What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

New to DFS - need some help on # of lineups (1 Viewer)

Ajsmith732

Footballguy
Hey y'all,

Week 8 will be just my second week playing DFS, so I'm still very much learning the ropes. I am looking for some advice on how many different lineups to play, and how much overlap there should or shouldn't be in those different lineups. Is there some sort of GTO strategy on how many lineups is optimal?

I plan on playing mostly 50/50s and double ups (~10 contests total), with a few H2H's (~5 match-ups). Last week I used about 5 or 6 different lineups; however, there was a ton of overlap. It was mainly switching out one player per lineup for a different player that I also liked at a similar price point. For example, in my flex position last week I rotated pretty much equally between Doug Martin Frank Gore and Lamar Miller (keeping the other components of my lineup constant). Another example, I would rotate between guys like Moncrief, Decker, Snead, and John Brown in my WR2/WR3 keeping the rest of my "optimal lineup" constant. Is this a bad strategy? I feel like using this strategy (where I switch out one guy per lineup for another guy I like) is not great because in order to profit, I would need too many players to reach value, which is difficult to predict.

I've been doing a lot of research and it seems like most people use two, maybe three lineups. Is the best approach to try to come up with one lineup that I like the most and use it in about 60-75% of my contests? And then pick my second favorite lineup for the remainder of my contests?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

No real answer here.

If your gut tells you you have nailed the perfect lineup. It's still a trap. You're either making big $ or not.

If you change a guy here N there and put in 20 lineups, your investment and eventual profit/winnings goes down.

You gotta try and walk a fine line with what you're comfy with here

I tend go with 2 lineups per major slate(4 total) with play split evenly over the two line ups. But while this has worked for me I don't think there is one right answer. Crossover for me varies week to week depending on how high I am on certain players, some players are in 100% on my lineups. This is a lot about how must risk your willing to take though. More crossover will give you a higher ROI if your picks are good but can kill you if your picks are poor.

For 50/50 and double up games, I tend to come up with a couple lineups I feel good about and enter them multiple times in multiple different contests. Those 2 lineups will typically have many of the same players as I basically just swap out the ones I feel 'iffy' about for the 2nd lineup. You can go with just 1 lineup but the thing with that is if you don't cash in one contest with it, you likely won't cash in any of them. The 2nd lineup I guess is a hedge and you can skip it if you want to have your weekends be all or nothing every week.

Users who are viewing this thread