What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

NHL Off-Season thread:Down goes Kane! (1 Viewer)

HUGE comeback win for the Bruins tonight. Now six clear of Florida and potentially five of Ottawa (minus the game in hand), depending on what happens in Detroit.

But I bet the Canadiens or Rangers will be glad they don't have to face those pesky Panthers or Sens in the playoffs.

Went to edit my prior post to include a link, and deleted it on mobile instead.

Anyway, had said that Byfuglien should be sitting for a game for this cross check to the back of JT Miller's neck. Watching it over again, I think it should be more but with no injury, I'm sure it'll get nothing.

https://vine.co/v/OLPirE2zx5Y

Anyway, had said that Byfuglien should be sitting for a game for this cross check to the back of JT Miller's neck. Watching it over again, I think it should be more but with no injury, I'm sure it'll get nothing.

That's not good.
The hit to the neck is bad enough but what's really terrible is how he put his entire fat ### behind the hit as he drove his stick down.

That's not good.
The hit to the neck is bad enough but what's really terrible is how he put his entire fat ### behind the hit as he drove his stick down.
Absolutely uncalled for and complete intent to injure. Hope the league looks at that one and sits his fat ### down a few games. At least he got undressed by Kreider for the GWG, and then took a penalty to effectively end the game with a minute left.

Last edited by a moderator:
Filip Forsberg with maybe the worst SO attempt I've ever seen. Tried a weak forehand cutting through the right circle from about 25 feet away.

E Street Brat said:
Capella said:
Doctor Detroit said:
Maple Leafs first lead in 581 minutes. Pop the champagne?
Crazy the Bolts are losing, and handily, to this team.
They haven't been able to bottom feed since since the all star game like they did in the first half.I was very impressed with the way

koekkoek played tonight.
He looked great. If healthy, I expect to see him up next year.

Starting to sniff Stub Hub playoff tickets - Bought 1 so far for Isles 1st home game..

If this turns into NYR vs NYI tickets are going to be insane!!!! Wish I bought that package months back.

Ovechkin with his 50th goal last night and it now marks his 6th season of hitting that mark and joins some very elite company.

Mike Bossy, Wayne Gretzky, Marcel Dionne, Guy Lafleur, and Mario Lemieux are the only other players to hit 50 goals six times. :thumbup:

It's pretty amazing how quick he gets his shot off from the time it gets to his stick.Sure he has his flaws but when it comes to goal scoring he really has no rival with the exception of Stamkos.

RUSF18 said:

BREAKING NEWS- As Per @NHLPlayerSafety #Jets Dustin Byfuglien will have a hearing tomorrow for cross-checking NY Rangers forward J.T. MillerETA: phone hearing. Max of 5 games

Last edited by a moderator:
RUSF18 said:

BREAKING NEWS- As Per @NHLPlayerSafety #Jets Dustin Byfuglien will have a hearing tomorrow for cross-checking NY Rangers forward J.T. MillerETA: phone hearing. Max of 5 games
Someone on Deadspin made a point I didn't realize...he was inches from driving Miller's face right into the goalie's exposed skate blade.

Starting to sniff Stub Hub playoff tickets - Bought 1 so far for Isles 1st home game..

If this turns into NYR vs NYI tickets are going to be insane!!!! Wish I bought that package months back.
How much?

Checked it out a few days ago and prices were just silly.

RUSF18 said:

Someone on Deadspin made a point I didn't realize...he was inches from driving Miller's face right into the goalie's exposed skate blade.
:yes: Absolutely. We could've had two nasty skate-to-face incidents last night.

Love Byfuglien from his time witht he Blackhawks, but what the hell was he thinking?
he was pissed about something. Went on all night
Anyone cheap shot Buff previous to that? That was a really dangerous hit for sure and hope he sits for a few games.
Not that Im aware of

Maybe he wanted to play tough against the best team in the league
Love Byfuglien from his time witht he Blackhawks, but what the hell was he thinking?
he was pissed about something. Went on all night
Anyone cheap shot Buff previous to that? That was a really dangerous hit for sure and hope he sits for a few games.
Not that Im aware of

Maybe he wanted to play tough against the best team in the league
Never realized you were so subtle. :D

How much?

$160 up top row E (not bad).... I bought 1 so far before the public on sale to hedge in case a NYR matchup happens which will make that price look cheap...

How much?

$160 up top row E (not bad).... I bought 1 so far before the public on sale to hedge in case a NYR matchup happens which will make that price look cheap...
Losing faith already

How much?

Losing faith already
Nothing to do with Faith, just $$$... We're talking about a point either way right now between NYR / MTL and a point between NYI / PITT and WAS

Best case scenario for me is, I keep buying and we play the Rangers!!!!!!! Makes me want to lay out for 2 tix per game.

Would be fitting to beat the Rangers given how the Isles franchise was born kicking NYR ### and has 3 more cups since then

;)

The officiating is ####### disgraceful this season. Every single game. Kunitz slashes Rinaldo, they call embellishment on Rinaldo. Wasn't even close. Calls that aren't even close to penalties are being called, but the interference/holding that goes on is ignored.

Ovechkin got clearly tripped last night and they called him for embellishment along with the trip. Hate it. If someone draws a penalty, they shouldn't get whistled for their reaction to getting hacked or tripped

Latest odds by Bovada: http://www.cbssports.com/nhl/eye-on-hockey/25132159/nhl-odds-new-york-rangers-now-favored-to-win-stanley-cup

New York Rangers – 13/2

Chicago Blackhawks – 7/1
Minnesota Wild – 8/1
Anaheim Ducks – 9/1
Montreal Canadiens – 10/1
St. Louis Blues – 10/1
Tampa Bay Lightning – 10/1
Nashville Predators – 14/1
Pittsburgh Penguins – 14/1
Los Angeles Kings – 16/1
Boston Bruins – 18/1
New York Islanders – 18/1
Detroit Red Wings – 20/1
Vancouver Canucks – 20/1
Washington Capitals – 22/1
Calgary Flames – 33/1
Winnipeg Jets – 40/1
Ottawa Senators – 50/1
Florida Panthers – 300/

Latest odds by Bovada: http://www.cbssports.com/nhl/eye-on-hockey/25132159/nhl-odds-new-york-rangers-now-favored-to-win-stanley-cup

New York Rangers – 13/2

Chicago Blackhawks – 7/1

Minnesota Wild – 8/1

Anaheim Ducks – 9/1

Montreal Canadiens – 10/1

St. Louis Blues – 10/1

Tampa Bay Lightning – 10/1

Nashville Predators – 14/1

Pittsburgh Penguins – 14/1

Los Angeles Kings – 16/1

Boston Bruins – 18/1

New York Islanders – 18/1

Detroit Red Wings – 20/1

Vancouver Canucks – 20/1

Washington Capitals – 22/1

Calgary Flames – 33/1

Winnipeg Jets – 40/1

Ottawa Senators – 50/1

Florida Panthers – 300/
glad I got in at 18/1 :mellow:

Jagr pulls into a tie for fourth all-time in NHL scoring with his 1,798th point.

Not sure what still blows my mind more ... that Ron Francis is fourth all time in points, or that Mike Gartner is No. 7 all time with 708 goals. And that's having watched both those guys for their entire careers.

Users who are viewing this thread