What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

New to Superflex league need advice (1 Viewer)

Here's Johnny

Footballguy
I am in a $250 salary cap superflex league. I figure $200 x .25 because most leagues are $200. What can I expect QB's to go for?

I can’t speak much to auction but one thing I will say about looking at later QBs, aim for safety over upside. If your QB loses his job or totally plays like garbage, it’s really hard to overcome in SF. Guys like Cousins, Carr, Ryan are like gold in SF.

The first year our auction league went from a 1QB league to SF, deals were a plenty in that first year. Owners were still on that “don’t spend too much on QB” mentality. Be sharp and pounce!

It’s now our 4th season of SF and QB’s are not going for $$ deals anymore.

How many teams? That matters.

12 team superflex league, QBs are absolute gold. Be prepared to spend at least 40% of your cap on 3 QBs.
10 team superflex, QBs will go for less but they still will cost a lot.

Don't worry about how much QBs will cost. RBs and WRs will go for less. But you need 2 good starters and a decent backup.

First off -> congratulations to your league. Superflex is the way to play!

I say that in part because QBs are now as valuable (even more-so?) as the other skill positions.

I've played in Superflex for two decades already and the key point is you can win your league with any type of roster construction. ESPECIALLY when combined with an auction -> which you are. The combo is awesome.

So you can still go RB-heavy and win. You'll find the RBs are cheaper than they used to be. Get some safe QBs late.

You can pile-up great WRs and scramble for RBs and QBs. Up to you -> but they guy in my league who bought Kelce / Adams / Diggs / Ridley two years ago cake-walked to a title starting Trubisky as his QB#2.

But nothing beats two elite QBs, IMO. You're pretty much a shoo-in to make the playoffs and will have a good chance to win it all in December. Spend-up on QB and you won't be unhappy. Is this the first year for your league in this format? Or just the first year you're in this league? If it's new to everyone - others might still be discounting QB allowing you to grab two top-5 guys for under $100. DO IT!

Depending on how good you feel about your draft board, you don't necessarily have to treat QBs like gold in terms of their price. There are tons of ways to build a winning lineup in SF. I happen to think that each of QB, RB and TE are unusually strong and deep this year. It is important to not be left without a chair when the music stops, but you *can* wait on QB or spend low on QB. You can also go one elite (perhaps at a discount) and then cheap with a 2nd/3rd.

There are many ways but if you do spend low(er) on QB then you should be able to gobble up ridiculous value at other positions.

And of course if you do go with 2 elite QBs and if you feel good about your board then you should be able to find solid cheap options at other positions as well, if you decide to go that way.

Clear as mud, right? For me I would be thinking about a combo like one of a cheaper solid vet like Ryan, Carr, Cousins (I am purely speculating at $12/$20/$20 for those 3 out of 200 budget) and mixed with guys that could rise dramatically in value but people are afraid of, Trey Lance and Justin Fields. I would imagine Fields goes $30 and Lance $40. Then mix in a Davis Mills, Mayfield or even Trubisky/Mariota for like $5 or less. That all leaves just a ton of $ for the other positions. IMHO. But I'm probably way off. What would Mahomes or Herbert go for like $75?

League and starting lineup size matters. The smaller the starting lineup, the more impact having 2 elite options make as there are less lineup spots for teams to make up points. The larger the league, the more the prices will increase as demand will overhaul supply for the non-gross QBs (example below)
Last month, I was in a 16 team SF dynasty auction with a $1200 budget, so divide the numbers by 6. Teams had to end the auction with a minimum of 11 players (starting lineup) but no max (regular season cutdown to 28). The fewest players won was 15 (by 2 teams). 6 teams ended up with less than 20. 4 teams ended up with 29-34 players.
The top 20 QBs went for $200+. 10 @ $395+, 4 @ $299-358, 6 @ $200-260. Highest was Herbert at $480. Mahomes was first QB won at $450. QBs were nominated early and most were particularly elite QB crazy, trying to get 2 which drove the prices higher. 6 teams spent over 50% of their budget getting 2 QBs, with the highest spending $871 on Allen/R Wilson (476/395) early and was basically hamstrung for the rest of the draft. 4 only got 1 starter. A couple other teams have QB rooms of Mahomes/SEA QBs and Burrow/Baker.
Edit: QB scoring in this league is also juiced with 5 point passing TDs and 0.1 points per first down. in 2021, 101 players scored 200+ points. 28 were QBs. 15/29 who scored 300+ were QBs. At 400+ it was 5/8 QBs. Scoring projections for 2022, the top 30 QBs are projected for 300+ points with 11 projected at 400+. No other positions have projections above 400. 10 RB, 8 WR and 3 TE projected for 300+.

Last edited:
Super Flex really depends on scoring setup , many automatically rush for 1 or 2 QB in first 3 rounds, but if it's a 4 point passing , 2 point INT league VBD has shown you can wait on QB. Auction is a tad different , but rather have a stacked team with value at QB spot. Used this method in 3 years in Super Flex, very successful.

I say that in part because QBs are now as valuable (even more-so?) as the other skill positions.

I've played in Superflex for two decades already and the key point is you can win your league with any type of roster construction. ESPECIALLY when combined with an auction -> which you are. The combo is awesome.

So you can still go RB-heavy and win. You'll find the RBs are cheaper than they used to be. Get some safe QBs late.

You can pile-up great WRs and scramble for RBs and QBs. Up to you -> but they guy in my league who bought Kelce / Adams / Diggs / Ridley two years ago cake-walked to a title starting Trubisky as his QB#2.

But nothing beats two elite QBs, IMO. You're pretty much a shoo-in to make the playoffs and will have a good chance to win it all in December. Spend-up on QB and you won't be unhappy. Is this the first year for your league in this format? Or just the first year you're in this league? If it's new to everyone - others might still be discounting QB allowing you to grab two top-5 guys for under $100. DO IT!
Thank you!! Huge help!

Thank you!! Huge help!
It is the second year, last year the top two qb's went for over $80, and the next 4 for over $70.

Depending on how good you feel about your draft board, you don't necessarily have to treat QBs like gold in terms of their price. There are tons of ways to build a winning lineup in SF. I happen to think that each of QB, RB and TE are unusually strong and deep this year. It is important to not be left without a chair when the music stops, but you *can* wait on QB or spend low on QB. You can also go one elite (perhaps at a discount) and then cheap with a 2nd/3rd.

There are many ways but if you do spend low(er) on QB then you should be able to gobble up ridiculous value at other positions.

And of course if you do go with 2 elite QBs and if you feel good about your board then you should be able to find solid cheap options at other positions as well, if you decide to go that way.

Clear as mud, right? For me I would be thinking about a combo like one of a cheaper solid vet like Ryan, Carr, Cousins (I am purely speculating at $12/$20/$20 for those 3 out of 200 budget) and mixed with guys that could rise dramatically in value but people are afraid of, Trey Lance and Justin Fields. I would imagine Fields goes $30 and Lance $40. Then mix in a Davis Mills, Mayfield or even Trubisky/Mariota for like $5 or less. That all leaves just a ton of $ for the other positions. IMHO. But I'm probably way off. What would Mahomes or Herbert go for like $75?
Last year the top two guys went for over $80 and the next four over $70.

League and starting lineup size matters. The smaller the starting lineup, the more impact having 2 elite options make as there are less lineup spots for teams to make up points. The larger the league, the more the prices will increase as demand will overhaul supply for the non-gross QBs (example below)
Last month, I was in a 16 team SF dynasty auction with a $1200 budget, so divide the numbers by 6. Teams had to end the auction with a minimum of 11 players (starting lineup) but no max (regular season cutdown to 28). The fewest players won was 15 (by 2 teams). 6 teams ended up with less than 20. 4 teams ended up with 29-34 players.
The top 20 QBs went for $200+. 10 @ $395+, 4 @ $299-358, 6 @ $200-260. Highest was Herbert at $480. Mahomes was first QB won at $450. QBs were nominated early and most were particularly elite QB crazy, trying to get 2 which drove the prices higher. 6 teams spent over 50% of their budget getting 2 QBs, with the highest spending $871 on Allen/R Wilson (476/395) early and was basically hamstrung for the rest of the draft. 4 only got 1 starter. A couple other teams have QB rooms of Mahomes/SEA QBs and Burrow/Baker.
Edit: QB scoring in this league is also juiced with 5 point passing TDs and 0.1 points per first down. in 2021, 101 players scored 200+ points. 28 were QBs. 15/29 who scored 300+ were QBs. At 400+ it was 5/8 QBs. Scoring projections for 2022, the top 30 QBs are projected for 300+ points with 11 projected at 400+. No other positions have projections above 400. 10 RB, 8 WR and 3 TE projected for 300+.
That is a crazy league! Sound super fun.

Last year was the first year so I think they overspent on QB's but I bet you are right on with the $75 for two.

Users who are viewing this thread