What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

New England Patriots vs Pittsburgh Steelers (1 Viewer)

SaintsInDome2006

Footballguy
Hot damn, season's here.

Lots going on:

Antonio Brown

Roethlisberger

Wheaton

Deangelo Williams

Heath

Brady

Dion Lewis

Bolden

Danny A.

Edelman

GRONK

Goodell vs Kraft & the Pats fans.

Can't wait to :banned: tonight.

Discuss.

Last edited by a moderator:
anybody who has Brady must play Brady this week. He throws for 300 yards & 4 td's. If he gets a few deflated balls, he's up to 6 td's & 400 yards.

Any updates on the health of the NE WRs? I have no clue who will actually suit up.
Edelman is healthy and 100%. LaFell on PUP and out at least 6 games. Amendola likely to se a lot more time with Dobson mixed in. Dobson 5-130-2 the last time he faced PIT.

Patriots should be using a lot of 2 TE sets with Gronk and Chandler. Chandler way off the radar in fantasy circles and will be used a lot with LaFell out.

Bolden thought to be the between the tackles, first and second down back with Blount suspended. Lewis expected to get first crack at Faulk/Woodhead/Vereen role. Cadet listed as questionable but might play more as a WR if healthy. IMO, White mostly a back up to everyone else in the backfield. I don't expect a lot of rushing attempts out of NE unless the weather gets ugly or if the Pats get way ahead (both of which could happen). I expect a lot of dink and dunk passes to serve as running game this week.

I fully expect a huge homefield advantage with the banner raising, the post-Deflategate fallout, first game of the year, etc. Pats 42-28 after a garbage time PIT score. Brady in the 400/4 range.

I think we're going to see some weird stuff with conversions, Scobee misses an XP and BB goes for 2 at least once for the helluvit. Fast start in the 1st half and then Pats slam the door shut in the 2nd.

Also, Goodell gets hit in the head with a soft drink bottle.

Dion Lewis shines.

Pats, 36-25.

Last edited by a moderator:
I can't imagine a scenario where the Pats don't score a lot of points. They're gonna be fired up and pissed off and Brady has always played well against the Steelers.

Pats 34, Steelers 21

anybody who has Brady must play Brady this week. He throws for 300 yards & 4 td's. If he gets a few deflated balls, he's up to 6 td's & 400 yards.
He's on my bench tonight.

The weather, the lack of continuity and a few players here and there. Yeah, he probably goes 314 and 2 or something but I doubt he hits 400 and 4 or goes bananas. I hope he does but I don't expect it.

I think we're going to see some weird stuff with conversions, Scobee misses an XP and BB goes for 2 at least once for the helluvit. Fast start in the 1st half and then Pats slam the door shut in the 2nd.

Dion Lewis shines.

Pats, 36-25.
Goodell won't be there.

I'd love the Steelers' chance of winning a shootout if Bell and Bryant were playing. Wish these teams would match up in November instead of week one.

It's not going to take any extra motivation or home-field advantage to make the Steelers' defense look bad this year.

Patriots should win the game and it won't be as close as the score probably looks in the end.

Anarchy99 said:
SaintsInDome2006 said:

Dion Lewis shines.

Pats, 36-25.
Goodell won't be there.
Ack, ok apologies to the league office. For some reason I thought the commish was there usually for the opener and the banner ceremony, I guess not.

Anarchy99 said:
SaintsInDome2006 said:

Dion Lewis shines.

Pats, 36-25.
Goodell won't be there.
Ack, ok apologies to the league office. For some reason I thought the commish was there usually for the opener and the banner ceremony, I guess not.
I believe the commissioner has been at every other season opener but given the Brady court case and Deflategate Roger opted out rather than be booed off the podium.

AuttieFootball said:
I can't imagine a scenario where the Pats don't score a lot of points. They're gonna be fired up and pissed off and Brady has always played well against the Steelers.

Pats 34, Steelers 21
They are going to be fired up and pissed off that they got away with cheating, hmmm OK.

AuttieFootball said:

Pats 34, Steelers 21
They are going to be fired up and pissed off that they got away with cheating, hmmm OK.
You know, the Pats could probably just save themselves the bitterness and anger by not continuously putting themselves in situations which could be misconstrued as cheating, but that would require not skirting the letter of the law, something not in Belichick's beliefs.

AuttieFootball said:

Pats 34, Steelers 21
You know, the Pats could probably just save themselves the bitterness and anger by not continuously putting themselves in situations which could be misconstrued as cheating, but that would require not skirting the letter of the law, something not in Belichick's beliefs.
Guys, how about we keep one thread about football. Plenty of others for you to rail against the Pats.

Pats 41, Steelers 23

AuttieFootball said:

Pats 34, Steelers 21
I don't disagree -- the only thing more annoying is the righteous indignation of the Pats fanbase.

I'm just saying I think Brady plays well in situations like this, and Belichick doesn't take his foot off the gas when he wants to prove a point.

AuttieFootball said:

Pats 34, Steelers 21
Guys, how about we keep one thread about football. Plenty of others for you to rail against the Pats.

Pats 41, Steelers 23
Your future life as a Pats fan. :yes:

Yea baby! Real football is back! Steelers against The Stealers!

Predictions:

Billy B. does a Star Wars promo on the sidelines.

Cameras will show at least one sign that says,"DEFLATE THIS!"

Network will explain new "ball control" procedure and show "guy with the balls" at least four times.

Pre game interview will include the game referee explaining how he'll monitor the "ball guy".

The word "scandal" will be heard on the broadcast AT LEAST a dozen times.

Both teams coaches and quarterbacks will say "we need to establish the run in these conditions" and then both teams will combine for over 100 pass attempts.

The National Anthem will be sung by one the Patriot's new locker room attendants.

And the final score will be? I don't know,I'm not that good at predicting.

Wow...looks like conventional wisdom says the pats and Brady are going to put up giant points tonight...this is sort of making me want to bench him.

AuttieFootball said:

Pats 34, Steelers 21
BB keeps showing how great a coach he is (whether people hate him is another issue). He skirts or bends the rules to try to get an advantage . . . and on then uses the hate against his team from cheating as an extra motivator.

Some (many?) will disagree, but I think we will see an extra motivated Patriots team this year. Brady would have been fired up from Deflategate, but now that the media went and threw the whole organization under the bus over Spygate again, the entire team has something to prove.

And for people that are suggesting how much weaker the 2015 Pats are without Revis, Browner, and Wilfork on the team, they went to 3 straight AFCC games without Revis and Browner and one of those seasons they didn't have Wilfork either (on IR). The Pats have won 12+ games in 5 straight seasons. I expect that streak to continue.

How's Brady's performance been on rainy days?
In 15 career regular season games noted as being played in precipitation, he has averaged 260 passing yards with 22 TD and 8 INT (and 2 rushing TD).
6 of those TD's came in one game in "snow" against The Titans
I hate the Patriots, but it was snowing really hard that day. Like, there was a lot. The Titans quit in the cold and snow. But the point that there's an outlier there is a good one.

Looks like the thunderstorms are supposed to occur before the game. Chances of scattered storms after 8pm down to less than 50%

I'm a little surprised that the Steelers didn't reach out to Bernard Pollard and offer him a roster spot, even if just for this one game.

Asked about "the outside perception that the steelers don't have much of a chance tonight, Roethlisberger replied, 'much of a chance, we have no chance. I don't evenknow why we're going.'"

AuttieFootball said:

Pats 34, Steelers 21

Pats 41, Steelers 23
Your future life as a Pats fan. :yes:
Only if ESPN et al. run a hatchet piece every year to rile up the masses.

Users who are viewing this thread