What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Need some insight on a matter (1 Viewer)

:lol:  that was quite the stream of consciousness posting right there

Intrigued about not being able to drive. Can you elaborate on this please?

Please disregard our conversation in the “Dallas cutting Dez” thread. Clearly you have more important matters to contend with. 

Anyway I've been planning to cut him off for good but maybe I'm an ####### but I use him because he drives and I don't. Also he's one of the few friends I kind of have that is available. My friends some are dead do to OD's, married with kids or have jobs and our schedules don't line up ever. Should I stick with him till I end up driving and cut him off cold turkey or cut him off now. If I cut him off now should I say something to him or basically ghost him, or maybe lie how I'm just super busy when he wants to do something? I should say the dude is gonna be 33 in Nov but he acts like he's some Middle school entitled brat who thinks he knows everything. 

All jokes aside, if this is true you need to work on not being an awful person. 

Oh and it’s clearly time to come out of the closet and tell your buddy that you’re breaking up with him. 

I actually don't blame @DJackson10 for avoiding the thread since starting it. 
I just learn to ignore the ignorant comments. If you don't care about a thread no need to lash out insults and act like a child. I also dealt with people like this on my old board. I found it was better to ignore many of them then waste my time in a pissing match to get their jimmies off. 

Last edited by a moderator:

I'm Autistic and have Apsergers so my reaction time and such isn't what a "Normal" person without this would have. I've found some Defensive Driving companies that if I pass my permit test to get a permit I could go out with them and they can give me a better idea if I would be able to drive or not. I've gotten around with either people driving me, public or using uber. Also I never really needed a car or licenses as I went to Community college and the College was a 20 min bus ride. My job that I've had since the end of Jr year (going on my 14 anniversary there at the end of June) is in walking distance as well. So for me there was never as well that NEED TO DRIVE type thing others would've needed. 

I'm Autistic and have Apsergers so my reaction time and such isn't what a "Normal" person without this would have. I've found some Defensive Driving companies that if I pass my permit test to get a permit I could go out with them and they can give me a better idea if I would be able to drive or not. I've gotten around with either people driving me, public or using uber. Also I never really needed a car or licenses as I went to Community college and the College was a 20 min bus ride. My job that I've had since the end of Jr year (going on my 14 anniversary there at the end of June) is in walking distance as well. So for me there was never as well that NEED TO DRIVE type thing others would've needed. 
That makes sense, thank you. That was pertinent info, IMO. 

And I agree with @STEADYMOBBIN 22. If you're serious about this, man up and stop using your "friend" as a taxi if you know you're going to cut ties with him after securing other transportation. It's hard to know the dynamic (from his side as well as yours), but you're doing both of you a great disservice with the current arrangement, IMO. 

I just learn to ignore the ignorant comments. If you don't care about a thread no need to lash out insults and act like a child. I also dealt with people like this on my old board. I found it was better to ignore many of them then waste my time in a pissing match to get their jimmies off. 
We kid because we love.

All jokes aside, if this is true you need to work on not being an awful person. 

Oh and it’s clearly time to come out of the closet and tell your buddy that you’re breaking up with him. 
As usual Reading comprehension doesn't seem like cowboys fans dealing quality. All joking aside did you even read the part about how it's always about him, how he insulted my other buddy after his mom had died and nothing is ever his fault? I'm starting to think the guy has something mentally wrong with him like Bi-polar (His dad was diagnosed with it about 4-5 yrs ago) or I blame the parenting for not letting him mature and giving into him all the time. His dad was always the yes guy taking us to games and stuff and my other friend and I didn't feel comfortable at times about it. He even complains about having to work retail when he has a SPorts management degree from PSU. his problem was he wasn't a proactive student (Very lazy), he doesn't have the personality you need in the field to network or made some friends, and it helps if you know people. He left a very nice job working for Camden Riversharks who disbanded not long ago but the guy he became friends with went on to work for an MLB team in their minors system. Didn't stay connected with the guy. I told him you may not like the job but something good could come out of it. 

As usual Reading comprehension doesn't seem like cowboys fans dealing quality. All joking aside did you even read the part about how it's always about him, how he insulted my other buddy after his mom had died and nothing is ever his fault? I'm starting to think the guy has something mentally wrong with him like Bi-polar (His dad was diagnosed with it about 4-5 yrs ago) or I blame the parenting for not letting him mature and giving into him all the time. His dad was always the yes guy taking us to games and stuff and my other friend and I didn't feel comfortable at times about it. He even complains about having to work retail when he has a SPorts management degree from PSU. his problem was he wasn't a proactive student (Very lazy), he doesn't have the personality you need in the field to network or made some friends, and it helps if you know people. He left a very nice job working for Camden Riversharks who disbanded not long ago but the guy he became friends with went on to work for an MLB team in their minors system. Didn't stay connected with the guy. I told him you may not like the job but something good could come out of it. 

No. No, I did not.

I certainly hope it all works out for you. I look forward to discussing football with you. Have a great day. 

That makes sense, thank you. That was pertinent info, IMO. 

And I agree with @STEADYMOBBIN 22. If you're serious about this, man up and stop using your "friend" as a taxi if you know you're going to cut ties with him after securing other transportation. It's hard to know the dynamic (from his side as well as yours), but you're doing both of you a great disservice with the current arrangement, IMO. 
Kind of agree but unlike him I can admit where I'm wrong. I think a lot of it tends to be how he was raised. Never really expected to do much chores wise, parents let him do whatever he wanted and always yes'd him. Outside of a few interests we have nothing in common. He also became friends with this guy who basically mooched off him at work. Nice guy but went through a separation with finance and kids involved. Never seems to have enough money but if he stopped wasting it on #### he didn't need he'd have money. He owes my friend by my calculations about $2K from lunch/dinner meals, tickets for sporting events, rides home, etc. One of my buddies worst qualities is he holds these sports talk radio opinions like gospel truth as well as incredible hypocrital and pig headed. Nothing ever is his fault. 

No. No, I did not.

I certainly hope it all works out for you. I look forward to discussing football with you. Have a great day. 
I just want you to know I'm only messing with you. One of the few Cowboy fans I know I can have a discussion with. 

I'd rather not cut him completely off that's the thing. I can still go and enjoy a sporting event with him and we tend to see Springsteen almost every year when he comes to Philly. So I do enjoy those things with him. His other issue is he's too much by the book won't take chances. If you read the Eagles thread and I talked about my experience at the Parade this friend scolded for what he believed I was too drunk. I told him to lighten up Francis we just won the SB I'm gonna get drunk if I want too. Plus that's not even anywhere close to as drunk as I ever been. I wish he'd take more risks. 

Last edited by a moderator:
I should just make this clear and not using it to play victim but do to my Autistism it's hard for me to see what's a joke at times and what's mean spirited. 
My jokes are never ever mean spirited. 

Your post was a pretty long winded stream of  consciousnes but I did read it. Yes, all of it. 

I came away away that you should either accept your friend for his “faults” as you have your own “faults” as do we all.  If you don’t think you can continue to be his friend the way he acts currently, maybe you should try talking with him and expressing your concerns. If you don’t have that type of friendship to begin with, then you aren’t really that good of friends. 

Even if your friend is a Narcissistic jerk wad with zero accountability, I don’t think you should use him for rides.

My jokes are never ever mean spirited. 

Your post was a pretty long winded stream of  consciousnes but I did read it. Yes, all of it. 

I came away away that you should either accept your friend for his “faults” as you have your own “faults” as do we all.  If you don’t think you can continue to be his friend the way he acts currently, maybe you should try talking with him and expressing your concerns. If you don’t have that type of friendship to begin with, then you aren’t really that good of friends. 

Even if your friend is a Narcissistic jerk wad with zero accountability, I don’t think you should use him for rides.
My other buddy at the time who I no longer see and I tried doing this with him. Almost like an intervention and it didn't work. Heck this is a guy after the NHL lockout My other buddy and I went to the Home opener without him and he screamed at us and wanted a "Meeting". The issue there was we both worked with a guy who was in my grade huge Flyers fan. before the lockout ended or when we realized we'd have hockey we talked of getting opening night tickets. Well my Co workers dad got him tickets for him and his dad and didn't realize he was taking me and another friend. Last minute I told my buddy hey lets check online and see if we can find any reasonable ticket price for the game if not we won't worry about it I can come over and we can watch the game. Well we found tickets. He told this friend now that we went to game and explained what happened. Dude went ham.

It's probably just best to end it but I'm thinking of just doing it over the phone. The issue with even doing any of this is he's gonna BS to his parents why we aren't friends as he did with out other buddy. They just think the dude was ignorant and called off a friendship without an explanation or goodbye since this guy acted Stupid about not knowing why it ended. I work in retail and see his parents routinely so it'd be a little awkward. Plus I'm kinda of friends with his sister since she knows a lot of my friends. I could break off the friendship and next time I see his dad in the store explain why we don't hang out anymore. Maybe give him insight why our other buddy hasn't talked to him in like 9 yrs. My concern is maybe it's not him exactly the problem and he has some mental illness that has never been taken care of. My Uncle is Bi Polar and like I said friends dad. I've seen a few examples of him possible having it over the yrs. Honestly I don't know why they didn't do this but after his dad was diagnosed with it the Drs should've told him to have both his kids tested as it's been recommended by Drs depending on severity for you that you shouldn't have your own kids and if you want kids either adopt or another way. However that shouldn't really be my business either. 

Holy crap, I actually thought I tried to understand but somehow I completely missed the whole part about driving. I think I was trying so hard to figure out which friend was which in that horrible post.

As the father of someone on the spectrum I can understand where you're coming from. 

Having said that, I agree with @Nathan R. Jessep. Don't use the man if you're going to cut ties with him.

I'm only here because i forum search dentist from time to time to see if anyone needs advice or if there's a thread about dumps.... and this popped up.

tl;dr

As the father of someone on the spectrum I can understand where you're coming from. 

Having said that, I agree with @Nathan R. Jessep. Don't use the man if you're going to cut ties with him.
I agree. I've always felt of trying to be so justice warrior for my other friend. Not even sure I just didn't cut ties or pull back from the amount of stuff I did with the guy after all of that. I couldn't tell you how much money I've probably wasted hanging out with him. Recently for me I'm trying to save money so if I am able to drive have some money to put down on a decent car (My preference would be a small jeep as it'd be good for winter here in Philly) if I end up being able to drive. However he just doesn't seem to understanding the whole SAVING MONEY ASPECT. Another reason I think I need to cut ties with him is he's way too liberal with his money. Also doesn't quite understand he makes more then me and when I bring it up he brings up maybe getting another job. Ok easier for you to say who's incredible lucky when you get a job after being let got from 5-6 already and you have a car. Not easy for me plus I need something with benefits especially medical so I can see my psychologist/Primary DR and Dentist.   

Users who are viewing this thread