What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

*New Survivor Leagues 2003* (1 Viewer)

4 left to go, we should get those during the day. Bass, thanx for the reminder. I was going to mention going to Decimal, but I forgot. It is only a checkbox in FLM, so it is absolutely no prob.BlueDredso, We will be drafting in the Mock Draft forum. 12 hr per pick.

Oh, and by the way. I need The Alchemist and Pirate to throw me a second tiebreaker roll. You both have 640, but I need to see who will be first of the two of you.

Oh, and by the way. I need The Alchemist and Pirate to throw me a second tiebreaker roll. You both have 640, but I need to see who will be first of the two of you.
ok.

Just rolled a 67, that should be difficult to beat.

Just 2 spots left. :eek: If you don't make it, please still post here if you want to be an alternate. Otherwise, we will be doing more in a couple of months.I'm out for the day, so I will see ya all later.

Well, so far I think I have the 1st pick in the 2nd league. Unless the remaining 2 to sign up bump me out of it.

There was talk about allowing trades this year higher up on the thread. I would be okay with that. What does everyone else think?
I would be against it. In survivor leagues you draft and thats it. No FA pick ups, no trades, no line ups, no nothing. If everyone else wants trading than thats ok but thats not what a survivor league is about.

Which league am I in? :boxing:
See page 1.Still looking for two more.FM69...I thinking the discussion was trading picks ala FanEx. No trading players once selected and the roster size must be fixed. I think it would be an interesting twist for the spring leagues. You could jump up to get the player you wanted or drop down in round one and select Shane Matthews (aka the Bears strategy).

See page 1.Still looking for two more.FM69...I thinking the discussion was trading picks ala FanEx. No trading players once selected and the roster size must be fixed. I think it would be an interesting twist for the spring leagues. You could jump up to get the player you wanted or drop down in round one and select Shane Matthews (aka the Bears strategy).
If we can only trade draft picks than thats cool. :boxing:

Hope I did the roll right...cause it seems a little low.183.If that's right, means my backfield will be something like...Ricky Williams and Ladell Betts.(Come to think of it, it's my backfield in FBAL :boxing: )
I like the sound of Shaun Alexander and Kevan Barlow better. :boxing:
I like the sound of Bennet, Dillion & Dunn even better than that :boxing:
Did I forget to mention that I absolutely stole TO in the 2nd? :boxing:
My team is still better. :boxing:
You'll be thinking differently come season's end. :boxing:

Time to Rock & Roll!! It'll be the earliest I've ever done a draft too but what a great time for one!! :thumbup:

I would be against it. In survivor leagues you draft and thats it. No FA pick ups, no trades, no line ups, no nothing. If everyone else wants trading than thats ok but thats not what a survivor league is about.
i didn't play in the leagues last year, but i would also be against trading of picks. if for know other reason the bookkeeping.when will we see the list of teams in each league, and where we will draft?

Time to Rock & Roll!! It'll be the earliest I've ever done a draft too but what a great time for one!! :thumbup:
glumpy, i just finished a dynasty draft about 3 weeks ago, good luck. :brush:

I would prefer no trading in a league like this. Maybe we should split it - 1 league with trades & 1 without?Just a thought!

Waiting for 1 more, then I'll post official drafting order and leagues. Let's officially wait until Tuesday to start, to give a little time to organize draft lists according to draft position. I will get threads started in the Mock Draft Forum later today.But it shouldn't change that much from what it is now, however. The leagues will be split down the middle draft roll wise, so Motown will definitely have one #1, and either BlueDredso or Prince Myshken will have the other. Check page 1's opening post for all the rolls, with it just missing Golfing's 874.Not much opposition to trading, so Trading is on, Fan-Ex style. DRAFT PICKS ONLY, with the same number of picks going as coming. Once you have drafted a player, he is yours. End of story. All trades must be justifyable, but I sincerely doubt there will be any problems with it.

Last year was there much discussion and debate on the picks? I think it would be helpful to all if we discuss why we made our picks (without giving away our future plans) and general thoughts on players. Just a thought.

Last year was there much discussion and debate on the picks? I think it would be helpful to all if we discuss why we made our picks (without giving away our future plans) and general thoughts on players. Just a thought.
From the number of people who apparently followed the MBSL drafts, this is obviously one of the bonuses of drafting on the board. While by nature, some discussions must be curtailed to keep strategies secret, the reasoning behind first WR taken, etc. can always be useful to some.

I'm ok with that on a voluntary basis--figure the discussion will go something like:"Aha!! Got him before you trout!! pfffbbbt..." :o It's going to be particularly cool having two drafts going on at once again; one of the things I found most interesting was comparisons at different draft spots where the leagues went off in different directions. It was handy seeing who would be left the following round according the the immediate choices made current round. And some coulda-shoulda seeing the end rosters. :wall: 16 owners 18 rounds really stretches things out--and is some great sleeper prep for other leagues imo.

I'm ok with that on a voluntary basis--figure the discussion will go something like:"Aha!! Got him before you trout!! pfffbbbt..." :o It's going to be particularly cool having two drafts going on at once again; one of the things I found most interesting was comparisons at different draft spots where the leagues went off in different directions. It was handy seeing who would be left the following round according the the immediate choices made current round. And some coulda-shoulda seeing the end rosters. :wall: 16 owners 18 rounds really stretches things out--and is some great sleeper prep for other leagues imo.
Reading the messages from owners that played last year, it sounded like it was a great prep tool for drafts later in the year.I did not expect people giving away their future draft plans (because I will not), I was think more of just people's general thoughts on picking player X. Hopefully we will get that last player, so we can start on Tuesday.

Twilight is going to switch rolls with me so that I can be in Juicecores league. Can anyone trade picks with Neion so he can also be in the same league as us. We are brothers and like to compete against each other. Anyone with a high roll not care about which league they are in and would switch?

Twilight is going to switch rolls with me so that I can be in Juicecores league. Can anyone trade picks with Neion so he can also be in the same league as us. We are brothers and like to compete against each other. Anyone with a high roll not care about which league they are in and would switch?
I'll have to look and see if I am in the opposite league, but if so, I would trade.*edit! Swap me places with neiondeion2k3!

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks like we are full so we can start tomorrow. Lets wait for Twilight to post official draft orders and make the posts in the mock draft forum. I'm ready to kick some ###!! :wall:

Looks like we are full so we can start tomorrow. Lets wait for Twilight to post official draft orders and make the posts in the mock draft forum. I'm ready to kick some ###!! :boxing:
Twilight might be setting up through tomorrow and aiming for Tuesday pix.

Tuesday would be better, an extra day to digest this NFL draft would help everyone I think. I really don't care about trading picks? But I'll certainly listen to any top 7 teams offers! :boxing:

kiss my grits glumpy, are you sure you wouldn't like 13, much better pick in the 2nd rd. :boxing:

Last edited by a moderator:
not sure which is better position to be in for the draft. however, i will have 8 or 9 which i like because i wont be at the end of any runs. if anyone has a trade idea or something, im always open.

I would make the threads but I don't know the draft orders so I'm going to wait for twilight.
Alright, that's part of what I was unsure of, anyway.I didn't know if the draft orders had been set yet.Thanks for clearing it up.:myteamisstillbetter:

Users who are viewing this thread