What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

New to DFS - need some strategy help for tonight (1 Viewer)

Ajsmith732

Footballguy
Hey guys,

This week was my first week trying out DFS and I have some questions on strategy going into tonights game. My questions are for head to head matchups on Draft Kings.

Game 1

In one of my head to head matchups, I am up by 9.2 points. I currently have Carson Palmer remaining as my QB. I can see that my opponent still has a QB and a WR left to play. I added up the salaries of the players that I can see that he already used and he has just the right amount of money remaining to have Carson Palmer and Larry Fitzgerald left in his two spots.

My question is: Should I pray that Fitzgerald goes for less than 9.2 points, or should I switch out Carson Palmer for Joe Flacco and pray that Flacco has a great game and Arizona somehow struggles against the horrific Baltimore secondary?

Game 2

In a different head to head matchup, I am losing by 1.2 points. I currently have Carson Palmer remaining as my QB. I can see my opponent still has a QB and a WR left to play, and using the same methodology above, I can infer that his remaining players are likely Carson Palmer and Larry Fitzgerald.

In this case, should I switch out Carson Palmer in favor of Joe Flacco? I know it is a huge long shot, but I pretty much cannot win if we both keep Palmer in, correct?

Thank you guys for your help!

Game 1 I would keep Palmer myself. Palmer is a much better play than Flacco, youre ahead, so just blank him there and pray Fitzgerald doesnt score a TD. For the second I would audible to Flacco myself. Itll take a miracle, but if youre losing and have the same player as the other guy not even a miracle will help you.

I think it's a lot to hope that Joe Flacco outscores Palmer and Fitzgerald combined. For Flacco to have that type of game, that'd mean it's a shootout which means a lot of throwing which means Palmer is going off. I'd rather roll the dice on Palmer and hope everything doesn't go to Fitz. Seems like the safer bet.

I mean you'd need a miracle either way but still. You should consider a blood sacrifice.

Lol, I know it'll take a miracle, I just figured I'd give it a shot.

I have some Carson and Fitzgerald shares in some 50/50s and double ups so I should be fine either way.

Thanks fellas.

Users who are viewing this thread