What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

New WaPo Maternity Leave Policy (1 Viewer)

I always thought that this is where social conservatives never adequately accounted for the very real economics of household labor and time necessary for the society they wanted to see. I can see disliking this from a libertarian perspective should the political become the personal, but in the interests of the best fit line, social conservatives should have been all in favor of expanded maternity and paternity so long as it's not from sloth. 

If a company wants to fix a turnover problem, no doubt compensation and benefits improvements can help.  However, I’m skeptical that a 20-week paid policy would get more bang for their buck than raises, better health care coverage, more vacation time, or other measures.
Nothing is better at keeping employees than giving them the option to do the thing they most want to do without penalty. 

More people want kids than don’t and it’s a limited-number use policy for most people, who won’t have more than a couple kids. It’s a great retention move. 

Perhaps this was just a diversion. 

The post giveth...
Health Savings Accounts, as seen in the comments, have long been on the vanguard of health insurance policies. It's been noted that people actually tend to prefer them because they, if I'm not mistaken, get to keep the money in the savings account that's left over at the end of the year or time period covered. The high deductibles deter patients from seeking treatment when they don't need it while still covering the patient if they do indeed need care.

So goes the story.

Health Savings Accounts, as seen in the comments, have long been on the vanguard of health insurance policies. It's been noted that people actually tend to prefer them because they, if I'm not mistaken, get to keep the money in the savings account that's left over at the end of the year or time period covered. The high deductibles deter patients from seeking treatment when they don't need it while still covering the patient if they do indeed need care.

So goes the story.
This is exactly what my company does and I'm ok with it.  We have a high deductible health insurance plan, and the company will pay into our HSA.  They pay both a fixed amount and a discretionary amount depending on how the company performs to it's business plan.  I also contribute a nominal pretax amount monthly.  

Andrew Perez @andrewperezdc

Earlier this year, the Post editorial board repeated the health care industry talking point that Americans are "reasonably satisfied with their employer-sponsored coverage." People are reasonably happy until their employer does this

Users who are viewing this thread