What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

No trouble falling asleep, but staying asleep a different story (1 Viewer)

Morning 1 of the no Monster revolution! I'm having a Grape Gatorade Zero right now instead. Still has that "sweet tarts" taste so similar taste experience.

It could be just early placebo effect, but no caffeine at all yesterday and last night I woke up once around 3am due to my phone beeping with a text, but fell right back asleep and didn't wake til 8am. I had a slight dull headache yesterday, but nothing major.

Today is day 2 of no Monsters and I'm not really craving it. Having my Grape Gatorade Zero right now and I really think it's just the taste, and not the caffeine, that I liked in the morning. Don't think this will be hard at all for me to quit the Monsters.

After this, really the only bad things I put into my body are a few Vodka Tonics a couple nights a week, and some Oreos/random chocolate.
c

Now try leaving the phone out of the bedroom. No devices or media in the bedroom of any kind is a good sleep aid.

Yeah I do know that, baby steps. I fall asleep reading on my laptop and know that’s terrible. But it knocks me out.

Thanks for all that @Nipsey! I’m not a coffee drinker at all…just one can of the no sugar white Monster energy every morning. But someone said above they saw online that equates to 1.5 cups of coffee
not only do they have caffeine. those things are straight poison. i used to drink red bulls. a myriad of health issues went away when i stopped drinking them. how do you justify that crap with that intense anti aging routine you have? :lmao:

Morning 1 of the no Monster revolution! I'm having a Grape Gatorade Zero right now instead. Still has that "sweet tarts" taste so similar taste experience.
I will trying your melatonin things tonight.
The cherry packets? Get em cold and just shoot it down straight about 30 mins before you want to fall asleep.
Yep. Already in the fridge.

No 4am post saying this stuff sucked! Decent sign.

Damn, @DA RAIDERS you still asleep?!?! It's 2pm!

How does alcohol influence sleep apnea?

Google says…

Alcohol use exacerbates sleep apnea risk because it inhibits your body's ability to breathe while sleeping. Alcohol not only relaxes you after a long week at the office, but it also relaxes the muscles in your throat making it more likely for the upper airway to collapse, causing snoring or obstructive sleep apnea.

Thanks for all that @Nipsey! I’m not a coffee drinker at all…just one can of the no sugar white Monster energy every morning. But someone said above they saw online that equates to 1.5 cups of coffee
not only do they have caffeine. those things are straight poison. i used to drink red bulls. a myriad of health issues went away when i stopped drinking them. how do you justify that crap with that intense anti aging routine you have? :lmao:

I will trying your melatonin things tonight.
The cherry packets? Get em cold and just shoot it down straight about 30 mins before you want to fall asleep.
Yep. Already in the fridge.

No 4am post saying this stuff sucked! Decent sign.
not so fast. i actually did wake up around 4. struggled mightily to get back to sleep. for now, it's a one off. :lmao: we'll see. but i may have discovered your problem.

So today was day 3 of no Monsters/no caffeine. The first 2.5 days I was all good. This afternoon and night I started feeling sluggish with a nasty headache right now. Does that make sense to have caffeine withdrawal 2.5 days after stopping?

So today was day 3 of no Monsters/no caffeine. The first 2.5 days I was all good. This afternoon and night I started feeling sluggish with a nasty headache right now. Does that make sense to have caffeine withdrawal 2.5 days after stopping?
For me, withdrawals really started at about the 4-5 day mark and it took about 2 months before I felt ok again, 3 months until I felt great. Unless you're one of the lucky ones it's likely going to get worse before it gets better. I can tell you it will be worth it if you stick with it but know that could be a tough road ahead. As I wrote in my initial post you'll be sleeping the best you have in years by about Thanksgiving but over the next month the insomnia is probably going to get worse. Good luck! You can do it. Hopefully it won't be too bad for you. The ability to sleep soundly through the night far outweighs the short-term discomfort you're about to go through.

For me, withdrawals really started at about the 4-5 day mark and it took about 2 months before I felt ok again, 3 months until I felt great. Unless you're one of the lucky ones it's likely going to get worse before it gets better. I can tell you it will be worth it if you stick with it but know that could be a tough road ahead. As I wrote in my initial post you'll be sleeping the best you have in years by about Thanksgiving but over the next month the insomnia is probably going to get worse. Good luck! You can do it. Hopefully it won't be too bad for you. The ability to sleep soundly through the night far outweighs the short-term discomfort you're about to go through.

Ah damn man! I’m going on my two trips to figure out where I’m moving to over the next 3 weeks. Might have to go back on the wagon to enjoy the travel and detox after. Or maybe just slowly taper down or something. Will see how tomorrow feels.

Ah damn man! I’m going on my two trips to figure out where I’m moving to over the next 3 weeks. Might have to go back on the wagon to enjoy the travel and detox after. Or maybe just slowly taper down or something. Will see how tomorrow feels.
Tomorrow is going to be worse, trust me. Yeah, if you have a bunch of big things coming up you probably want to put it off until afterwards. Quitting this stuff can be an absolute *****.

I can fall asleep easily....but like clockwork, after about 4 hours I wake up and have trouble falling back asleep.

I've tried melatonin, sleep gummies and presently shoot these packets right before bed called Healthycell REM Sleep which seem to work the best for me (Amazon link below, if curious). Any tips, tricks, things to look into?

Again....I sleep fine, but only for 4 hrs. How can I tack on those extra 3-4 hrs each night?

I'm very healthy, workout daily, don't drink alcohol nightly (except a night or two on weekends), not taking in caffeine late (just water or milk).

Sleep apnea

Tomorrow is going to be worse, trust me. Yeah, if you have a bunch of big things coming up you probably want to put it off until afterwards. Quitting this stuff can be an absolute *****.
Suprisingly I'm pretty good today. Feeling fine. Haven't given in yet!

Now try leaving the phone out of the bedroom. No devices or media in the bedroom of any kind is a good sleep aid.
No doubt this is true, but the random podcast or audio documentary has become my sleep time listening.

This has been my mode of falling asleep for a while now. Podcasts are like Ambien for me.
I turn my spotify playlist on and set the timer for it to go off in 40 minutes. I'm usually out in 10 minutes. Stops the brain from thinking lol.

not so fast. i actually did wake up around 4. struggled mightily to get back to sleep. for now, it's a one off. :lmao: we'll see. but i may have discovered your problem.

Ah damn. :kicksrock:
gave it a whirl again last night. going to sleep is pretty awesome(my main issue). i did wake up around 4:30-5. it may or may not be related. but i went back to sleep pretty quickly.

Good to hear! Was hoping it wouldn’t be a waste of $45.

Ah damn. :kicksrock:
gave it a whirl again last night. going to sleep is pretty awesome(my main issue). i did wake up around 4:30-5. it may or may not be related. but i went back to sleep pretty quickly.

Good to hear! Was hoping it wouldn’t be a waste of $45.
don't worry. the wife already said she'd return that **** to amazon if it doesn't work.

This does wonders for me. My friend owns the company and she is making some nice, small batch CBD oils and this one is especially great for sleeping.

What do you do with this...ingest it?
Yes. It's a tincture. One full eye dropper on nights when I need a great sleep.

I received this today along with a tiny sample of "Sunrise" which I assume is to wake you up in the morning. I've got an early flight tomorrow morning so gonna wait to try this until the weekend when I'm back home from my trip. Don't want to take the chance of it making me all drowsy the day after.

I started wearing foam earplugs a few nights ago. Yes, I'm sleeping through the night but they are not comfortable and I swear I'm going to get an ear infection from them.

This does wonders for me. My friend owns the company and she is making some nice, small batch CBD oils and this one is especially great for sleeping.

I received this today along with a tiny sample of "Sunrise" which I assume is to wake you up in the morning. I've got an early flight tomorrow morning so gonna wait to try this until the weekend when I'm back home from my trip. Don't want to take the chance of it making me all drowsy the day after.
I don't think it's really to wake you up in the morning...it's just the regular formula that doesn't contain the extra oils, etc. that is in the nighttime formula. Curious to hear your results. I don't think you are going to be that groggy or foggy when you take the nighttime.

I don't think it's really to wake you up in the morning...it's just the regular formula that doesn't contain the extra oils, etc. that is in the nighttime formula. Curious to hear your results. I don't think you are going to be that groggy or foggy when you take the nighttime.

The description of the morning one on the site…

Sunrise - The start of your morning routine. Rise and Shine! Use it daily to support reduced stress and anxiety, pain relief, and overall well being for body and mind. Our Full spectrum hemp oil is smooth, clean, packed with phytocannabinoids. Made from organically grown whole hemp plants on a small regenerative farm in Central Oregon. 750mg of cannabinoids.

Update: still no Monsters or caffeine in me! Day 5 and no major issues. I’m flying and in multiple airports and I really want one just out of boredom right now though.

Update: still no Monsters or caffeine in me! Day 5 and no major issues. I’m flying and in multiple airports and I really want one just out of boredom right now though.
Grab a Kombucha

Good call. That stuff got me off soda and great for gut health. Big fan of the Gingerade variety: https://gtslivingfoods.com/collections/synergy-raw-kombucha
I've started to crack one of these instead of my "last beer" when drinking. Perfectly happy hitting the pen or bowl or joint and then drinking kombucha to wind down my nights.

I'm still on the No Monsters/No caffeine train. Today is Day 8 and I'm actually all good. Other than that day 3 headache I've been fine since and don't even crave it. So it was an easy stop for me ultimately, so a lucky one I guess.

Giving this stuff a try for the first time tonight. Will let you know in the morning.

Question. The dropper is labeled about 3/4 of the way up with "1 ml". Do you just take up to that 1Ml line or fully fill the dropper?

Giving this stuff a try for the first time tonight. Will let you know in the morning.

Question. The dropper is labeled about 3/4 of the way up with "1 ml". Do you just take up to that 1Ml line or fully fill the dropper?

Tried that hemp oil for the first time last night and....it worked great! Got a really good night sleep. Woke up slightly groggy but after about 30-45 mins of starting your day I got clearer and clearer. I'm a fan so far. Will see how the full week plays out.

Tried that hemp oil for the first time last night and....it worked great! Got a really good night sleep. Woke up slightly groggy but after about 30-45 mins of starting your day I got clearer and clearer. I'm a fan so far. Will see how the full week plays out.
:thumbup:

Great to hear. I love this stuff when I really need it.

I'm still caffeine free and not craving it at all. Was easy peasy for me and will continue it.

I haven't noticed too much change, but one thing that seems weird timing is I have light eyes (blue/green) and since stopping caffeine the whites of my eyes seem much clearer (less red lines) and the color of my blue/green seems brighter. Is this from stopping caffeine you think?

Also I've taken those Hemp Oils that @urbanhack recommended and they are working well! Last night fell asleep around 11pm and didn't get out of bed til 9am and didn't get up at all to pee. Most surprisingly the morning blend seems to work really well to help wake up without the caffeine. Will be continuing those.

That Hemp Oil that @urbanhack recommended was the fix for me. Been using it nightly for about a week now and it's been great. Fall asleep easily about 30 mins after taking it and get a solid 7-8 hrs of sleep. If I do wake up in the middle of the night it's a groggy wake and able to fall back asleep right away. Also I haven't had to get up to pee in the middle of the night at all (before it was like 2-3 times per night).

I also take the Sunrise morning oil as well to wake up a bit since I'm off the caffeine train.

So, for anybody with similar issues of unable to get prolonged sleep, give this a try. You can get it for $50 a battle. The woman selling it is great to work with and always supplies little samples and easy to communicate with.

Night

Morning

That Hemp Oil that @urbanhack recommended was the fix for me. Been using it nightly for about a week now and it's been great. Fall asleep easily about 30 mins after taking it and get a solid 7-8 hrs of sleep. If I do wake up in the middle of the night it's a groggy wake and able to fall back asleep right away. Also I haven't had to get up to pee in the middle of the night at all (before it was like 2-3 times per night).

I also take the Sunrise morning oil as well to wake up a bit since I'm off the caffeine train.

So, for anybody with similar issues of unable to get prolonged sleep, give this a try. You can get it for $50 a battle. The woman selling it is great to work with and always supplies little samples and easy to communicate with.

Night

Morning
That's great to hear!

Let me see if I can get a promo code to save you all some $$$$$$$.

Still on the no caffeine train, but feel like I'm having troubles fully waking up and being clear in the morning. Part of me wants to have a Monster just to see what difference I feel, especially knowing quitting was no big deal for me.

Before I do that though, anybody have any other suggestions or recommendations to give me that morning boost without caffeine (or putting anything worse than caffeine in my body) ?

I've taken NyQuil every night since about 2003-2004. The grogginess goes away eventually. Just be sure to take it early enough in the evening.

man, when i quit drinking soda the caffeine withdrawals/headaches/malaise were horrible. worst i've ever felt for at least 2 months. then it was just.. gone and everything felt bright and fresh. sleep quality improved dramatically. energy levels went way up. no more mid-day energy dip and i wasn't cranky.

caffeine & sugar are wild

I use Tylenol PM. Helps with my neck pain and I'm out like a baby.
Groggy next day at all?
Not at all. I haven’t slept this good in years
Every night?
Just about. I checked with my doctor to make sure. I have regular blood work done to make sure my liver is ok due to having ulcerative colitis.

I will also add I changed pillows right about the same time to:

These on a recommendation from my boss.

Total game changer.

Users who are viewing this thread