What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

NCAA Basketball Thread - 2022-3 Season (3 Viewers)

Uconn looks dangerous this year guys. Deep team that plays defense and rebounds. The freshman cling Kong , UConn nickname , is for real.
Has beaten every opponent they have faced by double digits and that includes Alabama Oregon Iowa State and Florida. Not just by 11 most have been by 15+
Uconn beats Alabama by 17 points, average margin of victory is 26 points, and #1 in Kenpom. Outside of z eddy, UConn has the best 2 centers in the country.

Uconn looks dangerous this year guys. Deep team that plays defense and rebounds. The freshman cling Kong , UConn nickname , is for real.

I saw Clingan play last night in Milwaukee. UConn lost to Marquette in a close game, but this kid is one to watch. 18 years old. Comes off the bench and dominates the game. 20 points (8/11) and 5 blocks in 21 minutes and he hits his free throws. Looks every bit his listed 7'2" and moves well. He completely changes the game on both ends when he's out there.

This group of Freshman at Bama looks great, led by Miller. Multiple big road wins. Could be the year to break thru the Elite 8 finally.

Arizona State with a lonnngg 3 as time expires to win at Arizona. Love when rivalry (and any other) games come down to last possession.
Several crazy finishes today...Florida St just hit a buzzer beater to ruin my parlay :censored: Watching Kansas-West Virginia coming down to the wire now...

Arizona State with a lonnngg 3 as time expires to win at Arizona. Love when rivalry (and any other) games come down to last possession.
I’m a KY fan through and through and I was not happy they cut away from the last minute of that game to show the tip of UK/Auburn.

This had to have been a local Lexington affiliate.
Cincinnati/NKY - All the ESPN games get booted to an alternate channel while the other game finishes, but CBS just gave a ticker saying “go watch it on the app”.

Yeah, I was glad Davis didn't get the record....yet. Obviously Pistol took a million shots, but 5 years vs 3 and no 3 point line is absurd.

But one of the 2 dinky post-season tournaments (either the CBI or "The Basketball classic"....whatever the heck that is) could still invite Detroit just for the novelty of the record. The Basketball classic took 2 sub .500 teams last year (including Detroit)

Would be absurdly lame, but I bet it happens.

Yeah, I was glad Davis didn't get the record....yet. Obviously Pistol took a million shots, but 5 years vs 3 and no 3 point line is absurd.

But one of the 2 dinky post-season tournaments (either the CBI or "The Basketball classic"....whatever the heck that is) could still invite Detroit just for the novelty of the record. The Basketball classic took 2 sub .500 teams last year (including Detroit)

Would be absurdly lame, but I bet it happens.
Yeah I heard that earlier. The school can pay 30k to enter the CBI if they really want him to get the record

Sorry - but if he breaks it that way it doesn't count in my book. Heck, even if he breaks it last night it shouldn't count. Takes him 61 or 62 more games to break it?

That's not right.

I don't know why folks seemed so antsy about this potentially happening the last week or two. Davis himself and Davis' own father said you can't compare the two.

This isn't one of those records that a good portion of the general public knows, like the career HR record or Gretzky's points record or even John Unitas' 47 consecutive-game TD record.

Great finish in the DePaul/St Johns game.

DePaul down 2 with 7 seconds left. They steal the inbounds pass and get fouled shooting a 3 with 3 seconds left. They hit all 3 free throws. SH then races down the court and has a layup at the buzzer. Its rejected by DePaul but the refs call goaltend. Then they go to the video and overturn the call. DePaul advances.

Bill Self in the hospital with a reported heart attack. Will miss today's Big 12 quarterfinal.

Saying not a heart attack, but had a procedure done. Either way he's out for the rest of the Big 12 Tourney.

Every year it’s wild to me that the Big East tourney is going on at MSG and Syracuse is playing in some small town in North Carolina. I get you have to follow the money but they really gutted what they were known for in order to do that.

UDM paid the 30k to get another game so Davis could get the record. Nice that they have money for that but non salary employees had to fight for over a year to get a 1.5% raise.

Bama was clearly dragging the last week of the season thru the chaos of the last month, but may be getting their legs and shot back at the perfect time.

Bama was clearly dragging the last week of the season thru the chaos of the last month, but may be getting their legs and shot back at the perfect time.
Perfect timing for having 2 players as an accessory to a murder?. Showing no remorse and mocking everyone with his pregame routine of getting patted down in home games by another player. The ncaa and Alabama should be embrased for no action taken.

Perfect timing for having 2 players as an accessory to a murder?. Showing no remorse and mocking everyone with his pregame routine of getting patted down in home games by another player. The ncaa and Alabama should be embrased for no action taken
The (yearlong) pregame thing was really stupid…the player indicted is in jail though, and no other players are in any legal trouble or appeared to be involved other than being witnesses. It’s a horrific story but I don’t know why they’d suspend any others.

Last edited:
UMASS-Lowell & Vermont locked in a Battle Royale for the America East Conference title. It's a shame the loser will get shut out of the NCAAs, because both are good teams.

Perfect timing for having 2 players as an accessory to a murder?. Showing no remorse and mocking everyone with his pregame routine of getting patted down in home games by another player. The ncaa and Alabama should be embrased for no action taken
The (yearlong) pregame thing was really stupid…the player indicted is in jail though, and no other players are in any legal trouble or appeared to be involved other than being witnesses. It’s a horrific story but I don’t know why they’d suspend any others.
im not a legal scholar but supplying the gun and then blocking the parking entrance ascends to accessory to murder charges.

im not a legal scholar but supplying the gun and then blocking the parking entrance ascends to accessory to murder charges.

Didn't know he blocked the parking entrance. Wow.

Didn't know he blocked the parking entrance. Wow.
He didn’t…there’s a lot of confusing info out there but ESPN did a good job of investigating and laying out details. Miller has also been added to all postseason awards lists after initially being excluded.

Last edited:
From the always wonderful Twitter account Message Board Geniuses: Can Rutgers Sue the NCAA? (beat #1 Purdue and just about every other team in the Big 10; knocked out of the NIT first round last night)
Answer: Yes. Yes we absolutely can sue the NCAA, halt the tournament and get a court order forcing them to include us.

Overseeded teams according to kenpom efficiency metrics:

Virginia a 4, should have been a 9, but they play Furman, a 13 who should be a 16.
Missouri a 7, should have been a 13. They play Utah St. who is a 10, but should have been a 5. :moneybag:
Miami a 5, should be a 10, but they play Drake, a 12 who should be a 16.
Indiana a 4, should be an 8.

There are a few others, but those are the largest gaps in seed vs efficiency.

Also, annual reminder that momentum entering the tournament doesn't mean as much as most people think.

I turned the game on at the office and the score was 7-4. That was 15 minutes ago. It is now 13-4. I love March Madness as much as the next guy but my god, this is atrocious basketball.

Users who are viewing this thread