What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

*** Need some help with FBG Mock Wednesday Night (1 Viewer)

Will Grant

Prince of Insufficient Light
Hey guys,

We're trying to put together a couple mock drafts as part of the pre-season. A lot of the guys on staff are traveling or with Family this week and we're a couple slots short of the draft tomorrow night.

Here's the details -

12-team non-PPR/6-pts pass TDs Draft (22 rounds / Starters - 1 QB, 2 RBs, 3 WRs, 1 TE, 2 flex, 1 PK, 1 Def)

Wednesday, June 6, 9:00 PM EDT

Dodds may have a question or two about your picks after the draft.

If you're interested - shoot me an email, pm or just reply here.

Thanks,

Will

One of the few nights I don't have anything going on...I'd be interested in helping out....
Great! - You're in. Shoot me a PM with your email or email me (grant@footballguys.com) and I'll add you to the link. I'll send out a link from MFL.

Still have room if anyone else is interested - SR if you know someone, pass them along.

Thanks,

Will

Yeah - 9:00 PM tonight

If you're in - shoot me your email via PM or grant@footballguys.com

assume this is with the mentality of a redraft head to head league where you would pick your starting lineup....not best ball...

I'm 80% sure I will be free at 9pm, but I can't commit yet. I guess put me as a backup?
Ok - Gamma - you and Andy have both said you're on the fence - either of you can have the last spot... just let me know.I'll send a PM too.

couple thoughts on last night....

big part of this draft was that it was not PPR....had it been PPR things may have been a lot different

also the start 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2Flex....made things interesting although not sure everybody really thought much about it....when looking at the rosters that 2 Flex starters thing might change the way you feel about some teams...

at the 4 hole my intentions were going to be to take Rodgers, but Cecil squashed that taking Rodgers at 1.01....I see some benefit in grabbing one of the top 4-5 guys early this year in a head to head leagues...

I think I am seriously gonna start taking a longer look at Matt Ryan....he lasted until the 8th round (8.03) last night....if you don't get a top guy early I think he may offer tremendous value that late....I thought about taking him earlier but the only reason I didn't was because he shared a bye week with the guy I already had on board (Vick)...looking at his situation I think he could have a monster year....he has two top 10 talents in Roddy and Julio and Tony G can still get it done....I think we saw last year that Turner is not necessarily the focal point of an offense anymore and I could see ATL just trying to abuse people through the air....they are in a high octane division with CAR and NO....getting Ryan 6-7 rounds later than the top guys might be a bargain...

Colston in the 6th seemed like value with Meachem gone....Bowe and DeSean Jackson went in that area as well....seems like some meat left at WR in those rounds.....especially non ppr...

DHB lasted to the 10th which was a little surprising...

for a guy that will start the year on PUP and may not really contribute....thought Mendy still went early (11th)

Sam Bradford must have really pissed some people off last year...I think his talent is better than a 14th rounder

Dwilly a full 3 rounds and change after Jstew....hmmmm....that might be the play when looking at those two...

Randy Moss crashes the party in round 8 going ahead of some other guys (Holmes, Boldin, Rice, Little, DHB, etc)...

Sproles plummets to the 5th round in non PPR...

for a guy that will start the year on PUP and may not really contribute....thought Mendy still went early (11th)
That was Me. Part of the issue was that my internet kept dropping - It dropped 6 times in the first 90 minutes or so of the draft, but would reset after a minute or two - so you'll see from the draft list that I started pre-drafting about 6 picks out, just in case I failed at the wrong time. That being said, no :ptts: here. By that point, I had DMAC, Charles, Sproles, and MBush so I figured I'd just add some depth for later in the year. I probably could have waited another round or two or taken Quizz at that point.

As I noted in the draft room - the biggest observation that I had was that it seems like there was a lot of temptation to add rookie WRs to my roster. Each time a pick would come up, I'd have to remind myself that most rookie WRs don't do much in the first year. Maybe it's from watching too many OTA films or being in too many dynasty leagues but I feel like once the middle of the draft hits, there are a lot of rookie WRs that feel like they could be solid #2's on their team when the season starts.

As I noted in the draft room - the biggest observation that I had was that it seems like there was a lot of temptation to add rookie WRs to my roster. Each time a pick would come up, I'd have to remind myself that most rookie WRs don't do much in the first year. Maybe it's from watching too many OTA films or being in too many dynasty leagues but I feel like once the middle of the draft hits, there are a lot of rookie WRs that could be solid #2's on their team when the season starts.

Is there any intentions doing another Mock Draft? If so, I'd like to throw my name in the hat.

Users who are viewing this thread