What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

NCAA HOOPS THREAD! -- K petitions to get Maui Jim Maui Invitational moved to Transylvania (1 Viewer)

Who is worse?

• Total voters
Unless there are a lot of players over the age of 60 or suffering from heart issues, yes, it would be.  It would be like cancelling the tournament because a certain amount of people would die on the way to the games in car accidents.  
This has nothing to do with the players getting the virus.  If it did, they'd cancel the games.  The players are still going to play the games and swap spit and sweat on the court.  They're banning attendance to prevent 100s of thousands of people across the country from exchanging microbes with each other over a month long period.

This has nothing to do with the players getting the virus.  If it did, they'd cancel the games.  The players are still going to play the games and swap spit and sweat on the court.  They're banning attendance to prevent 100s of thousands of people across the country from exchanging microbes with each other over a month long period.
I understand that. I look forward to doing this every flu season. You know, for everyone’s safety. 

Turn off breitbart and see what’s going on around the world. 
First off, we can disagree. Just because we don’t agree doesn’t mean we have to hate each other. 

Second, it’s well documented on this site that I’m an Independent who has voted Democrat way more than I’ve ever voted Republican. I do find it funny that over my 15 years on this site, both sides have accused me of being far left or far right. :lol:

My advice to you, GB, is don’t resort to name calling and political attacks the first second someone has a different view than you. At this point, there is no right answer. You can have your opinion and I can have mine. And that’s fine. Let’s just enjoy basketball and bask in the glory that my opinion is slightly more right than yours, most likely. ;)

think I get having the NCAA tournament (although put me in the camp of believing it will be postponed), but why are we doing the NIT? I'm even a fan of a likely NIT team whose normal opinion would be like "cool, let's have the team get some postseason reps." But, like, we don't need this. Shut the NIT down.

First off, we can disagree. Just because we don’t agree doesn’t mean we have to hate each other. 

Second, it’s well documented on this site that I’m an Independent who has voted Democrat way more than I’ve ever voted Republican. I do find it funny that over my 15 years on this site, both sides have accused me of being far left or far right. :lol:

My advice to you, GB, is don’t resort to name calling and political attacks the first second someone has a different view than you. At this point, there is no right answer. You can have your opinion and I can have mine. And that’s fine. Let’s just enjoy basketball and bask in the glory that my opinion is slightly more right than yours, most likely. ;)
I mean there is disagreeing and then there is saying this is the same thing as driving your car to the game while the president somberly breaks more news and the nba cancels their season. But it’s all good. Best of health to you. 

think I get having the NCAA tournament (although put me in the camp of believing it will be postponed), but why are we doing the NIT? I'm even a fan of a likely NIT team whose normal opinion would be like "cool, let's have the team get some postseason reps." But, like, we don't need this. Shut the NIT down.
Because if you shut down the NIT you have to shut down the ncaa. If a player catches corona from the NCAA after they canceled the NIT it shows more willful negligence. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Because if you shut down the NIT you have to shut down the ncaa. If a player catches corona from the NCAA after they canceled the NIT it shows more willing negligence. 
Yeah, I think you're right. That's where my mind was going. It's pretty callous, but I think it's right.

Everything is going to get cancelled at this point.  Grew up a Dayton fan and my folks still have season tickets.  This is a dream season that the fans may never see the likes of again.

I don't mean that to sound selfish, just interesting the little things that this will have an effect on.

Everything is going to get cancelled at this point.  Grew up a Dayton fan and my folks still have season tickets.  This is a dream season that the fans may never see the likes of again.

I don't mean that to sound selfish, just interesting the little things that this will have an effect on.
Sure. FSU too. We’ll never have a team this good again. They were going to be in Tampa next week and I was super excited to go. It sucks. 

NCAAT is toast.
It almost has to be. There were articles this morning/yesterday about "what if a player gets it during the tournament." With the news out of the NBA, we know what will happen. I bet the entire money in the NCAA TV contract that Turner/CBS is on the horn with the NCAA trying to get this thing postponed. They can't push it too far or all the NBA prospects (weirdly enough, there won't be that many in this years tournament if it ever happens) will probably elect not to play.

I mean there is disagreeing and then there is saying this is the same thing as driving your car to the game while the president somberly breaks more news and the nba cancels their season. But it’s all good. Best of health to you. 
You just have to keep digging, don’t you? Your opinion is the only acceptable one or the other person is a right wing nut. Duly noted. Just remember, as in the past, I’m the one being cordial. 

It’s not about the fans. It’s about the kids playing. 

You just have to keep digging, don’t you? Your opinion is the only acceptable one or the other person is a right wing nut. Duly noted. Just remember, as in the past, I’m the one being cordial. 
Where did I call you a right wing nut in that post? How did you even imply that. 

Same as an SDSU fan :kicksrock:

It’s not about the fans. It’s about the kids playing. 
That's pretty much exactly my point. I'd take it a step further. Those kids have a 99.8% chance of being fine even if they're infected. I'm worried about the people they come into contact with who don't have such high odds. And the coaches/commentators/refs.

Where did I call you a right wing nut in that post? How did you even imply that. 
When you told me to step away from Brietbart. Or were you just concerned I was doing to much reading and that was just a random news site you said? I’m sure you didn’t realize the connotation. That’s my bad. 

That's pretty much exactly my point. I'd take it a step further. Those kids have a 99.8% chance of being fine even if they're infected. I'm worried about the people they come into contact with who don't have such high odds. And the coaches/commentators/refs.
Unless you are 70+ and/or have another illness, the mortality rate is slightly higher than the flu. 

When you told me to step away from Brietbart. Or were you just concerned I was doing to much reading and that was just a random news site you said? I’m sure you didn’t realize the connotation. That’s my bad. 
That’s was the previous post. Then you said I kept digging. I didn’t say anything in the next post. :shrug:  

Unless you are 70+ and/or have another illness, the mortality rate is slightly higher than the flu. 
Right but a lot of people are over 70 and a lot of healthy people know those folks and we have a duty as a society not to let this spread to them. I have my 75-year-old type I mom sitting next to me right now. She’s terrified. 

If they cancel the tournament, I’m declaring UC the national champs and flaunting it in your face that Mick was overrated. 

Right but a lot of people are over 70 and a lot of healthy people know those folks and we have a duty as a society not to let this spread to them. I have my 75-year-old type I mom sitting next to me right now. She’s terrified. 
Again, it’s slightly more deadly than the flu at this point. Take a deep breath. Old people and the flu is a horrible combination. Kills thousands every year. Yet we’ve never cancelled sports because of that. 

Fred Hoiberg taken to the hospital after looking terrible on the sideline (sickness, not performance). Forget March Madness, are these conference tournaments going to continue?

I think I may need a break from this place again. This virus stuff has brought politics into the main page again and it sucks. 

I understand that. I look forward to doing this every flu season. You know, for everyone’s safety. 
I responded to your comment about the athletes being young and healthy, so you’re kind of moving the goalposts now. It’s obvious to everyone paying attention that this is far different than a seasonal flu. Do you think the ncaa and nba would give up tens or hundreds of millions of dollars because they’re not as smart as you are? You’re mocking the decision and saying it’s an overreaction but you personally have no skin in it, unlike the people making these incredibly difficult decisions, huge sacrifices, with real lives and livelihoods on the line.  That takes a pretty high level of arrogance my friend. 

Season's gotta be over, right?  Sucks.
Less than 24 hours ago I was of the opinion there was only a remote chance NCAA tourney would get outright cancelled.  Now?  That feels the most likely scenario.  If Hoiberg tests as positive, it’s over.  Regardless, it almost has to be cancelled.

The WAC tournament quarterfinal between Bakersfield and Grand Canyon has been postponed until Thursday morning "due to a medical situation."

There will also be a meeting between WAC presidents and ADs on Thursday morning regarding any further tournament decisions.

Fred Hoiberg taken to the hospital after looking terrible on the sideline (sickness, not performance). Forget March Madness, are these conference tournaments going to continue?

Hoiberg looked in real bad shape. Has a heart ailment already. Hope he gets better ASAP
Hoiberg is the tipping point to me (even though the Clones won't be in the 68 team tourney) just as Gobert was for NBA.  If "it" is IN the league/tourney/whatever, league/tourney/whatever is off for he forseeable.

I'll be shocked if conference tourneys continue on Friday, let alone NCAAs next week.

SEC as well. Guessing the others do the same within the next hour. It's over.

Obviously there are going to be people with much more serious problems, but this freaking sucks. My favorite 3 weeks of the year....

SEC as well. Guessing the others do the same within the next hour. It's over.

Obviously there are going to be people with much more serious problems, but this freaking sucks. My favorite 3 weeks of the year....
Definitely sucks. Right move, especially seeing how it hit the Jazz and some euro soccer players. Imagine that happening to some unpaid college kid. 

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread