What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

NFT Anonymous Group - Where we frivolously spend crypto gains on digital animal cartoons. (1 Viewer)

Nice. Which cover art did you get?

The space is so fluid things i wrote a week or so ago don't apply. When I first started watching and learning, VeVe had about  20k members. Now over 300k. You had almost a minute to work the buy button a month ago. Then 30 seconds. Then ten seconds. Now one second. I got shut out. I blame my blind bid waivers in my money league. Happens at the same time. haha

Lots of whining out there.

Next up Throg - Saturday same time same place. $50 blind drop. Very few rares, only 3 super rares, minting 13k instead of 9k. Comments show something I was talking about. Great place for those with just $100 to start building. Man do poor people ##### alot. I am all in on the $50 drop.

I'm not selling any of these this year. Alpha is great to learn from, but the floors have been dropping big while the demand to score at 8am has become absurd. There's a few solid follows on Twitter. Where the conversation is rational, there's great expectations that this massive 8am demand is going to lead to equally massive price hikes when a much larger slice of the old school collector's demographic finds out about these. That's going to require Eth 2.0 on Open Sea + VeVe letting us into open markets. Hodl Captain America, I think. Selling in a month for a hundred might seem like a bad idea next year. Congrats, Nate.
I got the white one on the middle left. It was the one-notch-above-Common one, which is fine with me! I believe it was /5000 available. 

Pretty cool.

Chaos Commish said:
As an example, the Starship Enterprises I sold for 1800 the next day are now only worth 500. My enthusiasm is being challenged. Hodl.
How do I see the recent sales? I see the Marketplace but only see ones currently for sale, and I can't find a way to filter to sold listings. 

How do I see the recent sales? I see the Marketplace but only see ones currently for sale, and I can't find a way to filter to sold listings. 
I'm sure the developers are working on this feature. I read about the pricing on twitter. I pretty

twitter open 24/7. I didn't bookmark a side-project that's posting current floors, but I am sure I can find it later. Not the same as sales but a decent reference. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Just bought a Used TOm Brady from draftkings.

just downloaded VEVE to my phone.

Am I missing a big marketplace?

Just bought a Used TOm Brady from draftkings.

just downloaded VEVE to my phone.

Am I missing a big marketplace?
Which Brady?  Is there future utility in these things?

I just scored one of the Tiger carbon signed /100's last week.  By far my biggest NFT win, I was 111th in line (don't ever leave if you're somewhat close).  Floor started out around 4k, then there was a climb to the 6-7k range, and it's sitting now just below 10k.  

I'm trying to get complete sales history from DK because I haven't been watching their MP much since I missed out on Brady/Jeter.  I imagine they will not provide it to me, but they really should be providing this to everyone by now.  If anyone knows Brady/Jeter/Wayne peaks/dips (most comparable to Tiger), please let me know I would appreciate it!

I just scored one of the Tiger carbon signed /100's last week.  By far my biggest NFT win, I was 111th in line (don't ever leave if you're somewhat close).  Floor started out around 4k, then there was a climb to the 6-7k range, and it's sitting now just below 10k.  

I'm trying to get complete sales history from DK because I haven't been watching their MP much since I missed out on Brady/Jeter.  I imagine they will not provide it to me, but they really should be providing this to everyone by now.  If anyone knows Brady/Jeter/Wayne peaks/dips (most comparable to Tiger), please let me know I would appreciate it!

Nice.  Congrats on the Tiger /100.  That's a huge hit.

Someone else posted a link where you can track sales.  See Below.

https://www.thestandardguide.com/tom-brady-sapphire-premier

What about actual real world document security applications for NFT?  Medical records etc.  Are there any companies working on such items where we can invest?

WOW!  nice.  I have no idea what im doing.  But I paid $550 for this lol

https://marketplace.draftkings.com/listings/collectibles/dbfa106d26964296b2c12ef66e79303e/editions/756

Update on the Doge Pound which I was pamping earlier.  They launched the first project, Deez Nuts, off their new launchpad last week.  While not raging gains so far, I've been able to sell at 2.5X of my mint cost so far.  New, higher profile projects are coming down the pipeline including partnerships with NBA players and JRNY Crypto (big YT crypto influencer).  Alex Becker, another crypto influencer, tweeted this morning that they'll begin a passive income component similar to Cyberkongs (which pays over $200K a year based on current pricing).  The Doge Pound floor has moved from 0.7 to 2.4 since the launchpad news a couple weeks ago.  I've been really impressed with the work and communication of the project's leader and having the backing of two big name Crypto Twitter influencers is invaluable.    

Update on the Doge Pound which I was pamping earlier.  They launched the first project, Deez Nuts, off their new launchpad last week.  While not raging gains so far, I've been able to sell at 2.5X of my mint cost so far.  New, higher profile projects are coming down the pipeline including partnerships with NBA players and JRNY Crypto (big YT crypto influencer).  Alex Becker, another crypto influencer, tweeted this morning that they'll begin a passive income component similar to Cyberkongs (which pays over $200K a year based on current pricing).  The Doge Pound floor has moved from 0.7 to 2.4 since the launchpad news a couple weeks ago.  I've been really impressed with the work and communication of the project's leader and having the backing of two big name Crypto Twitter influencers is invaluable.    
The space is so wide and diverse we travel in distant parts. I've minted five Eternal Royals and bought three more to make 4 sets of kings and queens. They come with 30x40 canvases, which I cannot wait to display in this home office. Have a perfect wall for them. 4 are pretty common. 3 have nice rarity features. 1 is going to pluto next year, I think. Quite rare.

Still comfy with and ignoring crypto to feed an obsession for NFTs. Pounding every VeVe minting and bought a super rare shortly after missing out on the mint. Just $3500 and the current floor is over 20k. Not inclined to sell anything. They all go in the 401k. I follow a couple veve guys like you follow Becker. It's all the same. We're all buying Leer jets soon. :)

The space is so wide and diverse we travel in distant parts. I've minted five Eternal Royals and bought three more to make 4 sets of kings and queens. They come with 30x40 canvases, which I cannot wait to display in this home office. Have a perfect wall for them. 4 are pretty common. 3 have nice rarity features. 1 is going to pluto next year, I think. Quite rare.

Still comfy with and ignoring crypto to feed an obsession for NFTs. Pounding every VeVe minting and bought a super rare shortly after missing out on the mint. Just $3500 and the current floor is over 20k. Not inclined to sell anything. They all go in the 401k. I follow a couple veve guys like you follow Becker. It's all the same. We're all buying Leer jets soon. :)
Despite my good intentions and disdain for Ethereum gas fees, I'm still entrenched in the ETH NFT ecosystem.  I was able to score one of the 2,000 Alex Becker Neo Tokyo NFTs.  Despite it being a "free" mint, I paid $340 in gas fees.  Nonetheless, it's already got a floor price of $30K and climbing, so I won't complain too much.

ETA - I think I've done about 2 hours of work in the last couple of weeks.  Ungood.

Despite my good intentions and disdain for Ethereum gas fees, I'm still entrenched in the ETH NFT ecosystem.  I was able to score one of the 2,000 Alex Becker Neo Tokyo NFTs.  Despite it being a "free" mint, I paid $340 in gas fees.  Nonetheless, it's already got a floor price of $30K and climbing, so I won't complain too much.

ETA - I think I've done about 2 hours of work in the last couple of weeks.  Ungood.
Tried following along on their tweets the past few weeks and just couldn't do it.  They're way more scattered then they think they are in their own minds.  And I know they said it was not going to be easy.  But still.  

Tried following along on their tweets the past few weeks and just couldn't do it.  They're way more scattered then they think they are in their own minds.  And I know they said it was not going to be easy.  But still.  
It was a cluster by the end.  People who worked harder than I did weren't able to get in due to screw ups and confusion.  I was lucky enough to be in the right discord where someone was feeding us the steps so that when our number was called, I was ready.  

Basic question 

what is the point or purpose in buying an NFT?
Could be one of several points or purposes:  Collectibles (just like baseball cards or physical art pieces), prestige (look at me, I can afford a $1M Cryptopunk), being part of a community (we're all working on this project together), speculation on prices (this thing is going to go up in value and will pay me a healthy dividend).  

I guy I work with got in early on some NFT-related crypto or blockchain thing a few years ago.  He just retired.  He's like 40.

Damn.

• Love
Reactions: Ned
I think we should all pick a project that is just getting off the ground. At this stage in my life I'm not sure how much I'm going to interact with a new social group just because we bought the same jpg. I'd rather take an existing social group (FBG) and go into a project together. As far as risk I'm willing to enter at .5 ETH or maybe anything less than 1 ETH if the project seems robust.

Who's in?

I think we should all pick a project that is just getting off the ground. At this stage in my life I'm not sure how much I'm going to interact with a new social group just because we bought the same jpg. I'd rather take an existing social group (FBG) and go into a project together. As far as risk I'm willing to enter at .5 ETH or maybe anything less than 1 ETH if the project seems robust.

Who's in?
In.

Who's in?
I will tell you this.  What Alex Becker is building with the Neo Tokyo NFT is going to be huge going forward.  It'll effectively be 2,000 people, myself included, working to discover opportunities in the crypto and NFT space 24-7.  I'll make sure to pass along some hot tips.

Awesome.  What are your plans?  Two really gives you some optionality.
I honestly don't know. Reveal is next week. Floor on OS right now is 5.2 ETH unrevealed. Not going to sell until I see what I have. Seeing that I had been selected in the raffle was such a shock. I kept checking the discord channel to see if it was a mistake and everyone could see the page I was seeing. When I clicked the mint button I kept getting a error over and over for about 15 minutes. Finally clicked and no error but it hung for another 30 minutes. Decided to go back and open the main page of the website again and it finally synced with my wallet. So stressful!

I honestly don't know. Reveal is next week. Floor on OS right now is 5.2 ETH unrevealed. Not going to sell until I see what I have. Seeing that I had been selected in the raffle was such a shock. I kept checking the discord channel to see if it was a mistake and everyone could see the page I was seeing. When I clicked the mint button I kept getting a error over and over for about 15 minutes. Finally clicked and no error but it hung for another 30 minutes. Decided to go back and open the main page of the website again and it finally synced with my wallet. So stressful!
Wow.  Yeah, these mints are crazy stress.  Hopefully your luck continues and you land something rare.

Talked to my cousin about this last night, as he's into this stuff.  He's like, "...you could try Gutter Cats and Gutter Pigeons, just go to opensea.io and get yourself an account, and also from there if you're interested in Claylings let me know and we can transfer some ETH, from there maybe expand into the metaverse"  and I'm like WAIT WTF ARE YOU SAYING

Who's in?
In for 0.05 ETH.

Talked to my cousin about this last night, as he's into this stuff.  He's like, "...you could try Gutter Cats and Gutter Pigeons, just go to opensea.io and get yourself an account, and also from there if you're interested in Claylings let me know and we can transfer some ETH, from there maybe expand into the metaverse"  and I'm like WAIT WTF ARE YOU SAYING
Less than an hours worth of videos to get you up to speed.  Get used to watching kids explain this stuff to us old folks.  It's definitely not too late. 

General NFT walkthrough

Metamask wallet

Finding projects early

For those with smaller budgets, I'd suggest spending your time and money on projects on Solana or Immutable X where there's no, if any, gas fees.  Ethereum gas fees are ridiculous (I paid over $300 for one transaction the other day), so they'll put a significant dent in your portfolio.  

For those with smaller budgets, I'd suggest spending your time and money on projects on Solana or Immutable X where there's no, if any, gas fees.  Ethereum gas fees are ridiculous (I paid over $300 for one transaction the other day), so they'll put a significant dent in your portfolio.  
Our 1st was a project on ethereum (Colony). Seemed more complicated than I'd like and you really had to try to time things to pay as little as possible for gas.

2nd was on Solana (SOL Tigers). Easier process and fees are in the range where you barely care.

I like both projects but view these as long term not buy and flip.

Users who are viewing this thread