What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

No trouble falling asleep, but staying asleep a different story (1 Viewer)

One hour before sleep I take 2 Olly’s (melatonin and other stuff) + 1 kiva midnight blueberry gummy. Can’t tell you how much it’s helped. I’m tired when I go to bed, fall asleep within 10 minutes and stay asleep. And I used to be a hard core sleeping pill guy after terrible insomnia.

So today was day 3 of no Monsters/no caffeine. The first 2.5 days I was all good. This afternoon and night I started feeling sluggish with a nasty headache right now. Does that make sense to have caffeine withdrawal 2.5 days after stopping?
For me, withdrawals really started at about the 4-5 day mark and it took about 2 months before I felt ok again, 3 months until I felt great. Unless you're one of the lucky ones it's likely going to get worse before it gets better. I can tell you it will be worth it if you stick with it but know that could be a tough road ahead. As I wrote in my initial post you'll be sleeping the best you have in years by about Thanksgiving but over the next month the insomnia is probably going to get worse. Good luck! You can do it. Hopefully it won't be too bad for you. The ability to sleep soundly through the night far outweighs the short-term discomfort you're about to go through.
man, when i quit drinking soda the caffeine withdrawals/headaches/malaise were horrible. worst i've ever felt for at least 2 months. then it was just.. gone and everything felt bright and fresh. sleep quality improved dramatically. energy levels went way up. no more mid-day energy dip and i wasn't cranky.

caffeine & sugar are wild

Came in to post the same thing. I had this problem several years ago. Doctor said to cut back on the sugar and caffeine and a lot of my sleeping issues were resolved on their own and very quickly.

Users who are viewing this thread