What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

No more Yudkin? (1 Viewer)

A few of us (me, Yudkin, Levin, etc.) have moved on. I can only speak for myself but FBG is a great place to work and Joe and David have a great vision for where they want to take FBG. Best of luck to them.

A few of us (me, Yudkin, Levin, etc.) have moved on. I can only speak for myself but FBG is a great place to work and Joe and David have a great vision for where they want to take FBG. Best of luck to them.
dang it, see I used to look at your ranking and know who not to take, then look at Yudkins and know who to take.

:)

dang it, see I used to look at your ranking and know who not to take, then look at Yudkins and know who to take.

Interesting since I didn't enter rankings the last three years. ;)

I certainly hope David hangs around and does the Anarchy leagues, those were his idea and not affiliated with FBG in any way.

No wonder my cheatsheets have looked so odd...

right when I stoppped buy the FBG subscipt GB

hopefully he maintains a presence on the forums. always held his opinions in high regard. and obv had great insider pats info.

Abraham said:
There is a FBG office?

When I first discovered this forum/site in 2003, David was the reason I kept coming back. That was before he was on the staff, but his analysis was so spot on that I would click on his profile every day just to access his most recent postings. I was preparing for my first Dynasty draft and the best information I got for my draft prep at that time was from reading his posts.

Sorry to see him go and wish him the best. :thumbup:

Abraham said:
:sadbanana:

-QG

Definitely hopes he continues to share his knowledge on the message board.

Have had many good discussions with him over the years.

Abraham said:
bicycle_seat_sniffer said:
Abraham said:

:lol:

gandalas said:
Frankbot said:
Are we allowed to know where you're all moving on TO?
:goodposting:
Dave Yudkin's Overview Current

[*]President / Certified Professional Resume Writer at R & D Designs / Creative Professional Resumes

Past

[*]Senior Writer / Analyst at Footballguys.com

[*]VP, Operations at Associated Booksellers, Inc.

[*]Management Consultant - Human Resources at State of Connecticut
Hmm, so no current FFB gigs? :missing:
None of those sound like real jobs.Maybe he really is a pro resume writer

Sorry to see Yudkin go. We didn't always agree which means I was usually wrong. :D

Thanks for what you guys provided. I wish they would have been ceremoniously thanked by Joe & David.

No one knows Pats info as well as David nor puts it in perspective as well as him.

I hope he's onto bigger and better things; whatever that might mean to him.

Thanks for everything David.

Good luck and God Bless.

Sounds like a funeral in here.

Anarchy never really goes away. It just changes intensity.

I am not sure who else is going to mess up Calbears picks.

When I first discovered this forum/site in 2003, David was the reason I kept coming back. That was before he was on the staff, but his analysis was so spot on that I would click on his profile every day just to access his most recent postings. I was preparing for my first Dynasty draft and the best information I got for my draft prep at that time was from reading his posts.

PU-LEAZE . . . The guy was a putz and a legend in his own mind. He was full of himself and no one else could ever have an opinion that didn't agree with his. THANK GOODNESS he's gone. :wink:

As far as the Pats insider information goes, my main source of intel was Mike Reiss (back when he was with the Globe). We were BFFs at the time and spent countless nights communicating at 2 or 3 in the morning. He generally knows WAY MORE than ever gets reported officially, but the problem is without sources and verification he could never print what he knew. Plus he always had to play nice with the Pats brass or risk getting blacklisted.

We had an interesting way to work things. He wouldn't tell me confidential information outright, but if I guessed it or asked him about things, he would then tell me what was going on. My great claim to fame with Reiss was in the 2007-2008 post season when I alerted him about an incident alleging Randy Moss had injured a woman while on a date. He was actually at a press conference where Moss was speaking. I emailed Reiss the actual court papers that the woman had filed and he read them off to Moss. Reiss hit up Moss on the issue live while I was interacting with Reiss on his phone. It was awesome.

Another great source of information for me over the years has been Karen Guregian. She and I have had countless conversations about all things Pats. My claim to fame with her was in the 2007 preseason, and I gave her my convoluted reasoning that the Pats were at some point going to trade for Randy Moss. Similarly, I outlined pre-Moss exodus that the Pats were going to ship him off somewhere in the upcoming weeks, most likely Minnesota (and obviously that happened too).

Other folks along the way that I have gone back and forth with on a lesser extent have included Shalise Manza Young, Greg Bedard, and Bert Breer. But I did not develop quite the same rapport with them.

And I also know someone that has nothing at all to do with the Pats who is good friends with BB. For the most part, he has access to just about anywhere. On many occasions, he's flown with the team and has been known to hang out with players, coaches, and team officials. He's been over to BB's house and has eaten dinner with him on numerous occasions. I've even been texted pictures of BB's house. But like Reiss, I could never say that something was going on based on a private conversation over dinner with BB, as that's never going to be considered official or be a credible source.

As far as the Pats insider information goes, my main source of intel was Mike Reiss (back when he was with the Globe). We were BFFs at the time and spent countless nights communicating at 2 or 3 in the morning. He generally knows WAY MORE than ever gets reported officially, but the problem is without sources and verification he could never print what he knew. Plus he always had to play nice with the Pats brass or risk getting blacklisted.

We had an interesting way to work things. He wouldn't tell me confidential information outright, but if I guessed it or asked him about things, he would then tell me what was going on. My great claim to fame with Reiss was in the 2007-2008 post season when I alerted him about an incident alleging Randy Moss had injured a woman while on a date. He was actually at a press conference where Moss was speaking. I emailed Reiss the actual court papers that the woman had filed and he read them off to Moss. Reiss hit up Moss on the issue live while I was interacting with Reiss on his phone. It was awesome.

Another great source of information for me over the years has been Karen Guregian. She and I have had countless conversations about all things Pats. My claim to fame with her was in the 2007 preseason, and I gave her my convoluted reasoning that the Pats were at some point going to trade for Randy Moss. Similarly, I outlined pre-Moss exodus that the Pats were going to ship him off somewhere in the upcoming weeks, most likely Minnesota (and obviously that happened too).

Other folks along the way that I have gone back and forth with on a lesser extent have included Shalise Manza Young, Greg Bedard, and Bert Breer. But I did not develop quite the same rapport with them.

And I also know someone that has nothing at all to do with the Pats who is good friends with BB. For the most part, he has access to just about anywhere. On many occasions, he's flown with the team and has been known to hang out with players, coaches, and team officials. He's been over to BB's house and has eaten dinner with him on numerous occasions. I've even been texted pictures of BB's house. But like Reiss, I could never say that something was going on based on a private conversation over dinner with BB, as that's never going to be considered official or be a credible source.
Same way with Miami and Omar Kelly, he was irate with them for using him to get info out about Albert which seems less and less likely. That's why when folks are citing beat writers as "the word" I tend to question it as a lot of the time they are puppets for the organization. If I were a Miami Dolphins beat writer and wrote like I do here in the SP which pretty much roasts everything the club does...they would never let near the players or front office.

Good stuff Anarchy :wink:

PU-LEAZE . . . The guy was a putz and a legend in his own mind. He was full of himself and no one else could ever have an opinion that didn't agree with his. THANK GOODNESS he's gone. :wink:
Plus his head is shaped like a football.

Dang, just discovering this thread. Didn't realize David (or Levin for that matter) wasn't with FBG anymore. :-( Always appreciated both of those guys' input. Don't be a stranger to the boards, David.
BTW David, I wasn't able to PM you, what's the deal?

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread