What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

**NBA BTTF V -- GREATEST THREAD IN NBA FORUM HISTORY (1 Viewer)

fought my way back to over .500 at 18-17, including winning my last 2 games by a combined 157 points  :excited:

currently on a 5 game winning streak with an average margin of victory of 42 points

fought my way back to over .500 at 18-17, including winning my last 2 games by a combined 157 points  :excited:

currently on a 5 game winning streak with an average margin of victory of 42 points
This ends at midnight tonight

Sorry for your loss

Getting close to the half way mark and All Star game. 

Obviously, KAT is a mortal lock, but likely the only guy from my team that will make it.  Dwight Howard might, I suppose.  Barnes has been really solid, but not that good, and Hardaway, while arguably better than Barnes has been minute for minute, doesn't have enough firepower or minutes in all likelihood. 

Someone mentioned accidentally resting a player.  Having not understood what rest meant, I got creamed in my first game as my starting five all rested. I thought it meant that if the game becomes a blowout, you would "rest" those players.  

After Dubs 20 game win streak, didn't see how that one game would matter, but who knows now!

Question on all star selections... do they do it by position at all, or just best 24 players by whatever metric they use?

I've noticed something that's happening in this SIM:  Cousins is currently averaging 27.4 minutes per game.  In my lineup settings, he has never been below 30 minutes and is currently at 32 mpg.  Yet every game I see he's only playing 27-28 minutes.  Kyle O'Quinn is averaging 15.4 mpg and he has never been set above 15 and is currently at 10 mpg.  O'Quinn is the starter though.  I can only assume this is why O'Quinn is constantly over his mpg while Cousins is below.  Has anyone noticed anything similar with their team?  

No idea what it'd happen that way but it definitely is.  Those extra minutes I need Cousins on the floor could be the difference in a few games....

I've noticed something that's happening in this SIM:  Cousins is currently averaging 27.4 minutes per game.  In my lineup settings, he has never been below 30 minutes and is currently at 32 mpg.  Yet every game I see he's only playing 27-28 minutes.  Kyle O'Quinn is averaging 15.4 mpg and he has never been set above 15 and is currently at 10 mpg.  O'Quinn is the starter though.  I can only assume this is why O'Quinn is constantly over his mpg while Cousins is below.  Has anyone noticed anything similar with their team?  

No idea what it'd happen that way but it definitely is.  Those extra minutes I need Cousins on the floor could be the difference in a few games....
then start him? ;)  

These things work top down. A starter with fewer minutes listed is more likely to go over than a lower depth chart person with more minutes it seems.

Yeah it's always been like this, or at least that's how I've always set minutes, setting starters a little under what their actual target is so it balances out. I think what happens is that the sim tries to play everyone close to their target minutes throughout the game, but in the final 5 minutes or so if the game is close, it will play your starters the rest of the game, leading to starters having more than their recommended target minutes and bench players with less.

That and the sim sucks.

AND THEY REACH THE HALFWAY POINT!

Can't say I could have asked for more (well, maybe not losing my first game because I accidentally rested my starters :coffee:  )

Two All Stars, KAT leading all conference vote getters and Barnes sneaking in to take the final spot in the conference. Thought Howard might, but didn't register enough minutes, and if he was somehow to make it, that would probably have knocked off Barnes.

Having so little knowledge of the NBA going into this, Barnes was huge for me in terms of minutes and production, without any glaring weakness to his game. Basically I thought if a fairly well managed franchise would pay him at that scale, that had to show something, right? That's about what I had to go on, and in this case at least it worked.

My team is really KAT and the gang, but the gang's been pretty deep and pretty consistent with a solid 10 man rotation, with the other two at least playable in spots. Trades helped me utilize some extra MPG in the front court to improve a little quality there and really help my backcourt with Mr. NY KNICK 2017, Jr.

so the guy who's 6th in MVP voting can't make the All Star team?

My squad takes down Koya and Dubs before the break, then comes back to lose to last place Reboundaly Challenged :angry:

jomar said:
so the guy who's 6th in MVP voting can't make the All Star team?

My squad takes down Koya and Dubs before the break, then comes back to lose to last place Reboundaly Challenged :angry:
He have the 1200 min amount of minutes?

I wish that, like baseball, you could see when I guy is about to get fatigued rather than finding out only once they are.

Would definitely help distributing minutes if I know that a guy was at say, 103% vs. 115% and therefore close to being fatigued.

I wish that, like baseball, you could see when I guy is about to get fatigued rather than finding out only once they are.

Would definitely help distributing minutes if I know that a guy was at say, 103% vs. 115% and therefore close to being fatigued.
coach's office > status report

coach's office > status report
Right. The percent that is listed on the status report is the current status... if someone is at 97%, you know they are "already" fatigued.

But for those listed at 100%, I don't know if they have a cushion of 100 minutes before going to 99%, or 5 minutes.  Other than doing a manual calculation of min played vs. total minutes available pro rata, you only find out "too late"

Biggest pleasant surprise to me has been my 3pt % and assists.... I knew going in my assists would be a patchwork, as none of my PGs were above 25... but the mix and match has worked much better than expected, tallying the second highest number of assists so far.

3pt % is better than expected (a number of guys seem to be outperforming thereby 2-3%, though my total number is close to the bottom... perhaps the assists and good general offense push those up a bit? 

Regardless, I HIGHLY recommend folks get on the trade bandwagon last year. Don't think I got particularly more value back than I gave up via trade, but was able to get some key players, some due to position, some because I got maybe a bit more talent in exchange for decent minutes.

By far my nest three point guy overall is Hardaway, whom also has helped a bit in the assists pile from SF.

Obviously, having a top choice over 70 bucks even exceed expectations helps a ton, and in my case taking KAT was big as my limited knowledge of the NBA at the time allowed me to get really good scoring, really good rebounds and very good for its position for assists, helping augment the other guys I took.

That said, didn't expect KAT to be #2 in scoring. Not sure just what there is to explain that other than a good overall offense with the aforementioned more assists than I thought. He has a high usage but not ridiculous... there may be a balance there as I have other mid to high usage guys but no true ball hogs.

Right. The percent that is listed on the status report is the current status... if someone is at 97%, you know they are "already" fatigued.

But for those listed at 100%, I don't know if they have a cushion of 100 minutes before going to 99%, or 5 minutes.  Other than doing a manual calculation of min played vs. total minutes available pro rata, you only find out "too late"
If the player is enough "over" 100%, their recommended minutes goes up. 

The refs have stopped play. Courtney Lee is in a lot of pain and is being checked by the trainers. Looks like Lee was just shaken up. He should be able to return.
Courtney Lee is at 100%.  Never seen that before.

Courtney Lee is at 100%.  Never seen that before.
I had exactly the same message a few games back with Reggie Jackson, same situation.

Maybe there a roll of the die as to an injury, and then the SIM takes into account fatigue as to severity?

Don't think I ever saw the answer... how do the playoffs shake out? Two division winners have byes, next four best records in the conference (so, 12 playoff teams, total)?

Looked at last year's final summary.  Looks like 4 teams to the playoffs.
4 total, or four from each conference (either way tighter than I thought... if it's only the two division winners and a wild card each, wow).

4 total.  Division winners.
Just saw this in the FAQ (probably should have started there). Now really confused if you actually did this last year and it was different:

C. The Playoffs (FULL-SEASON ONLY)

At the end of the season, the top 6 teams in each conference will be seeded in a 4 round playoff, with each round being best of 7. The format will be as follows:

For each conference, the division winners will be determined based on overall record, head to head record, division record, conference record, and then total point differential (your points - opponent points). When determining division winners, head to head record is your record against any teams with the same overall record as you within your division.

The top 6 teams will be seeded based on division winner, overall record, head to head record, conference record and then total point differential (your points - opponent points). When determining division winners, head to head record is your record against any teams with the same overall record as you within your conference.

Teams 1 and 2 will receive first round byes.

Team 3 will play team 6 and team 4 will play team 5 in a best of 7 series, starting at the lower seed's homecourt and alternating locations in a 2-2-1-1-1 format.

The winner of the 4/5 game will play the number 1 seed and the winner of the 3/6 game will play the number 2 seed in a best of 7 series, starting at the lower seed's homecourt and alternating locations in a 2-2-1-1-1 format.

The winners of each of these series will meet in the conference finals for a best of 7 series, starting at the lower seed's homecourt and alternating locations in a 2-2-1-1-1 format.

The conference champions shall meet in the League Finals for a best of 7 series, starting at the team with the better overall record and alternating locations in a 2-3-2 format.

I think i only lose games that I'm favored in :lol:

@Koya, the rubber game is tonight. :football:  #WestbrookMVP
Barn burner with 300 total points scored in KAT vs. Westbrook, the rematch

Westbrook goes off for 44 in a triple double - though 9 TOs. KAT fouls out for the first time this season and is 'held' to 27 but brings 17 rbs and 4 blocks. Hardaway Jr. uses his outside touch to pour in 29 with four players in the 20's with the defense focused on KAT (Howard a basket away from the starting five all with 20).

I'll take the win as Westbrook looks so expand his MVP lead, as we held off Beastbrook in a 100+ total point fourth quarter.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just saw this in the FAQ (probably should have started there). Now really confused if you actually did this last year and it was different:

C. The Playoffs (FULL-SEASON ONLY)

At the end of the season, the top 6 teams in each conference will be seeded in a 4 round playoff, with each round being best of 7. The format will be as follows:

For each conference, the division winners will be determined based on overall record, head to head record, division record, conference record, and then total point differential (your points - opponent points). When determining division winners, head to head record is your record against any teams with the same overall record as you within your division.

The top 6 teams will be seeded based on division winner, overall record, head to head record, conference record and then total point differential (your points - opponent points). When determining division winners, head to head record is your record against any teams with the same overall record as you within your conference.

Teams 1 and 2 will receive first round byes.

Team 3 will play team 6 and team 4 will play team 5 in a best of 7 series, starting at the lower seed's homecourt and alternating locations in a 2-2-1-1-1 format.

The winner of the 4/5 game will play the number 1 seed and the winner of the 3/6 game will play the number 2 seed in a best of 7 series, starting at the lower seed's homecourt and alternating locations in a 2-2-1-1-1 format.

The winners of each of these series will meet in the conference finals for a best of 7 series, starting at the lower seed's homecourt and alternating locations in a 2-2-1-1-1 format.

The conference champions shall meet in the League Finals for a best of 7 series, starting at the team with the better overall record and alternating locations in a 2-3-2 format.
I was going strictly by the end of season email.  It only listed 3 match-ups in the playoffs, but I went back to 2015 when I made the playoffs.  It lists me as a 5 seed.  It must be 6 teams from each conference and the league summary email only talks about the conference finals and finals.

Been in very few close games, and don't think I've had a buzzer beater... until:

KAT Is fouled with 7 seconds up by 1. Makes both three throws.

Hag's Salt Mines in bounds and with a second remaining BOOM! Daunte Cunningham nails the three. 

One second remaining until overtime, BUT WAIT... Ball is in bounded to KAT with only enough time to throw it up. IT GOES IN! IT GOES IN!

100-98 in a relatively low scoring affair ... more than 100 less points scored than in my last game. Phew.

Yeesh, barn burners galore.  After not having any buzzer beaters, two games in a row with a winning shot after inbounding the ball with one second. This time, against Kaminksy will Save, it was in Overtime, and down two.

Down two, one second on the clock, in bound to Collision - BURIES the three!

Double Phew. 

Users who are viewing this thread