What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***New York*** (2 Viewers)

Anyone been to this: http://www.awesome80sprom.com/

Mrs. TF wants to go when we're in NYC in a few weeks. Yes, it'll be cheesy as hell, but $100 including open bar doesn't sound too bad
Let us know how it is... I can't imagine spending $100 on it at this point, as I wouldn't have more than a couple of drinks before falling asleep :old:. I was going to recommend, sight unseen, the Argentinian thing- used to be De La Guarda, now it's something else involving water... anybody? De La Guarda was good fun for the non-theater crowd, and not that bad a hit, money-wise. But since I see that the Mrs wants to go that other thing, I guess it's a done-deal.

How is Del Friscos? Does it rank up there with the other top steakhouses?
IMO Del Frisco's is one of, if not the best, steakhouse in the city. But it's a real "powerbroker" kind of place. I've been there twice -- the crab cocktail is amazing. Only Sparks is comparable.

Ok there is something I am craving that I have not been able to get in NYC or Hoboken.

Back in the Boston area (North Shore to be precise), getting a roast beef sandwich was a godsend. It was a warm roast beef sandwich not a HOT roast beef where it is essentially an over glorified (greasy) steak-um.

Is this impossible to get in NYC?

Ok there is something I am craving that I have not been able to get in NYC or Hoboken.Back in the Boston area (North Shore to be precise), getting a roast beef sandwich was a godsend. It was a warm roast beef sandwich not a HOT roast beef where it is essentially an over glorified (greasy) steak-um.Is this impossible to get in NYC?
Corner deli? Seriously?

Ok there is something I am craving that I have not been able to get in NYC or Hoboken.

Back in the Boston area (North Shore to be precise), getting a roast beef sandwich was a godsend. It was a warm roast beef sandwich not a HOT roast beef where it is essentially an over glorified (greasy) steak-um.

Roast beef, mozz, and molasses. John's Deli, Brooklyn, NYhttp://www.yelp.com/biz/johns-deli-brooklyn-4

Last edited by a moderator:
Forgot about this thread when I started my other one (I'll just copy and paste here and let that one die)....

So the wife and I are going to NYC next weekend b/c we had some free plane tix/hotel to burn. We went 2 years ago and did all the typical touristy things, so I doubt well be doing that again. Ive got a few things currently planned, and a rough outline, but Im looking for yall to fill in the blanks and answer a few questions. :thumbdown:

Thursday

· We arrive @ LGA @ 6. What are our options from LGA to the Hilton Garden Inn Times Square. What should a cab cost vs. a shuttle?

· Meeting some friends for dinner that night, so nothing really planned then

Friday

· Want to go to Lombardis for lunch

· Going to see awesome80sprom, so we need to be @ Webster hall by 7:15

· Have the rest of the day to do whatever.any recommendations? Possibly dinner around Webster hall?

Saturday

· Going to the 1:00 Yankee game and would like to go around the stadium before then for lunch/atmosphere. Assume the subway is the best bet here? What time should I leave the hotel and any lunch/atmosphere recommendations around Yankee Stadium?

· No dinner plans, but the wife wants to go to Carmines and I know they dont take reservations. But I need an alternative in case we cant get there.

· After dinner ideas?

Tiger Fan said:
Forgot about this thread when I started my other one (I'll just copy and paste here and let that one die)....So the wife and I are going to NYC next weekend b/c we had some free plane tix/hotel to burn. We went 2 years ago and did all the typical touristy things, so I doubt we’ll be doing that again. I’ve got a few things currently planned, and a rough outline, but I’m looking for y’all to fill in the blanks and answer a few questions. :shrug:Thursday· We arrive @ LGA @ 6. What are our options from LGA to the Hilton Garden Inn Times Square. What should a cab cost vs. a shuttle?· Meeting some friends for dinner that night, so nothing really planned thenFriday · Want to go to Lombardi’s for lunch · Going to see awesome80sprom, so we need to be @ Webster hall by 7:15· Have the rest of the day to do whatever….any recommendations? Possibly dinner around Webster hall?Saturday· Going to the 1:00 Yankee game and would like to go around the stadium before then for lunch/atmosphere. Assume the subway is the best bet here? What time should I leave the hotel and any lunch/atmosphere recommendations around Yankee Stadium?· No dinner plans, but the wife wants to go to Carmines and I know they don’t take reservations. But I need an alternative in case we can’t get there.· After dinner ideas?
Dinner around Webster Hall = tons of places. Any kind of food in particular? You probably want to make reservations if you plan on eating after the show.Yankees- definitely take the subway.For the love of GOD, don't waste your time with Carmines. You're coming to NYC- eat non-banquet food at a nice Italian restaurant anywere in the city. Only reason to go to Carmines is because your work is paying for Suzy the receptionist's farewell dinner/birthday. Too much garlic, mush pasta... honestly- I've never been to Olive Garden, but I imagine it can't be much worse.You can walk into any Italian restaurant in my hood (East Village/ Lower East Side) and get good quality Italian- served by Italians, in most cases: Frank, Il Bagatto, Lil' Frankies, Frankies, The Orchard, Fallai.

Tiger Fan said:
Forgot about this thread when I started my other one (I'll just copy and paste here and let that one die)....

So the wife and I are going to NYC next weekend b/c we had some free plane tix/hotel to burn. We went 2 years ago and did all the typical touristy things, so I doubt we’ll be doing that again. I’ve got a few things currently planned, and a rough outline, but I’m looking for y’all to fill in the blanks and answer a few questions. :thumbup:

Thursday

· We arrive @ LGA @ 6. What are our options from LGA to the Hilton Garden Inn Times Square. What should a cab cost vs. a shuttle?

Friday

· Want to go to Lombardi’s for lunch

· Have the rest of the day to do whatever….any recommendations? Possibly dinner around Webster hall?

Saturday

· Going to the 1:00 Yankee game and would like to go around the stadium before then for lunch/atmosphere. Assume the subway is the best bet here? What time should I leave the hotel and any lunch/atmosphere recommendations around Yankee Stadium?

· No dinner plans, but the wife wants to go to Carmines and I know they don’t take reservations. But I need an alternative in case we can’t get there.

· After dinner ideas?
Dinner around Webster Hall = tons of places. Any kind of food in particular? You probably want to make reservations if you plan on eating after the show.Yankees- definitely take the subway.

For the love of GOD, don't waste your time with Carmines. You're coming to NYC- eat non-banquet food at a nice Italian restaurant anywere in the city. Only reason to go to Carmines is because your work is paying for Suzy the receptionist's farewell dinner/birthday. Too much garlic, mush pasta... honestly- I've never been to Olive Garden, but I imagine it can't be much worse.

You can walk into any Italian restaurant in my hood (East Village/ Lower East Side) and get good quality Italian- served by Italians, in most cases: Frank, Il Bagatto, Lil' Frankies, Frankies, The Orchard, Fallai.
I tried to tell my wife this, but she had it in her head "i want to go to carmines". I'll try to come up with some better alternatives for her.Thanks for the feedback :thrumbup:

Tiger Fan said:

So the wife and I are going to NYC next weekend b/c we had some free plane tix/hotel to burn. We went 2 years ago and did all the typical touristy things, so I doubt we’ll be doing that again. I’ve got a few things currently planned, and a rough outline, but I’m looking for y’all to fill in the blanks and answer a few questions. :confused:

Thursday

Friday

· Want to go to Lombardi’s for lunch

· Have the rest of the day to do whatever….any recommendations? Possibly dinner around Webster hall?

Saturday

· No dinner plans, but the wife wants to go to Carmines and I know they don’t take reservations. But I need an alternative in case we can’t get there.

· After dinner ideas?
Dinner around Webster Hall = tons of places. Any kind of food in particular? You probably want to make reservations if you plan on eating after the show.Yankees- definitely take the subway.

For the love of GOD, don't waste your time with Carmines. You're coming to NYC- eat non-banquet food at a nice Italian restaurant anywere in the city. Only reason to go to Carmines is because your work is paying for Suzy the receptionist's farewell dinner/birthday. Too much garlic, mush pasta... honestly- I've never been to Olive Garden, but I imagine it can't be much worse.

You can walk into any Italian restaurant in my hood (East Village/ Lower East Side) and get good quality Italian- served by Italians, in most cases: Frank, Il Bagatto, Lil' Frankies, Frankies, The Orchard, Fallai.
I tried to tell my wife this, but she had it in her head "i want to go to carmines". I'll try to come up with some better alternatives for her.Thanks for the feedback :thrumbup:
El Floppo is right on hereTell her you called Carmines and they're closed for a private party that night and then hit a restaurant worth your time

This is one of my favorite places:

http://www.inotecanyc.com/

Very solid wine list and delicious Italian small plates, cheese, panini

If you want more "traditional" italian, I've always been partial to Il Cortile (http://ilcortile.com/) in Little Italy

El Floppo said:
Alias said:
Ok there is something I am craving that I have not been able to get in NYC or Hoboken.Back in the Boston area (North Shore to be precise), getting a roast beef sandwich was a godsend. It was a warm roast beef sandwich not a HOT roast beef where it is essentially an over glorified (greasy) steak-um.Is this impossible to get in NYC?
Corner deli? Seriously?
Yeah, the deli across from where I work takes the fresh cut meat, throws it on the grill for a minute or so, melts the cheese on top and then on the roll...Delish

Why do chicks have such aweful taste in restaurants? Carmines is the perfect example. Bad news is their food aint so good. The good news is they give you a lot of it.

Back to chicks... Carmines, cheesecake factory. Bleh.

Anyone familiar with the Morris Park neighborhood of the Bronx?
How about the Bronx in general, any FBGs call it home?
Grew up in a town just north of city that bordered the bronx. I know a little about the Northern bronx and enjoy visiting city island but wouldn't consider myself an expert except for the best places to buy beer when you are 14. Of course that information is also probably useless since it was almost two decades ago.

I'll be visiting NYC and Yankee Stadium the last week in April to see the Tigers crush that team you have there. Be ready for me to completely take over at least two Burroughs.

:lmao:

I'll be visiting NYC and Yankee Stadium the last week in April to see the Tigers crush that team you have there. Be ready for me to completely take over at least two Burroughs.

Assuming you are staying in Manhattan, take the ferry to the game.http://www.nywaterway.com/event/baseball-cruise.shtml

It's the only way to get to the Bronx for the game. More expensive than the subway, but they have a bar on board, and you cruise of the east River, killer views of the East Side.

:goodposting:
Assuming you are staying in Manhattan, take the ferry to the game.http://www.nywaterway.com/event/baseball-cruise.shtml

It's the only way to get to the Bronx for the game. More expensive than the subway, but they have a bar on board, and you cruise of the east River, killer views of the East Side.
I think I'm staying in Brooklyn but thanks for the link, this might be something to look in to. :thumbup:

you get anythig with the $22 (food/drinks?) or just the ride

I think I'm staying in Brooklyn but thanks for the link, this might be something to look in to. :thumbup:
Wait, the double d is coming to nyc???

Just the ride, so it seems kind of steep, I guess, but having driven to the stadium, and been packed in the subway after the game, it is the ONLY way I go the game.I usually pick it up at 34th St., have a few Heineken's on the deck, and watch the city cruise by. Ferry leaves half hour after the last out.

April 29th to May 2nd. We are gonna cornhole on the 30th with Sammy and TU the way it looks. You in?

Just the ride, so it seems kind of steep, I guess, but having driven to the stadium, and been packed in the subway after the game, it is the ONLY way I go the game.I usually pick it up at 34th St., have a few Heineken's on the deck, and watch the city cruise by. Ferry leaves half hour after the last out.
If I'm staying in Brooklyn (near Staten Island) how do I get to this boat? Explain it to me like I'm Afro Samurai. TIA.

Are any of you guys interested in joining a Saturday pick-up baseball game (wooden bat) in Prospect Park?

It's a ton of fun and we're looking for some new people to play. Depending on the weather, we'll probably be out there this coming Saturday morning.

If I'm staying in Brooklyn (near Staten Island) how do I get to this boat? Explain it to me like I'm Afro Samurai. TIA.
NY Waterway operates ferry service from West 38th Street, East 34th Street, Pier 11 Wall Street, Port Imperial in Weehawken, New Jersey, and Hoboken and Belford, New Jersey to Yankee Stadium.http://www.cityguideny.com/viewcolumn.cfm?colid=8569

I am guessing the Pier 11 stop will be the easiest to get to from BK. One of the other boys can probably tell you which subway stop.

I think I'm staying in Brooklyn but thanks for the link, this might be something to look in to. ;)
April 29th to May 2nd. We are gonna cornhole on the 30th with Sammy and TU the way it looks. You in?
I don't see how I could possibly pass up that :nerd:fest. :banned:

NY Waterway operates ferry service from West 38th Street, East 34th Street, Pier 11 Wall Street, Port Imperial in Weehawken, New Jersey, and Hoboken and Belford, New Jersey to Yankee Stadium.http://www.cityguideny.com/viewcolumn.cfm?colid=8569

I am guessing the Pier 11 stop will be the easiest to get to from BK. One of the other boys can probably tell you which subway stop.
Thanks.

:lol:

Bay Ridge? I grew up in Bay Ridge and live in SI now. PM me any questions. Oh and include me in any cornholes.

Forgot about this thread when I started my other one (I'll just copy and paste here and let that one die)....So the wife and I are going to NYC next weekend b/c we had some free plane tix/hotel to burn. We went 2 years ago and did all the typical touristy things, so I doubt we’ll be doing that again. I’ve got a few things currently planned, and a rough outline, but I’m looking for y’all to fill in the blanks and answer a few questions. :lol:Thursday· We arrive @ LGA @ 6. What are our options from LGA to the Hilton Garden Inn Times Square. What should a cab cost vs. a shuttle?· Meeting some friends for dinner that night, so nothing really planned thenFriday · Want to go to Lombardi’s for lunch · Going to see awesome80sprom, so we need to be @ Webster hall by 7:15· Have the rest of the day to do whatever….any recommendations? Possibly dinner around Webster hall?Saturday· Going to the 1:00 Yankee game and would like to go around the stadium before then for lunch/atmosphere. Assume the subway is the best bet here? What time should I leave the hotel and any lunch/atmosphere recommendations around Yankee Stadium?· No dinner plans, but the wife wants to go to Carmines and I know they don’t take reservations. But I need an alternative in case we can’t get there.· After dinner ideas?
Dinner around Webster Hall = tons of places. Any kind of food in particular? You probably want to make reservations if you plan on eating after the show.Yankees- definitely take the subway.For the love of GOD, don't waste your time with Carmines. You're coming to NYC- eat non-banquet food at a nice Italian restaurant anywere in the city. Only reason to go to Carmines is because your work is paying for Suzy the receptionist's farewell dinner/birthday. Too much garlic, mush pasta... honestly- I've never been to Olive Garden, but I imagine it can't be much worse.You can walk into any Italian restaurant in my hood (East Village/ Lower East Side) and get good quality Italian- served by Italians, in most cases: Frank, Il Bagatto, Lil' Frankies, Frankies, The Orchard, Fallai.
Thinking about taking the wife to a nice Italian restaurant in Little Italy or the Village. As long as Ive lived in NY Ive never done this. Do you need reservations for any of these places?

Forgot about this thread when I started my other one (I'll just copy and paste here and let that one die)....So the wife and I are going to NYC next weekend b/c we had some free plane tix/hotel to burn. We went 2 years ago and did all the typical touristy things, so I doubt we’ll be doing that again. I’ve got a few things currently planned, and a rough outline, but I’m looking for y’all to fill in the blanks and answer a few questions. :wub:Thursday· We arrive @ LGA @ 6. What are our options from LGA to the Hilton Garden Inn Times Square. What should a cab cost vs. a shuttle?· Meeting some friends for dinner that night, so nothing really planned thenFriday · Want to go to Lombardi’s for lunch · Going to see awesome80sprom, so we need to be @ Webster hall by 7:15· Have the rest of the day to do whatever….any recommendations? Possibly dinner around Webster hall?Saturday· Going to the 1:00 Yankee game and would like to go around the stadium before then for lunch/atmosphere. Assume the subway is the best bet here? What time should I leave the hotel and any lunch/atmosphere recommendations around Yankee Stadium?· No dinner plans, but the wife wants to go to Carmines and I know they don’t take reservations. But I need an alternative in case we can’t get there.· After dinner ideas?
I'd allow a lot of time to walk around that area on Friday!!!!! Best parts of the city are ALL below 20th st IMO!!!!!!! I went to a show at Webster Hall recently and stumbled upon a great Sushi place on 3rd and 11th - Of course I don't know the name.....But, maybe walk up to Union Square / Irving and walk around that area.... You'll find all kinds of food around there....Maybe walk around the village after the show (East or west)... As I said earlier, I kinda like Gavin Degraws bar 'National Underground" at 159 E Houston cuz there's bands every night - kinda blue grassy / bluesy at times and another band downstairs - Nothing fance, no cover during the week.....and as Floppo will tell you, that area is pretty active at night with lots of late night food and different bars...When I was younger (much) we used to go to Webster Hall when it was a crazy club... And Bar None, just a dive bar on 3rd around the corner.

Forgot about this thread when I started my other one (I'll just copy and paste here and let that one die)....So the wife and I are going to NYC next weekend b/c we had some free plane tix/hotel to burn. We went 2 years ago and did all the typical touristy things, so I doubt we’ll be doing that again. I’ve got a few things currently planned, and a rough outline, but I’m looking for y’all to fill in the blanks and answer a few questions. :goodposting:Thursday· We arrive @ LGA @ 6. What are our options from LGA to the Hilton Garden Inn Times Square. What should a cab cost vs. a shuttle?· Meeting some friends for dinner that night, so nothing really planned thenFriday · Want to go to Lombardi’s for lunch · Going to see awesome80sprom, so we need to be @ Webster hall by 7:15· Have the rest of the day to do whatever….any recommendations? Possibly dinner around Webster hall?Saturday· Going to the 1:00 Yankee game and would like to go around the stadium before then for lunch/atmosphere. Assume the subway is the best bet here? What time should I leave the hotel and any lunch/atmosphere recommendations around Yankee Stadium?· No dinner plans, but the wife wants to go to Carmines and I know they don’t take reservations. But I need an alternative in case we can’t get there.· After dinner ideas?
Thinking about taking the wife to a nice Italian restaurant in Little Italy or the Village. As long as Ive lived in NY Ive never done this. Do you need reservations for any of these places?
A few maybe but, for the most part they will be trying to sell you to come in!!!My Family likes to eat at Angelo's...... They've gone there a while and Dad likes to chat with Angelo like a Paisan.

an unusual place around Webster is Momo####o SSam BAr. It's SE Asian and is generally ver good, but like I said different. Look at the menu on menupages (they have every menu in Manhattan) before you go.

If you want something quick before there's a coupld of real Japanese soba shops on 9th St.

If you're looking for a a more traditional meal that's also a little unique there's Prune.

an unusual place around Webster is Momo####o SSam BAr. It's SE Asian and is generally ver good, but like I said different. Look at the menu on menupages (they have every menu in Manhattan) before you go. If you want something quick before there's a coupld of real Japanese soba shops on 9th St.If you're looking for a a more traditional meal that's also a little unique there's Prune.
thanks, i'll check em out

Thanks.
If staying in Bay Ridge the only subway is the R so I would take that to South Ferry and walk to Pier 11. It is going to take a while to get all the way from Bay Ridge to Yankee Stadium.

:thumbup:

Thanks.
If staying in Bay Ridge the only subway is the R so I would take that to South Ferry and walk to Pier 11. It is going to take a while to get all the way from Bay Ridge to Yankee Stadium.
about 1.5 hrs

:thumbup:

Thanks.
about 1.5 hrs
We'll have to break up the good Doctor's trip with a stop in manhattan for some :shrug:

Forgot about this thread when I started my other one (I'll just copy and paste here and let that one die)....So the wife and I are going to NYC next weekend b/c we had some free plane tix/hotel to burn. We went 2 years ago and did all the typical touristy things, so I doubt we’ll be doing that again. I’ve got a few things currently planned, and a rough outline, but I’m looking for y’all to fill in the blanks and answer a few questions. :thumbup:Thursday· We arrive @ LGA @ 6. What are our options from LGA to the Hilton Garden Inn Times Square. What should a cab cost vs. a shuttle?· Meeting some friends for dinner that night, so nothing really planned thenFriday · Want to go to Lombardi’s for lunch · Going to see awesome80sprom, so we need to be @ Webster hall by 7:15· Have the rest of the day to do whatever….any recommendations? Possibly dinner around Webster hall?Saturday· Going to the 1:00 Yankee game and would like to go around the stadium before then for lunch/atmosphere. Assume the subway is the best bet here? What time should I leave the hotel and any lunch/atmosphere recommendations around Yankee Stadium?· No dinner plans, but the wife wants to go to Carmines and I know they don’t take reservations. But I need an alternative in case we can’t get there.· After dinner ideas?
A few maybe but, for the most part they will be trying to sell you to come in!!!My Family likes to eat at Angelo's...... They've gone there a while and Dad likes to chat with Angelo like a Paisan.
Don't know Angelos off-hand (is it in Little Italy?)... but all the places I mentioned need reservations at prime-times on the weekends. Some don't take them (Frank, I think). You should be good to go wlaking in during midweek.What kind of experience are you looking for? Fancy? "Hip"? "Neighborhoody"? Lowkey? etc.

Forgot about this thread when I started my other one (I'll just copy and paste here and let that one die)....So the wife and I are going to NYC next weekend b/c we had some free plane tix/hotel to burn. We went 2 years ago and did all the typical touristy things, so I doubt we’ll be doing that again. I’ve got a few things currently planned, and a rough outline, but I’m looking for y’all to fill in the blanks and answer a few questions. :rolleyes:Thursday· We arrive @ LGA @ 6. What are our options from LGA to the Hilton Garden Inn Times Square. What should a cab cost vs. a shuttle?· Meeting some friends for dinner that night, so nothing really planned thenFriday · Want to go to Lombardi’s for lunch · Going to see awesome80sprom, so we need to be @ Webster hall by 7:15· Have the rest of the day to do whatever….any recommendations? Possibly dinner around Webster hall?Saturday· Going to the 1:00 Yankee game and would like to go around the stadium before then for lunch/atmosphere. Assume the subway is the best bet here? What time should I leave the hotel and any lunch/atmosphere recommendations around Yankee Stadium?· No dinner plans, but the wife wants to go to Carmines and I know they don’t take reservations. But I need an alternative in case we can’t get there.· After dinner ideas?
Don't know Angelos off-hand (is it in Little Italy?)... but all the places I mentioned need reservations at prime-times on the weekends. Some don't take them (Frank, I think). You should be good to go wlaking in during midweek.What kind of experience are you looking for? Fancy? "Hip"? "Neighborhoody"? Lowkey? etc.
Just looking for something nice and semi-romantic. Nothing too extravagent. And we dont drink wine so thats not an issue. Our anniversary is a Friday night.

Forgot about this thread when I started my other one (I'll just copy and paste here and let that one die)....So the wife and I are going to NYC next weekend b/c we had some free plane tix/hotel to burn. We went 2 years ago and did all the typical touristy things, so I doubt we’ll be doing that again. I’ve got a few things currently planned, and a rough outline, but I’m looking for y’all to fill in the blanks and answer a few questions. :goodposting:Thursday· We arrive @ LGA @ 6. What are our options from LGA to the Hilton Garden Inn Times Square. What should a cab cost vs. a shuttle?· Meeting some friends for dinner that night, so nothing really planned thenFriday · Want to go to Lombardi’s for lunch · Going to see awesome80sprom, so we need to be @ Webster hall by 7:15· Have the rest of the day to do whatever….any recommendations? Possibly dinner around Webster hall?Saturday· Going to the 1:00 Yankee game and would like to go around the stadium before then for lunch/atmosphere. Assume the subway is the best bet here? What time should I leave the hotel and any lunch/atmosphere recommendations around Yankee Stadium?· No dinner plans, but the wife wants to go to Carmines and I know they don’t take reservations. But I need an alternative in case we can’t get there.· After dinner ideas?
Angelos is in Little italy.... Good Point though, now that I think of it I doubt I was ever there during "Prime Time" usually a Sunday late afternoon or midweek.

WHOA! I didn't know this ran out of Belford, that is a pretty nice scenic party ride up the Huddy!

Roast beef, mozz, and molasses. John's Deli, Brooklyn, NYhttp://www.yelp.com/biz/johns-deli-brooklyn-4
This is what I am talking about by the way:http://www.yelp.com/biz/supreme-roast-beef-danvers

Most places that I order a "hot" roast beef, keep it on the grill too long perhaps? Maybe I need to tell them exactly how long to put it on the grill, or maybe the grills in the North Shore are just set to a much lower temperature.

Just looking for something nice and semi-romantic. Nothing too extravagent. And we dont drink wine so thats not an issue. Our anniversary is a Friday night.
One of my favorite spots is Il Buco on Bond St... very romantic, amazing food but not uptight at all. Maybe a little pricey, but a perfect spot for an anniversary, IMO. FWIW- the menu is very meat intensive, so if you're vegeterians, it's probably not the spot. Great location for pre/post action.I also like The Orchard on Orchard St. It's a little less- dunno- "special" occasion IMO, but it's got good food, a little less expensive than Il Buco and puts you smack in the LES on the weekend for some good pre/post dinner strolling/people-watching/drinking etc.

eta: Orchard link...

Also- there's Fallai on Clinton St... I like less than the other two, but I know a lot of people who rave about it.

Sorry- these are all Evil/LES spots- I know there are some great Italian joints on the west side, but I can only tell what I know and frequent often.

This is what I am talking about by the way:http://www.yelp.com/biz/supreme-roast-beef-danvers

Most places that I order a "hot" roast beef, keep it on the grill too long perhaps? Maybe I need to tell them exactly how long to put it on the grill, or maybe the grills in the North Shore are just set to a much lower temperature.
lol- dunno what to say... this is the kind of thing I'd just approach my local deli with and keep going back until they get it right- then they'll know how to make it and you'll be that "hot roastbeef" guy.

I was craving a steak yesterday so I hit up Rosie O'Grady's. Steak was good, I got the NY strip for $35 and I had a hard time finishing it, it was huge. I typically go to Ted's which is also in my neighborhood and has some bargain prices for decent cuts but smaller portions.

Users who are viewing this thread