What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

NFL.com's Fantasy Host Site... (1 Viewer)

vasco75

Footballguy
Greetings fellow shark poolers...

Looking to get some feedback on NFL.com's fantasy host capabilities.

I run a league that doesn't have many dynamic rules (no keepers, pretty straightforward rules, auction re-draft) that we've previously held on CBS. Although CBS's live scoring is the best, not sure it justifies the cost when there is a possibility of moving to a free site.

My question is, has anyone ever used NFL.com as their host site?

If so, is it good? Did you love it? Easy interface? Did you hate it?

Look forward to hearing any feedback that's out there...

Thanks. :popcorn:

I'm not sure about NFL.com, but I will never use Fox or CBS ever again.

Two years ago one of my leagues switched from CBS to Fox since CBS actually charged money to run the league. CBS also had major issues with the site. Every weekend the stat tracker would break like not counting QB scores. The commish wanted to move to Fox so we all signed up. That was a terrible mistake.

Fox had games where the score reflected me winning, but yet showed up as a loss in the overall standings. The site would crash and ads galore. The stat tracker had to be constantly refreshed to be updated. The commish had to email the site admins almost every week to make corrections. After the season was over Fox sent me an email saying they were sorry for being so garbage, and that they were revamping the site. That league ended up folding last year so we never got to switch to another site.

I usually run a couple leagues on Yahoo and have never had too many issues. Every once in a while stats are wrong, but they usually get updated early Tuesday morning. They've also added features to keep up with the times like drag and drop rosters, etc.

NFL.com just uses CBSsports as a backend. It's just CBS with a different graphic. Dont quote me on that... but i'm reasonably sure it's the same website.

Last time I was on NFL.com it was same interface as CBS.

If you are going free, low impact, ESPN is awesome.

NFL launched a new look last year, it looks nothing like CBS.

Many of your answers will come in a few weeks when NFL puts out the 2012 site. They supposedly spent most of the offseason making tweaks and enhancements.

Users who are viewing this thread