What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

NEW Titans trade rumors (1 Viewer)

Weapon of Mass Instruction

Watch my feet!
This is from a Titans board via a Jets board so take it for what it is worth. I will say, though, that Bongo usually has good, accurate information.

This is from Bongo on the jets siteOK..................i think i may be able to put some pieces together...............it appears that TN is using VY as a ploy to keep everyone from slot two..............i hear ML is the guy we want and i found it out in a very circuitous manner..................FR is now dangling both McNair and Volek and TE Erron Kinney...........he has talked to the Bills STL and AZ card about Volek and has talked with Balt about Mac..................Balt and Az believe that ML is the source of our FO desires and FR is letting everyone believe the VY talk is a lock............well it is not..............The Jets have had very serious talks with the Ravens because they now know the Titans want ML and apparently so do they. The Raiders also want Leinart and they all may now move to two on draft day...............AZ and STL may screw whoever winds up at 7 because they both have deals working to get to 6 to get the QB before the 7th slot...................I'll check in later............around 4
The interesting snippets are that the Titans are attempting to trade McNair or Volek, as well as Erron Kinney. This ML/VY disinformation is reminiscent of the cold war. :-)I've long wondered what the trade value of McNair would be. Volek -- maybe a 3rd rounder, Kinney -- a 4th, maybe. Ah, you have to love the NFL draft!

I actually think there may be a lot of truth to much of this. IF so, it's good to see that the pertinant teams realize who the clear cut #1 QB in this draft is...for a minute there I though the entire league was smoking VY crack.

Last edited by a moderator:
I actually think there may be a lot of truth to much of this. IF so, it's good to see that the pertinant teams realize who the clear cut #1 QB in this draft is...for a minute there I though the entire league was smoking VY crack.
I second that. Its a hype that had a life of its own...

What's Kinney worth?

A 4th at best?

I guess I could see where he'd be included in a deal, the Titans have two arguably better TEs on the roster.

FWIW, just my :2cents:

If a team can afford to wait a few years, I'd take VY.

If not, Leinart is the right pick.

Tennessee, probably cannot wait. And their system is one where Leinart will be a good, if not great, fit.

VY in Oakland or AZ though, lights out in 3 years.

We all know RB is going at the top. ML will be second one way or another. If the TT really want ML they should consider making an offer to NO. Otherwise either the NYJ or OR will trade with NO for ML. VY and JC just arent in the same class as ML is. If the TT cant get ML they are going to need either SM or BV to start because VY is going to need grooming. The BR are the only ones wanting SM. So if the BR and TT cant reach a deal he'll be released or the TT's starter. If SM is released and they dont get ML then BV has to stay. If SM stays and they draft a QB they should trade BV who is getting warrented interest. Would be surprising but possible for the TT to get ML and then unload both SM and BV. EK has no impact at QB.

UC :confused:

We all know RB is going at the top. ML will be second one way or another. If the TT really want ML they should consider making an offer to NO. Otherwise either the NYJ or OR will trade with NO for ML. VY and JC just arent in the same class as ML is. If the TT cant get ML they are going to need either SM or BV to start because VY is going to need grooming. The BR are the only ones wanting SM. So if the BR and TT cant reach a deal he'll be released or the TT's starter. If SM is released and they dont get ML then BV has to stay. If SM stays and they draft a QB they should trade BV who is getting warrented interest. Would be surprising but possible for the TT to get ML and then unload both SM and BV. EK has no impact at QB.

:loco:

This Bongo guy has been running between message boards.... Jets, Saints, Raiders, Titans..... and, JMO, he is simply found an interesting way to spam for his own web site, which had quadrupled in hits since he started all of this a week ago.

Any well informed fan could spin this sort of stuff. If virtually ANY trade down occurs, it could be respun, as it's been respun several times already, and made to look like it was all legit. Please.... someone tell me how a "supposed ex-NFL medical consultant" can know the very inner workings of as many as six NFL FO's? Including which ones have completed their draft boards, and knowing where these teams rank players? :confused:

This Bongo guy has been running between message boards.... Jets, Saints, Raiders, Titans..... and, JMO, he is simply found an interesting way to spam for his own web site, which had quadrupled in hits since he started all of this a week ago.

Any well informed fan could spin this sort of stuff. If virtually ANY trade down occurs, it could be respun, as it's been respun several times already, and made to look like it was all legit. Please.... someone tell me how a "supposed ex-NFL medical consultant" can know the very inner workings of as many as six NFL FO's? Including which ones have completed their draft boards, and knowing where these teams rank players? :confused:
Easy - Colleagues. The coaching staffs bring in the med consultants to check the health of the players. Probably have them in the war room. The coaches talk. The consultants hear. This guy calls his buddies. They give him snippets. He sends them a box of cigars or a bottle of wine for the info and we get informed....

Fact of the matter is if this guy knows this info, NFL team also know this info. I think we may see a trade up to no.2 if teams really covet Leinart.

Or Texasmouth...
Hey, what about me?!?
:lmao: :lmao: You were my 3rd choice. :D
Dammit, only your third choice?!? I obviously need to work harder to pump VY on here. ;) Here, I'll let this article do some pumping for me:

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_ylt=AvG_...=yhoo&type=lgns
I'll have you know that I ranked VY as the #1 QB in my pre-draft rankings thread. And we'll need someone to change the thread title to indicate that Young's honor needs to be defended. Otherwise Scotsman and Texasmouth will never show up. :D

Easy - Colleagues. The coaching staffs bring in the med consultants to check the health of the players. Probably have them in the war room. The coaches talk. The consultants hear. This guy calls his buddies. They give him snippets. He sends them a box of cigars or a bottle of wine for the info and we get informed....
And a guy with colleagues can't write better than that?

that trade last week that was discussed here, 3-4 page thread. What was the nickname of the guy that started that trade?

And a guy with colleagues can't write better than that?
I think the period key on his keyboard is actually stuck and he just jams in as much as he can as quickly as possible in between patches of "............" It's quite amazing he's able to write as well as he does under these circumstances.

This is from a Titans board via a Jets board so take it for what it is worth. I will say, though, that Bongo usually has good, accurate information.

This is from Bongo on the jets site

OK..................i think i may be able to put some pieces together...............it appears that TN is using VY as a ploy to keep everyone from slot two..............i hear ML is the guy we want and i found it out in a very circuitous manner..................FR is now dangling both McNair and Volek and TE Erron Kinney...........he has talked to the Bills STL and AZ card about Volek and has talked with Balt about Mac..................Balt and Az believe that ML is the source of our FO desires and FR is letting everyone believe the VY talk is a lock............well it is not..............The Jets have had very serious talks with the Ravens because they now know the Titans want ML and apparently so do they. The Raiders also want Leinart and they all may now move to two on draft day...............AZ and STL may screw whoever winds up at 7 because they both have deals working to get to 6 to get the QB before the 7th slot...................I'll check in later............around 4
The interesting snippets are that the Titans are attempting to trade McNair or Volek, as well as Erron Kinney. This ML/VY disinformation is reminiscent of the cold war. :-)I've long wondered what the trade value of McNair would be. Volek -- maybe a 3rd rounder, Kinney -- a 4th, maybe.

Ah, you have to love the NFL draft!
WMI, Bongo posts on titanscentral.net

This is where that is from.

Its pretty painful to read over there, but Bongo is the best of a bad lot.

OK..................i think i may be able to put some pieces together...............it appears that TN is using VY as a ploy to keep everyone from slot two..............i hear ML is the guy we want and i found it out in a very circuitous manner..................FR is now dangling both McNair and Volek and TE Erron Kinney...........he has talked to the Bills STL and AZ card about Volek and has talked with Balt about Mac..................Balt and Az believe that ML is the source of our FO desires and FR is letting everyone believe the VY talk is a lock............well it is not..............The Jets have had very serious talks with the Ravens because they now know the Titans want ML and apparently so do they. The Raiders also want Leinart and they all may now move to two on draft day...............AZ and STL may screw whoever winds up at 7 because they both have deals working to get to 6 to get the QB before the 7th slot...................I'll check in later............around 4
The interesting snippets are that the Titans are attempting to trade McNair or Volek, as well as Erron Kinney. This ML/VY disinformation is reminiscent of the cold war. :-)I've long wondered what the trade value of McNair would be. Volek -- maybe a 3rd rounder, Kinney -- a 4th, maybe.

You'll have to excuse those folk from Nashville. Ain't the highest edumacated lot.

Any well informed fan could spin this sort of stuff. If virtually ANY trade down occurs, it could be respun, as it's been respun several times already, and made to look like it was all legit. Please.... someone tell me how a "supposed ex-NFL medical consultant" can know the very inner workings of as many as six NFL FO's? Including which ones have completed their draft boards, and knowing where these teams rank players?  :confused:
Well, he says he's an EX-consultant, for one thing. He says he holds season tix to both the Titans AND Jets. Seems to me if he was all that connected, it'd be easy to get comped luxury box tickets, wouldn't it? Just too many.... dots to connect with this guy for me to believe him. I could be wrong.... it's just my opinion.

This is from a Titans board via a Jets board so take it for what it is worth.  I will say, though, that Bongo usually has good, accurate information.

You'll have to excuse those folk from Nashville. Ain't the highest edumacated lot.
:ph34r: Ill just pretend I dont live there

Well, he says he's an EX-consultant, for one thing. He says he holds season tix to both the Titans AND Jets. Seems to me if he was all that connected, it'd be easy to get comped luxury box tickets, wouldn't it? Just too many.... dots to connect with this guy for me to believe him. I could be wrong.... it's just my opinion.
How do you know they aren't comped to him? Maybe he likes being in the seats where the action is rather than in some box. The fact that he has season tickets at two different stadiums doesn't mean that he does or doesn't have contacts in these organizations. It has no bearing. Also the fact that he is an ex-consultant doesn't either. He probably still has friends there. He could have a locker near these guys at his country club. Who knows. All I can say is that either one of the points you make don't prove or disprove the information this guy is getting...

Isn't this from the guy that had a magical slotting deal from 2 through 7 just the other day? Including the Jets dropping back 4 slots and taking the same guy for $$ reasons or some such?

kook

:boxing: :lmao: :boxing: :lmao: :boxing: :lmao: :boxing: :lmao:

Any well informed fan could spin this sort of stuff. If virtually ANY trade down occurs, it could be respun, as it's been respun several times already, and made to look like it was all legit. Please.... someone tell me how a "supposed ex-NFL medical consultant" can know the very inner workings of as many as six NFL FO's? Including which ones have completed their draft boards, and knowing where these teams rank players?  :confused:
How do you know they aren't comped to him? Maybe he likes being in the seats where the action is rather than in some box. The fact that he has season tickets at two different stadiums doesn't mean that he does or doesn't have contacts in these organizations. It has no bearing. Also the fact that he is an ex-consultant doesn't either. He probably still has friends there. He could have a locker near these guys at his country club. Who knows. All I can say is that either one of the points you make don't prove or disprove the information this guy is getting...
Like I said.... it's just my opinion.... but there are way to many red flags with this guy for me to buy into his shctick. Sorry if that bugs you. Deal with it.

I read alot of Bongo's stuff last off-season too.... some tidbits were useful and the ideas are exciting.... but most of it is all talk of "possibilities"... nothing concrete in what "Team X" will select "Player Y" stuff.... nothing we already did not know. We all follow multiple sources of news and each have our ear to the sports radio when ever away from a PC.

Bongo has stated he works in Tenn now, but used to work in NY (NYJ?). He has given us alot of insight and has expressed his opinion clearly on the events in Tenn.....

I take his info as 1 of multiple sources, but nothing to bet the ranch on. The idea of "jumping" before the deal breaks could backfire and be too costly. It's just a person of unknown origin posting his views and insights.... again, useful, but nothing concrete.....

I am now officially on abbreviation overload.

This is from a Titans board via a Jets board so take it for what it is worth.  I will say, though, that Bongo usually has good, accurate information.

I agree. Him and clash post some good inside info. And no its not always right,but there is usually some truth to it

Here we are again, another thread, another post from you bashing VY. :rolleyes:

If the Titans did this nonsense that is being reported, they would end up with lienart and who to back him up? No one? Lienart is so good he doesnt even need a backup? Now that is impressive.

:lol: I have family nearby, and am moving within an hour of Nashville this summer.

I think some people in the Titans organization are secretly praying that someone works out a trade with New Orleans to get Lienart, that way the choice is made for them. I have read and heard everywhere that the management and coaches are split on which guy to take. I hear Bud Adams wants Young because he reminds him of a young Steve McNair, a guy he also loved.

OK

:lol: I have family nearby, and am moving within an hour of Nashville this summer.
So you'll be moving from God's Country to the home of Country's God? :lol:

So you'll be moving from God's Country to the home of Country's God? :lol:
:thumbup:

OK
LOL. FWIW, IMO ML > VY (VY > JC BTW). IMHO, SM > BV IRL, but BV > in FF. FYI, IIRC Abbr O/L at FBG BB is big, with LT2, FWP, SAlex, etc. (NTTAWWT). OMG, G2G ASAP. GN, GL, and GB.

I'd like to call you a moron but I won't. I know that he posts on Titanscentral but this was posted on the Jets' site first just like I said. Now, if you want to start comparing education and professional designations, we can step outside.

I'd like to call you a moron but I won't. I know that he posts on Titanscentral but this was posted on the Jets' site first just like I said. Now, if you want to start comparing education and professional designations, we can step outside.
WMI: Dont take Oz' smart aleck comment seriously. Besides, he's the one who can't even spell edjimucatid.

WMI: Dont take Oz' smart aleck comment seriously. Besides, he's the one who can't even spell edjimucatid.
What n00bs!Evry troo Suthnah nohs it's NOT "edgamacated, edjimucatid" or wahtevah. It's "LERND"!

We all know RB is going at the top. ML will be second one way or another. If the TT really want ML they should consider making an offer to NO. Otherwise either the NYJ or OR will trade with NO for ML. VY and JC just arent in the same class as ML is. If the TT cant get ML they are going to need either SM or BV to start because VY is going to need grooming.  The BR are the only ones wanting SM. So if the BR and TT cant reach a deal he'll be released or the TT's starter. If SM is released and they dont get ML then BV has to stay. If SM stays and they draft a QB they should trade BV who is getting warrented interest. Would be surprising but possible for the TT to get ML and then unload both SM and BV. EK has no impact at QB.

UC  :confused:
OK
LOL. FWIW, IMO ML > VY (VY > JC BTW). IMHO, SM > BV IRL, but BV > in FF. FYI, IIRC Abbr O/L at FBG BB is big, with LT2, FWP, SAlex, etc. (NTTAWWT). OMG, G2G ASAP. GN, GL, and GB.
:lmao: Good work here.

OK
gl peas......

I'm sure you can throw Oakland into this mix for Mario's services as well. They are sending out smokescreen left and right about VY and Leinart. From what I've heard they are very happy w/ the development of A.Walter (3rd round last year) and have closed practices and the facility to media and public (so nobody will know how happy they are w/ him). I believe they are trying to trade up for Mario while letting other teams lay out the red carpet for them expecting the Raiders to select one of the QBs. If they sell it hard enough, they just might be able to pull it off. If it don't happen, I expect Huff, Hawk, V.Davis or a trade down targeting Winston or Winston.

Ok, now that Mario Williams has signed with TEX, let's put on our thinking caps.

Is it possible that Reggie Bush is avaliable at #3? If so, do we pass up Young and Leinart to take him?

Here is a theory...

If Bush is there at #3 AND TEN takes him, it's going to create a huge shake up in the value of the QBs. Oakland may be the first team to select a QB at #7. Young or Leinart (whichever doesn't go there) could slip to 10 or worse, and Cutler could be had somewhere between 12 and 17. TEN could make an aggressive offer to one of the teams in the mid 1st... say 2007 1st rounder, 2006 2nd rounder, and Chris Brown. TEN would then be able to select Cutler... netting both Bush and Cutler.

:excited:

Am I crazy? Probably... but I'm going to bed tonight with dreams of this in my head. :D

Ok, now that Mario Williams has signed with TEX, let's put on our thinking caps.

Is it possible that Reggie Bush is avaliable at #3? If so, do we pass up Young and Leinart to take him?

Here is a theory...

If Bush is there at #3 AND TEN takes him, it's going to create a huge shake up in the value of the QBs. Oakland may be the first team to select a QB at #7. Young or Leinart (whichever doesn't go there) could slip to 10 or worse, and Cutler could be had somewhere between 12 and 17. TEN could make an aggressive offer to one of the teams in the mid 1st... say 2007 1st rounder, 2006 2nd rounder, and Chris Brown. TEN would then be able to select Cutler... netting both Bush and Cutler.

:excited:

Am I crazy? Probably... but I'm going to bed tonight with dreams of this in my head. :D
With the short leash that Floyd Reese is/may be on -- something like that is not going to surprise me at all.

Users who are viewing this thread