballguys Cloud

LOGIN
REGISTER (FREE!)

Footballguys.com Insider Login

This login is for Footballguys.com Insider accounts; not the forums! If you don't have an Insider account, you can create one for freeabove.

Login
Lost Password

Sync Now

no change, still can't get to the login page

when try to login, get a popup saying football guys cloud and this other stuff, but no way to actually login, just like before. :(

what browser are you using? Something to try: If you are on windows can you try ctrl+f5 and trying again, if osx cmd+r and try again. That should force the site to reload and get the latest version.

still chrome

no change refreshing or ctrl + f5.  i get to a page, but if i try to access rankings or anything there is a screen that says the following.  so i click login and get the same popup with no way to actually enter login info.

Want more?

Go pro to get the best Fantasy Football help, at your fingertips.

"Footballguys.com is the best premium fantasy football only service on the planet." 
Matthew Berry - ESPN / ROTOPASS

"Footballguys.com is the best fantasy football advisory service out there." 
Nigel Eccles - CEO - Fanduel

Why Join?

• Love it or your money back - 100% Money Back Guarantee.
  • Proven better, faster, simpler Fantasy Results to fit your schedule.
  • Not just content, tools like Draft Dominator and Lineup Coach to help you craft the perfect team.
…and much more.

Come see what all the fuss is about.

Already a Subscriber?

Sign In

Goto Footballguys.com to learn more about Insider Pro

Evan,

Found a bug when editing our scoring rules.

For some reason myFBG is defaulting our RECEIVING scoring to have different scoring for the RB position (we do not do this). When I click on the link to turn it OFF it accepts the change but when I hit 'DONE' it does not save the change. When I go back to RECEIVING scoring it still has the different scoring option turned ON.

For what it is worth, the first time I set up the scoring it did so correctly. But I had to perform the SYNC league in order to fix the missing 12th team issue (which it did), but the scoring issue cropped up afterwards (don't know if it is related or not, but just FYI in case the detail is helpful).

Again, to be clear, myFBG allows me to adjust the scoring option back to OFF for different receiving scoring by position, but it is NOT saving the correct setting.

Thanks in advance for taking a look.

UPDATE - I just tried adjusting the receiving scoring again and it worked this time. Not sure if it was due to the bug fixes you guys did earlier, but either way, I'm happy to report it is working correctly now.

And... updates have been published to the site.

We got a lot of fixes done today, here is an incomplete list of what was fixed:

• fixed a syncing issue with undrafted MFL leagues
  • fixed fbg cloud login issues with firefox/safari
  • FFPC username logins (not only email) available and undrafted leagues are no longer producing errors
  • fixed issue with news on firefox/ie causing them to not show properly (maybe need to clear browser data to get it to work)
  • filters not showing up in certain browsers has been fixed
  • owned players showing as free agents in personal rankings has been fixed
  • players having team show as free agent when it shouldn’t has been fixed
  • username and password prompt not showing up to add league from league host has been fixed
  • name parsing issue for certain players being synced has been fixed
  • free agents are now highlighted on the personal rankings page
  • lots of non-specific safari/firefox/IE display issues have been fixed
In general, Safari and Chrome should both be really solid now. Firefox is mostly good now, with the issues remaining that we haven’t fixed are not likely to affect your use of the app. You should be able to use any of these browsers now and have it work. If I’m wrong and things aren’t working in a browser, report it and we’ll get it fixed and use chrome in the meantime. IE is still having issues that we’ll continue sorting out tomorrow.
ok, I'm much further along now.

I was able to "link to league" , however, when I clicked on the FFPC link it let me sign in and it only gave me my 5 DE teams and my yet to be drafted Terminator team.

It did not recognize any of my player championship teams (9), 8 of which are drafted.

I don't want to be against change or all negative but this new format even if working without flaws is nowhere near as useful as the FBG classic.

The main reason I'm a subscriber is because of how awesome the My FBG has been and I do not see this new version ever being as user friendly and useful as the classic.

What is the reason why we are we being told that having the My FBG classic can not still be an option?

FFPC still not working.

We couldn't find any leagues on this account. Double check they show on the host site and are setup for this year. If this problem persists, please contact us on apps@footballguys.com.

Hey guys.  Keeping an open mind, I really am trying.  I really hate the "mobilization" of everything, but the app works decently in Chrome so it'll do.  Here are my observations...

1) Adding and syncing my 4 leagues on MFL worked well outside a couple things.  I did want to mention that one of them is a "deluxe" league with two 12 team conferences.  It did set that up correctly and only shows players on teams in my conference.  I was afraid that wouldn't work.

2) Add/sync didn't bring in my scoring system, all 4 leagues are default scoring system.

3) Same for other settings like starters, roster sizes, etc.  So rosters came in fine but the other settings didn't.  I'm sure you're working on that.

Now my big issue so far with this UI:  It's wasting a ton of space.  The old MyFBG was a nice compact list of players.  Very easy to see on one screen several dozen players at a glance and easy to print.  Now, each row has not only a ton of whitespace but each row is "tall" with a player icon (which you can barely make out as it is) and the position/team icons that are under the name.  Even full screen on a 1080p monitor only shows 11 players on the page and you gotta scroll to see more.

It may look cool but it's just not functional (thus the problem with so many mobile UIs).  Please offer an option to "compact" the player lists.  Remove the player picture which is just fluff.  Move the position/team icon to the right of the name or put it in it's own column and better yet change it to text only.  Should be able to easily double the number of players on screen at a time this way.  And make this a global option that will save as a default.  And extend that option to the news feed...again I do not need all the wasted space with the player pictures.

Couple other things:

1) Make the filters remember *per league* and between sessions.  Already annoying to have to select and deselect the filters when changing leagues (like IPD selected for those leagues but not for non-IDP, it's not remembering filters per league.

2) Now I can't remember the other.  I'll post more as I think of things.
This sums up every thought I've had since this thing popped. Even the deluxe MFL league. Im afraid bonscott is a guy in my league lol

Evan,

Found a bug when editing our scoring rules.

For some reason myFBG is defaulting our RECEIVING scoring to have different scoring for the RB position (we do not do this). When I click on the link to turn it OFF it accepts the change but when I hit 'DONE' it does not save the change. When I go back to RECEIVING scoring it still has the different scoring option turned ON.

For what it is worth, the first time I set up the scoring it did so correctly. But I had to perform the SYNC league in order to fix the missing 12th team issue (which it did), but the scoring issue cropped up afterwards (don't know if it is related or not, but just FYI in case the detail is helpful).

Again, to be clear, myFBG allows me to adjust the scoring option back to OFF for different receiving scoring by position, but it is NOT saving the correct setting.

Thanks in advance for taking a look.

UPDATE - I just tried adjusting the receiving scoring again and it worked this time. Not sure if it was due to the bug fixes you guys did earlier, but either way, I'm happy to report it is working correctly now.
This is still happening for me.  Can't get it to save to "OFF" for one of my leagues.

*Edit*

I fixed it.  I refreshed the page 12 times.  For some reason, it worked after the 12th refresh.  

I agree that player photos are completely useless and a waste of space. No one here is picking a player based on his headshot. 

FFPC still not working.

We couldn't find any leagues on this account. Double check they show on the host site and are setup for this year. If this problem persists, please contact us on apps@footballguys.com.

It sounds like we got some of FFPC working, but that certain leagues weren't coming in (I'm guessing all of yours are in that category). We'll continue fixing that tomorrow. 

I appreciate the work/communication that we are getting from FBG's development staff here, but I think the response from the owners has been boilerplate and disappointing.  The community has always been a big part of the FBGs site, but it has withered a lot recently.

first reaction was negative but after learning how everything works the changes are actually pretty nice.  Bit of a learning curve but is pretty slick once figured out.

I got a request from a developer to share my login info with him so he could test.  I proceeded to change my password to something temporary and PM it to him.  He ran through a bunch of things but kept saying "I'm not seeing that".  Didn't get much accomplished as I had to leave.

Come home, figure I'll try Chrome, go to login, but my temporary password wasn't working.  Oops turns out I changed my forum password, not FBG password.

So what was he "testing" with???  I'm trying to be positive here, but I cannot for the life of me understand this.   Am I missing something?

Anyway,

My primary league is unlinked yet when I click Rosters I get a jumble of 1/2 team names 1/2 Team 1 Team 2.  CTRL F5 doesn't clear it.  Chrome and Firefox same result.  I re-synch the league, and there are now double rosters, all named correctly.   Unsynch, back to original.  Synch to a different MFL league altogether, rosters load fine.  Unsynch that league, rosters remain from that league.  Re-synch back to original league, all is good.  This was all in FF.  CTRL F5 in Chrome and it's updated now.

Filters now have all positions but are still missing all Projectors in FF.  In Chrome I get this:

Selecting either PK or TD does nothing.

I got a request from a developer to share my login info with him so he could test.  I proceeded to change my password to something temporary and PM it to him.  He ran through a bunch of things but kept saying "I'm not seeing that".  Didn't get much accomplished as I had to leave.

Come home, figure I'll try Chrome, go to login, but my temporary password wasn't working.  Oops turns out I changed my forum password, not FBG password.

So what was he "testing" with???  I'm trying to be positive here, but I cannot for the life of me understand this.   Am I missing something?

Anyway,

My primary league is unlinked yet when I click Rosters I get a jumble of 1/2 team names 1/2 Team 1 Team 2.  CTRL F5 doesn't clear it.  Chrome and Firefox same result.  I re-synch the league, and there are now double rosters, all named correctly.   Unsynch, back to original.  Synch to a different MFL league altogether, rosters load fine.  Unsynch that league, rosters remain from that league.  Re-synch back to original league, all is good.  This was all in FF.  CTRL F5 in Chrome and it's updated now.

Filters now have all positions but are still missing all Projectors in FF.  In Chrome I get this:

Selecting either PK or TD does nothing.

I don't think it is doing nothing, the reason it appears to do nothing is David Dodds is the only footballguy who has released their initial week 1 projections for all 3 of those projection categories.

Ok gotcha.  Preseason gives me more options of writers.  I assume the slider bars are how we can weight different projectors?

Still blank in Firefox though.

Ok gotcha.  Preseason gives me more options of writers.  I assume the slider bars are how we can weight different projectors?

Still blank in Firefox though.

Preseason projections are used in our draft dominator as well, so they've been out since the release of that and are continuously updated until the season starts. Week 1 projections will trickle in as we get closer to the season.

Yeah, it will weight their projections into the calculations and throughout the grid according to that balance. Your changes to those balances will save in the browser for future use, so you don't have to worry about that changing on ya while browsing the site. That is only the one you changed, so turning Dodds down on PK doesn't mean you turn down his OFF projections as well and changing weekly doesn't change preseason. Hope that all makes sense.

I don't want to be against change or all negative but this new format even if working without flaws is nowhere near as useful as the FBG classic.

The main reason I'm a subscriber is because of how awesome the My FBG has been and I do not see this new version ever being as user friendly and useful as the classic.

What is the reason why we are we being told that having the My FBG classic can not still be an option?
Guys, I've said this before and will continue to post it. Feedback is not helpful unless it gives us something we can action. You have to get into specifics; if your goal is to help us make this better that's the only way we'll be able to help.

As you can all see, yesterday we made a bunch of fixes and changes. We'll continue to work hard at it.

Thanks.

Sorry if we don't get to 100% everyone in this forum thread. It's nearly impossible to track everyone through. We'll continue to do our best. If you want support for an individual issue, the best thing to do is to email us at apps@footballguys.com. That gets into our ticketing system; there you have your own thread with me and the ticket stays open and on my screen until we've agreed it is solved.

still chrome

no change refreshing or ctrl + f5.  i get to a page, but if i try to access rankings or anything there is a screen that says the following.  so i click login and get the same popup with no way to actually enter login info.

Want more?

Go pro to get the best Fantasy Football help, at your fingertips.

"Footballguys.com is the best premium fantasy football only service on the planet." 
Matthew Berry - ESPN / ROTOPASS

"Footballguys.com is the best fantasy football advisory service out there." 
Nigel Eccles - CEO - Fanduel

Why Join?

• Love it or your money back - 100% Money Back Guarantee.
  • Proven better, faster, simpler Fantasy Results to fit your schedule.
  • Not just content, tools like Draft Dominator and Lineup Coach to help you craft the perfect team.
…and much more.

Come see what all the fuss is about.

Already a Subscriber?

Sign In

Goto Footballguys.com to learn more about Insider Pro
This one we need to move over to email. The copy+paste to the forums thing isn't working out and it's tough to post screenshots here. Please email apps@footballguys.com with a screenshot and details of what's happening. Every dev has tried to recreate with no luck so let's try a screenshot over email w/ some more details. thanks.

I agree with those thoughts on wasted space. Most users on this site, I'd assume, are here for the content and don't care how pretty it looks. 

Are there any features that we know won't be carried over from the old site? I sure hope it's all there, especially in season stuff like waiver wire reports and rest of season rankings/values specific to our leagues. 

Probably not for this thread, but I'm still stumped that dominator for mobile devices is at a separate cost, given how it's clear that FBG is trying to provide the same consistent experience regardless of what device is used. 

To the answer on where to find subscriber contest entry, I think the confusion lies in that it's not clear what will be found in myfbg (especially if it was in there in past) and what will be found by linking over to the main FBG site. 
Waiver wire coming soon, before 31st August. Rest of season rankings in there already, just not showing until after week 1 for obvious reasons.

We couldn't have been clearer about the mobile draft dominator ever since we first released it 3 years ago. There's for instance more details on this here: http://footballguys.com/loginfaq.php. We developed it at extra cost, and it was extra functionality, so were faced with either raising the sub to cover those costs or price it separately so everyone is able to choose if they want that or not. We chose the latter.

Subscriber contest entries are on the main site only. The new MyFootballguys is only doing what the old MyFBG system did, for leagues hosted on those external sites.

Looks like 2016 is just a lost year with this subscription.  This is a total mess, and we're on the back end of August.  

Can't even log in.  Try to recover password, and it takes me to the classic screen (I assume), which is (or seems) logged in, but can't sync with my league.  So, neither formats work.

Chrome Version 52.0.2743.116 (64-bit)
I think it's a little early to say it's a lost year. Please bear with us. For non-dynasty leagues these features are only really useful for waivers and lineups; we're not there yet.

These look like individual issues as obv lots of people are logging in correctly here. Please email me apps@footballguys.com and we'll work through it there.

When deciding between prettiness and usefulness, going with the pretty option again shows that FBG is designing products for guppies instead of sharks. 
Well, at least you disagree with the other user who said it was ugly! Please give us more details on the usefulness aspect here @Walking Boot. Let's get into details. In what way is this less useful?

Guys, I've said this before and will continue to post it. Feedback is not helpful unless it gives us something we can action. You have to get into specifics; if your goal is to help us make this better that's the only way we'll be able to help.

As you can all see, yesterday we made a bunch of fixes and changes. We'll continue to work hard at it.

Thanks.
What I'm going to say is basically make it as close as possible to the classic format.

My biggest issues:

the rows are too high which limits the amount of data we can see at one time

the field of data is restricted, there seems to be a lot of wasted space and you cannot see many players at one time- expand the usable field of data vs wasted space 

use drop down boxes like on classic to easily modify how you want to filter rather than what you have now

at this time I think mine is set up correctly but it is just too awkward to navigate for beneficial use

even FFToday has a simple format to navigate for their MFL Power, I would rather use FBG knowledge and experience in projections but it is now extremly difficult with MyFBG

What I'm going to say is basically make it as close as possible to the classic format.

My biggest issues:

the rows are too high which limits the amount of data we can see at one time

the field of data is restricted, there seems to be a lot of wasted space and you cannot see many players at one time- expand the usable field of data vs wasted space 

use drop down boxes like on classic to easily modify how you want to filter rather than what you have now

at this time I think mine is set up correctly but it is just too awkward to navigate for beneficial use

even FFToday has a simple format to navigate for their MFL Power, I would rather use FBG knowledge and experience in projections but it is now extremly difficult with MyFBG
We will have player photos out and rows narrower today. We plan to split out positional filters so it's possible to change those with 2-3 clicks rather than the extra couple right now to navigate through.

Obviously we wouldn't have done this if we didn't think we could make this better than the original MyFBG ever was. So posts like that which pick out the things that are not as easy now are super useful. Both this things are issues we can action fairly soon. Once we have this built, these things are fairly easy to adjust to! You guys are part of Footballguys and engagement on that level is exactly what we hoped would happen.

Yes, there are bugs, and we're working hard on fixing those. That aside, you guys would not want us to hide in a cave and come out and say, "there, it's finished whether you like it or not!" that's not the message here.

thanks again!

Users who are viewing this thread