What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Nielsen Ratings Family (1 Viewer)

SHIZNITTTT

Footballguy
Got a letter today asking me to participate in a Nielsen ratings.  Was wondering if anyone from here has participated with Nielsen.  What can I expect?  

My family was a Nielsen family from 2004-06.  At first, it was a fun novelty, but after a while it became a pain because--at least with the boxes they had at the time--every time you changed the channel you had to re-log in who was watching. If you like to channel surf during commercials, as we do, it gets pretty old pretty fast.  Nevertheless, we hung in there for our full two year term.

So the letters in the mail are different than being a full fledged Neilson house.

If you want to do it, they will come out and install boxes on your TV's, Computers, etc. Every time you turn the TV on, you will just push a button for who is watching...So 1=Dad, 2=Mom, 3=Kid #1, etc.

We got a check every 3 months I think...And after two years got a couple grand worth of payments for doing it. Not to mention the random drop in's by the local rep who would bring over a cheesecake and a $20 bill just to say thanks. Felt really odd the whole time, but I really have nothing but good things to say about them. They know they cant provide data without your input, so they are very appreciative for you cooperation.

Ask away, I think I got a pretty good grasp on the whole concept.

A few thousand dollars? Sign me up
I had the complete opposite experience.  I think I received one $50 check at the start of it, and didn't get anything after that.  Supposed to get $50 any time I upgraded a TV.  I contacted them when that happened and didn't get those checks either.  Add to that the boxes blipping out and them texting/calling quite a bit and it became a hassle. 

Neilson approached us today to be a household. Thankfully, they upgraded the boxes that are attached to the tv's. You no longer have to log in every time, etc. Completely 'hands off' now. Don't have to choose who is watching when, etc.

Users who are viewing this thread