What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

New CBS Commissioner Layout (1 Viewer)

ceo3west

Footballguy
Why does everything have to mirror facebook now? This format is HORRIBLE for a fantasy league. Had we known about this my league never would have renewed.

I think you guys need to settle down and realize that its just the home page for the league that's changed. Same info, placed differently.

Once you get into the team and stats page, same as day one.

I think you guys need to settle down and realize that its just the home page for the league that's changed. Same info, placed differently.Once you get into the team and stats page, same as day one.
No, it's absolutely horrible. I want to see everything on my homepage, I don't need a facebook feed of every ### #### player staring me in the face. I had my old page setup exactly the way I wanted. Standings, commish message, message board, player news exactly where I wanted it in full view. This is a ### #### disgrace. :hot: :thumbdown:

I think you guys need to settle down and realize that its just the home page for the league that's changed. Same info, placed differently.

No, it's absolutely horrible. I want to see everything on my homepage, I don't need a facebook feed of every ### #### player staring me in the face. I had my old page setup exactly the way I wanted. Standings, commish message, message board, player news exactly where I wanted it in full view. This is a ### #### disgrace.

:hot: :thumbdown:
My link

No, it's absolutely horrible. I want to see everything on my homepage, I don't need a facebook feed of every ### #### player staring me in the face. I had my old page setup exactly the way I wanted. Standings, commish message, message board, player news exactly where I wanted it in full view. This is a ### #### disgrace.

My link
My link

There should be a way to move transactions to the league home page.
They're there on the main 'fantasy feed' tab... click on the tab that says 'transactions' to see only that.
I shouldn't have to click to see them. Transactions are as important as standings. They should be pinned in a prominent place.
:goodposting: Along with a lot of other stuff. No biggie if they gave us the option to edit the page.

My link
Change is not always for the better

I wonder if the 'Fantasy Feed' will show all the new information from the different tabs as it comes in. Otherwise, what's the difference between Fantasy Feed and My Players?

I wonder if the 'Fantasy Feed' will show all the new information from the different tabs as it comes in. Otherwise, what's the difference between Fantasy Feed and My Players?
None that I can see. The problem I see happening is the news feed will push league business out of sight. This will happen quicker once the games start. A commissioner's message I posted yesterday for Serious Business has already scrolled halfway down the page.

None that I can see. The problem I see happening is the news feed will push league business out of sight. This will happen quicker once the games start. A commissioner's message I posted yesterday for Serious Business has already scrolled halfway down the page.
Yeah, this is one of those ideas that sounds cool, but sucks in actual implementation. At the very least, they need to collapse the player news and allow you to expand as needed. Otherwise it takes up waaaaaaaaay too much room and makes everything else irrelevant.

'Eephus said:
The problem I see happening is the news feed will push league business out of sight.
:goodposting:None of this would be a problem if they allowed you to customize like they used to.

We have year's of league news that is loading on my front page. I can't even scroll to the bottom of the page because it just keeps on loading.

'Billy Bats said:
'Limp Ditka said:
I think you guys need to settle down and realize that its just the home page for the league that's changed. Same info, placed differently.Once you get into the team and stats page, same as day one.
No, it's absolutely horrible. I want to see everything on my homepage, I don't need a facebook feed of every ### #### player staring me in the face. I had my old page setup exactly the way I wanted. Standings, commish message, message board, player news exactly where I wanted it in full view. This is a ### #### disgrace. :hot: :thumbdown:
It's basically unusable now.

'Eephus said:
'rodg12 said:
anything important? When are waivers anyway?

email sent as well. Horrible change to what was a very efficient site.

Biggest gripe is the message board. Our league is a 23 move style where we post our moves on the message board for the commish to put through. There's no uniform structure to the board now and no timestamp on the posts so there is no way to know what order the moves were put in or if they were made in time for that days game.

It was so easy to see everything you needed to see in a glance the old way. Now it's multiple clicks to find what you need.

Bad planning.

email sent as well. Horrible change to what was a very efficient site.Biggest gripe is the message board. Our league is a 23 move style where we post our moves on the message board for the commish to put through. There's no uniform structure to the board now and no timestamp on the posts so there is no way to know what order the moves were put in or if they were made in time for that days game. It was so easy to see everything you needed to see in a glance the old way. Now it's multiple clicks to find what you need. Bad planning.
I tweeted at Sportsline's dopey GM last night, although very politely. Deleted today. :lmao:twitter.com/cyberjournalist

I emailed Fantrax about offering a special promo to lure CBS customers. They promptly responded.

Our premium version is already very affordable at $59.95 (don't getfooled by the low price, it has nothing to do with the quality of theservice). Depending on your league settings, you might even get by withthe free version, which is also extremely rich in features andfunctionality. What we do offer, is a free Premium league for CBScustomers who have already paid them for this season but would ratherplay and start building their history on Fantrax. If you have alreadypaid their fees, please send us proof and we will waive your Premiumleague fee. Also, have a look at the Feature Comparison and New Featurespages and you will likely be very intrigued. And of course, let us knowif you have any other questions.Thanks,GeraldThe Fantrax Team
If I'm reading that correctly they will waive their premium package fee if you show proof of CBS purchase.

I emailed Fantrax about offering a special promo to lure CBS customers. They promptly responded.

Our premium version is already very affordable at $59.95 (don't getfooled by the low price, it has nothing to do with the quality of theservice). Depending on your league settings, you might even get by withthe free version, which is also extremely rich in features andfunctionality. What we do offer, is a free Premium league for CBScustomers who have already paid them for this season but would ratherplay and start building their history on Fantrax. If you have alreadypaid their fees, please send us proof and we will waive your Premiumleague fee. Also, have a look at the Feature Comparison and New Featurespages and you will likely be very intrigued. And of course, let us knowif you have any other questions.Thanks,GeraldThe Fantrax Team
If I'm reading that correctly they will waive their premium package fee if you show proof of CBS purchase.
That's sweet let us know if that happens.

Does anyone use the site and recommend it? Might be worth checking out anyway if that offer is true.

Does anyone use the site and recommend it? Might be worth checking out anyway if that offer is true.
I'm signing up to use the free trial along with my co-commissioner to see how it works for the first couple weeks. I've setup my rules and a few teams and so far it looks good. Also found a few added options that CBS doesn't have for our league, hoping there won't be any drawbacks.

Last edited by a moderator:

My league has a lot of dinosaurs and the prospect of acclimating them all to a new site for this season is not worth the trouble. I mainly contacted Fantrax out of anger towards CBS. Posted this info on CBS' message board as well. Some interest there among the posters with a few of them saying they have received the same offer. Also told Fantrax they should email all their existing customers this offer because they likely are in CBS leagues as well. I just noticed a few adjustments to the CBS layout. The commish message is back. Baby steps. I'll likely switch sites next season. Remember switching my football league from CBS to MFL 3-4 years ago and wondering why I never did it sooner. Just been lazy in getting my baseball league to switch sites. CBS' fee of $160 is just a ripoff. Now they've pissed everyone off enough that they will gladly put in the effort to seek out a new host.

Thanks for saying what I was feeling.

Has anyone took taken advantage of the fantrax offer

Really sucks they took live scoring off the homepage
back now
:confused: Where?And for those that don't know since CBS won't tell you and they hide options... under the "Fantasy Feed" tab on the homepage, you can now hide the player updates. Click right next to player news, and an option will come up to hide all players news.
top. Pretty cool
that's not where I would have expected it but the net effect is the same. This setting coupled with expanding the commissioners message and player news windows in the right pane sort of makes the page the functional equivalent of the old page (except for the ability to customize or save settings). Two steps back, one step forward.

Really sucks they took live scoring off the homepage
back now
:confused: Where? And for those that don't know since CBS won't tell you and they hide options... under the "Fantasy Feed" tab on the homepage, you can now hide the player updates. Click right next to player news, and an option will come up to hide all players news.
top. Pretty cool
Oh wow, didnt even notice it. Thanks.

Version 2.1

New League Homepage FeaturesSince we launched our new league homepage we've been hard at work continuing to improve your experience. We asked for your feedback and were thrilled by the great ideas many of you submitted. Below we've highlighted some of the many improvements we've rolled out thanks to your help.Customization of FeedYou now have the option to customize your Fantasy Feed by removing any content types from your main feed (ie you can remove Player News or Transactions). You will still be able to view those content types by selecting them in the navigation. To remove one, hover over the top left of a box, click on the arrow and select the "Remove" option. To return a content type to your feed, select that type from the navigation, hover over one of the boxes, click the arrow and select "Add to Feed."

cores on HomepageIf you are a head-to-head league, we've put a new-and-improved scoreboard for your league right up top on your homepage. As a bonus, all leagues can now see MLB scores through this scoreboard as well.Customization of ToolsYou can choose to open or close any of the tool boxes in the right column (i.e. Commissioner's message, Standings, Player News, etc). The site will remember your choice when you return to the site, and you can change your selection at any time by clicking on the + and - signs to the right of the boxes.

Delete PostsCommissioners now have the ability to delete any posts in your league. Commissioners can do so by hovering over the header in any box, clicking on the arrow that appears and choosing "Delete This Post".Archived League NewsReturned archived league news for certain leagues where old stories didn't import into the new feed.

Player UpdatesWe've shortened the length of player news stories in the main Fantasy Feed and reduced the number of updates.Improved StandingsWe've expanded and improved the display of standings on the homepage for leagues with multiple divisions to include all divisions.

Users who are viewing this thread