What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

NFC Championship GB@Seattle (1 Viewer)

Feels like a blowout. GB clearly the better team, but Seattle defense keeping them in it for the moment. If Seattle offense comes out and lays an egg with first possession this could get really ugly fast. That said, I'm still glad Wilson is the QB in Seattle. Even if he plays poorly in the second half I'm still going to be confident in his ability to win games in the future.

6 turnovers and 9 penalties in this half. Nice game. Kind of feel like the Ravens-Pats game was the Super Bowl
Yep. At least everyone knew the Pats offense had a chance to come back from being down 14. Seattle just doesn't have the playmakers on offense to make a big comeback like that.

I think Russel has a concussion thanks to the dirty Clay Mathews.
Dirty? What? That was a clean hit.
No
Everyone in the booth and on the field who saw it says it was. :shrug:

Not sure what your evidence is.
If the hit wasn't on Wilson the ref doesn't throw a flag. I've never heard a "blindside block" flagged before today. Those change of possession blocks happen all the time.
Yeah Kearse got lit up too on the same play, no flag. It's the NFC championship and the legion of boom is already crying about getting out-boomed.

I'd feel a lot better if Green Bay had a 24+ lead. They totally could have.
How about a 23 point lead? That wouldn't make you feel a lot better?
Against this team and this D?

One score is good, two is better, and with three you can book tickets to the SB. They have no weapons to come back with.

But McCarthy guaranteed it would be only two, and SEA starts with the ball. Carroll will settle Russ down. This game ain't over. :shrug:

But SEA needs to wake up in a HURRY.
Because 23 isn't a 3 possession game?

Feels like a blowout. GB clearly the better team, but Seattle defense keeping them in it for the moment. If Seattle offense comes out and lays an egg with first possession this could get really ugly fast. That said, I'm still glad Wilson is the QB in Seattle. Even if he plays poorly in the second half I'm still going to be confident in his ability to pilot an othewise great team to not losing in the future.
FTFY

Matthews penalty was a bit of a cheap shot but understandable when the QB is running around in the middle of the field. Definitely a flag. Pack getting a slight edge in the 50/50 calls from refs but nothing that is too crazy.

Hawks just getting their asses kicked really.

I think it's the right move to go for 2 this early if they score on the opening drive of the 2H. The difference between being down by 9 or 10 isn't a big deal compared to the probability of making it a one-score game.

6 turnovers and 9 penalties in this half. Nice game. Kind of feel like the Ravens-Pats game was the Super Bowl
Yep. At least everyone knew the Pats offense had a chance to come back from being down 14. Seattle just doesn't have the playmakers on offense to make a big comeback like that.
Fortunately, Dom Capers and Shawn Slocum know how to help an opposing team engineer a comeback. As long as they are around, Seattle has a great chance to turn this game around!

What does Seattle risk if they trot Wilson back on to the field in the second half? He clearly isn't right.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think Russel has a concussion thanks to the dirty Clay Mathews.
Dirty? What? That was a clean hit.
No
Everyone in the booth and on the field who saw it says it was. :shrug:

Not sure what your evidence is.
If the hit wasn't on Wilson the ref doesn't throw a flag. I've never heard a "blindside block" flagged before today. Those change of possession blocks happen all the time.
They are starting to call it but very inconsistently. On turnovers they call it more bc QBs and punters would get lit up 50 yards from the play but Wilson was making a play on the guy. CBs get lit up like that all the time and people cheer. Almost giving the guy the bebefit of not being aware.

One score is good, two is better, and with three you can book tickets to the SB. They have no weapons to come back with.

But McCarthy guaranteed it would be only two, and SEA starts with the ball. Carroll will settle Russ down. This game ain't over. :shrug:

Pretty sure that was addressed. Might want to save your postage on that MENSA application. :shrug:

Wow. Big thing here is remembering that Seattle DOES adjust well at halftime.
And the Packers historically do not adjust well.
This is what I am worried about, and the biggest issue they have with adjustment is on the D.
And what exactly would cause a team to not adjust well at the half?
An old school D coordinator that is not a very good D coordinator IMO. Obviously better than I am but not as good as other DCs.

I think it's the right move to go for 2 this early if they score on the opening drive of the 2H. The difference between being down by 9 or 10 isn't a big deal compared to the probability of making it a one-score game.
What did you see in the 1st half that makes you think they are scoring a TD on their opening drive?

Lynch isn't used to getting beaten up like he has been today. Usually it's him dishing it out, but the Pack have been absolutely teeing off on him today.

Last edited by a moderator:
This is what I am worried about, and the biggest issue they have with adjustment is on the D.
An old school D coordinator that is not a very good D coordinator IMO. Obviously better than I am but not as good as other DCs.
Head coaches have a say in picking their coordinators, no?

Pretty sure that was addressed. Might want to save your postage on that MENSA application. :shrug:
:mellow:

Head coaches have a say in picking their coordinators, no?
IIRC he didn't, it was Thompson.

McCarthy is a doofus. A really good coach would be pissed they didn't score TD's early in the game, not beaming that they're up 16-0.

Users who are viewing this thread