What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

New web-host needed... 2 conf, 2 pools (1 Viewer)

msb

Footballguy
Hey guys,

I need some help in finding a good hosting site for my league. The catch is that it needs to support 2 conferences that have their own separate player pools.

We had CBS SPortsline the year before last. We liked them, but they didn't support or new structure so we had to go with something different. Last year, we settled on My Fantasy League. While it definitely supported our structure and scoring system, it was a little weak in the live scoring and waiver stuff and the owners have been demanding something new.

Any suggestions?

Hey guys,

I need some help in finding a good hosting site for my league. The catch is that it needs to support 2 conferences that have their own separate player pools.

We had CBS SPortsline the year before last. We liked them, but they didn't support or new structure so we had to go with something different. Last year, we settled on My Fantasy League. While it definitely supported our structure and scoring system, it was a little weak in the live scoring and waiver stuff and the owners have been demanding something new.

Any suggestions?
I play in two leagues on MFL that have this format. I know of no others that can do this. I am sure there is one, but I do not know it.

If I remember right, RTSsports charges more for this type of format. Commish was $55 for either...

Last edited by a moderator:
RT Sports offers this, they do charge a higher fee for this service though. However if you bought the FBG mag you would get 20% off the price.

I have been using RT for the past 4 years after a stint on crapline and I have found their customer service to be amazing! They also listen to their cutomers on their message baords and emails and have made many upgrades the past year this way.

IMO a great service! Give them a try!

Thanks guys!

Both RTSports and The Commish look pretty good. I actually liked the flexibility of MFL, but my owners had a hard time with the complex waiver-wire function and the live scoring left a lot to be desired. Also, they liked the slicker look of CBS Sportsline with the NFL headlines and articles, Live Scoring, etc.

Anyway, has anybody used either of these services? Both look to offer all the features I'm interested in. While RTSports looks a little more established as an online service, the Commish has a little slicker interface.

But the kicker, RTSports would cost me $149 for the Platinum service (which I need) and Commish is only $55. Any experiences would be greatly appreciated.

I have been holding off pimping them as the official release is about 2 weeks away, but I strongly suggest SynSport. Previous years they have been a somewhat add on to FFLM, but last year they went their own way and this year is a complete redo. Best software on the web IMO for diversity and customization. Really should give them a chance if you can hold off for a week or so.

Anyway, has anybody used either of these services? Both look to offer all the features I'm interested in. While RTSports looks a little more established as an online service, the Commish has a little slicker interface.

But the kicker, RTSports would cost me $149 for the Platinum service (which I need) and Commish is only $55. Any experiences would be greatly appreciated.
I've been using the commish for 4 years now. It has a very cool interface and everything is available in just 1 click. I am slowly moving all of my leagues there. I have just 1 more to go and the commish is being a stickler about MFL. He hasn't tried thecommish yet, but he refuses to move from MFL. The commish is way better than MFL IMO.Live Scoring was excellent last year and they had ZERO downtime. I think I head complaints about ALL of the others having downtime at some point last year.

I have been holding off pimping them as the official release is about 2 weeks away, but I strongly suggest SynSport. Previous years they have been a somewhat add on to FFLM, but last year they went their own way and this year is a complete redo. Best software on the web IMO for diversity and customization. Really should give them a chance if you can hold off for a week or so.
SynSport looks impressive, but I think I looked into them last year and seem to remember that there is quite a bit of commissioner involvement during the season (i.e. running stats, etc..). I'm looking for something that basically runs on its own (i.e. owners add/drop, set lineups, make trades, etc..) I also seem to remember that there is a PC component to the software (i.e. not fully web-based). Can you confirm this?Also, will SynSport host your league or is it just the software?

Thanks.

RT Sports offers this, they do charge a higher fee for this service though. However if you bought the FBG mag you would get 20% off the price.

I have been using RT for the past 4 years after a stint on crapline and I have found their customer service to be amazing! They also listen to their cutomers on their message baords and emails and have made many upgrades the past year this way.

IMO a great service! Give them a try!
I agree 120%.The best customer service IMO...you can't bet RT Sports.

Anyway, has anybody used either of these services?  Both look to offer all the features I'm interested in.  While RTSports looks a little more established as an online service, the Commish has a little slicker interface.

But the kicker, RTSports would cost me $149 for the Platinum service (which I need) and Commish is only $55.  Any experiences would be greatly appreciated.
I've been using the commish for 4 years now. It has a very cool interface and everything is available in just 1 click. I am slowly moving all of my leagues there. I have just 1 more to go and the commish is being a stickler about MFL. He hasn't tried thecommish yet, but he refuses to move from MFL. The commish is way better than MFL IMO.Live Scoring was excellent last year and they had ZERO downtime. I think I head complaints about ALL of the others having downtime at some point last year.
hmmmm....wonder if this the same Chad who built the Commish software? :bye: It is a pretty nice interface and package but you sure pimp this system a lot and feel like you should disclose your association if true.

:2cents:

msb, you are correct about the PC component however so much has changed there is not nearly as much involved on the PC side as previous years. PC side is bascially just for settings instead of a web based settings module. Also all leagues are hosted and will run on its own.

Biggest pluses as far as reports go...

Defensive Trends - Showing Points and averages defenses have given up against other teams.

Playoff Projections - Showing percentages for each team to make the postseason

Champions Page - Shows Champs with results of each game as well as division and toilet bowl winners.

Career Stats - All kinds of stats against current owners, winning percentage, points for, points against.

Hall of Fame - Complete league hall of fame or additional report for current season.

These are just a few of the reports that make this software the best in my opinion. Gotta love the historical stuff for long time leagues.

Any other questions please feel free to ask.

We've been with RTSports for the past 4 years now and haven't turned back.

Hands down the best customer service and is very easy to use. As someone earlier mentioned, you can get 20% off from the magazine to save some money.

Users who are viewing this thread