What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

NCAA HOOPS THREAD! -- K petitions to get Maui Jim Maui Invitational moved to Transylvania (1 Viewer)

Who is worse?

• Total voters
9 teams above .500
6 teams at or just below .500
24 teams below .500

5 teams currently would not qualify for the conference tournament
Off tomorrow, so a day early on these.  

9 teams above .500
7 teams at or just below .500
23 teams below .500

5 teams currently would not qualify for the conference tournament.

Mick was incredibly overrated. He had great players and did nothing with them. 
Trying to connect the dots on your thinking here. I don't follow UC, but you're saying - just because another coach does well - that means the coach before was overrated?

I'd have to go back and look at how many great players Cronin had, but I can't recall anyone ever having UC as a favorite to win - what satisfies you? Conference tile? NCAA? - much of anything.

Trying to connect the dots on your thinking here. I don't follow UC, but you're saying - just because another coach does well - that means the coach before was overrated?

I'd have to go back and look at how many great players Cronin had, but I can't recall anyone ever having UC as a favorite to win - what satisfies you? Conference tile? NCAA? - much of anything.
My question to you since you seek to think Mick was so great is: What makes Mick so great?

He wasn’t a bad coach, but he was extremely milquetoast. Every school in a major conference should be striving to play in the Sweet 16. Especially if you consider yourself a basketball school. In a basketball town. In the hotspot of the country for college basketball. 

Mick was bland, vanilla. He left and half the fans were glad he left. And so far, his replacement has done exactly what Mick has done. 

Bottom line is Mick was extremely overrated. Still is. He couldn’t beat his crosstown rival. He couldn’t get to the second weekend of the tourney. He turned UC into the second best team in the city and arguably the 4th or 5th best team in the state. 

So I ask again: Why is Mick considered so great?

My question to you since you seek to think Mick was so great is: What makes Mick so great?

He wasn’t a bad coach, but he was extremely milquetoast. Every school in a major conference should be striving to play in the Sweet 16. Especially if you consider yourself a basketball school. In a basketball town. In the hotspot of the country for college basketball. 

Mick was bland, vanilla. He left and half the fans were glad he left. And so far, his replacement has done exactly what Mick has done. 

Bottom line is Mick was extremely overrated. Still is. He couldn’t beat his crosstown rival. He couldn’t get to the second weekend of the tourney. He turned UC into the second best team in the city and arguably the 4th or 5th best team in the state. 

So I ask again: Why is Mick considered so great?
I never said Cronin was great. I was just trying to connect the dots on your logic - that, because the new guys does well, it "proves" the last guy was overrated. That seems a huge leap to me.

Good luck to you & shuke on this.

I never said Cronin was great. I was just trying to connect the dots on your logic - that, because the new guys does well, it "proves" the last guy was overrated. That seems a huge leap to me.

Good luck to you & shuke on this.
I thought I just laid out in the above post why? The current coach is doing just as well as Mick. Meanwhile, Mick is struggling at UCLA. 

I don't know what this thing with Mick is, but both Colgate and Bowling Green are winning their respective conferences. Half of Colgate's losses were to power conference teams and Bowling Green is 13-2 when the best player is healthy - only losses to LSU and earlier this week @ Central Michigan. Tulane sucks though.

I don't know what this thing with Mick is, but both Colgate and Bowling Green are winning their respective conferences. Half of Colgate's losses were to power conference teams and Bowling Green is 13-2 when the best player is healthy - only losses to LSU and earlier this week @ Central Michigan. Tulane sucks though.
UC is at least as good as they were for the past decade. It’s not often a first year coach can do that in a decent conference. 

For the record, I wasn’t trying to be a jerk or anything. I thought we were just having fun talking about Mick. I honestly meant no ill will and apologize if it came across that way, GB. 

I feel like lately my tone is coming off way more hostile than I mean it to be. 

Why are you so bitter with me all of a sudden, GB? We may disagree on Mick, but I still love you as a person. 
I’m not bitter buddy.  I just don’t understand your logic on this one.  Mick saved this program.  We disagree on how good he was, that’s all.  Peace.  

What an amazing game.  Duke got every call (I think) and I didn't care cause Carolina has no shot at anything anyway.  Fun game.

Awesome game. One of the ugliest yet beautiful games in recent memory. UNC is going to be a tough out in the NIT if they play that hard for the rest of the year. 

Ted Valentine should get a perma-ban from ever refereeing another game after that game. He single-handedly destroyed the last 3 minutes of that overtime. 

Heels needed to make FTs and box out, but horrific officiating at the end there. I think Rex Chapman should change his “block or charge?” meme to a “Duke ball?” meme. 

Did they even review it?  Holy #### that was horrible.  
A few things here. They can't review it because it was a cylinder call. The NCAA's response to defenders sticking their face into a guys elbow to draw technical fouls. Two, he didn't even elbow him. His own guy hit him and it looks like a flop. If this was reversed, people would be calling Duke out for flopping. So even if they don't call a foul, Duke has the ball with 14 seconds left, up 3 and FSU needs to foul. And even if they do call a foul, FSU is still down 3 with 14 seconds left, hardly stealing a victory from FSU. Four, a minute earlier, FSU got the ball awarded to them incorrectly on an out of bounds call that the refs actually reviewed. I mean, calling out a singular call at the end of the game seems a bit disingenuous, no?

Proof of the 'elbow'

https://twitter.com/DukeDigest/status/1227060527169359872

Last edited by a moderator:
A few things here. They can't review it because it was a cylinder call. The NCAA's response to defenders sticking their face into a guys elbow to draw technical fouls. Two, he didn't even elbow him. His own guy hit him and it looks like a flop. If this was reversed, people would be calling Duke out for flopping. So even if they don't call a foul, Duke has the ball with 14 seconds left, up 3 and FSU needs to foul. And even if they do call a foul, FSU is still down 3 with 14 seconds left, hardly stealing a victory from FSU. Four, a minute earlier, FSU got the ball awarded to them incorrectly on an out of bounds call that the refs actually reviewed. I mean, calling out a singular call at the end of the game seems a bit disingenuous, no?

Proof of the 'elbow'

https://twitter.com/DukeDigest/status/1227060527169359872
Lots of video and still pictures that show this exact thing. And of course all the Duke haters go into cricket mode now  :lol:   Due mostly to UNC's suckitude, FSU was the last ranked team on Duke's schedule. Shows how down the ACC is this year. 

Worst case scenario for duke was that hurt was called for a travel and fsu gets the ball. As video showed, the kid didn't make any contact when he turned. (Or as some would say "threw an elbow")

I'm just beyond shocked he actually got that rebound. Hurt is probably the softest player in duke history. Not sure he'd get 10 boards a game in my Sunday morning league

Users who are viewing this thread