What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

OAK SS? (1 Viewer)

abe froman

Footballguy
Depth Charts show Schweigs at FS and Hill at SS..yet Cooper had the tackles last week to prove he was in the most?? Anyone know the deal??

Depth Charts show Schweigs at FS and Hill at SS..yet Cooper had the tackles last week to prove he was in the most?? Anyone know the deal??
I think Schweig is in all the time at FS. Hill is in a lot but moves around between safety and CB ... and Coop plays some SS and special teams ... I am pretty sure that Coop did not start last week ...

Hill had 6 tackles+ 2 assists. I read a couple places(google, USA today) that Hill would start last week and Cooper would play safety on 3rd downs and Hill would be nickel back.

I read this in an article last week

The pair(Hill and Fabian Washington) joins right cornerback Nnamdi Asomugha and free safety Stuart Schweigert in the Raiders base defense, but the roles change and get more complicated when they add more defensive backs to the mix depending on down and distance.Hill, who went to Michigan State, will move into the "Wolverine" safety position which was manned by Woodson in one alignment featuring five defensive backs, with Stanford Routt coming as another corner.In the "big nickel" defense, also with five defensive backs, Jarrod Cooper will play the linebacker/safety position which was belonged to Gibson.
LINKEarly In the Season Schweigert did not play every down. He was replaced by Hill at FS when Oak used the Big Nickel so i dropped him. Don't know if they still do that.

The pair(Hill and Fabian Washington) joins right cornerback Nnamdi Asomugha and free safety Stuart Schweigert in the Raiders base defense, but the roles change and get more complicated when they add more defensive backs to the mix depending on down and distance.

Hill, who went to Michigan State, will move into the "Wolverine" safety position which was manned by Woodson in one alignment featuring five defensive backs, with Stanford Routt coming as another corner.

In the "big nickel" defense, also with five defensive backs, Jarrod Cooper will play the linebacker/safety position which was belonged to Gibson.
LINKEarly In the Season Schweigert did not play every down. He was replaced by Hill at FS when Oak used the Big Nickel so i dropped him. Don't know if they still do that.
So Cooper is they best guy that may put up Gibson-like numbers?

The pair(Hill and Fabian Washington) joins right cornerback Nnamdi Asomugha and free safety Stuart Schweigert in the Raiders base defense, but the roles change and get more complicated when they add more defensive backs to the mix depending on down and distance.

Hill, who went to Michigan State, will move into the "Wolverine" safety position which was manned by Woodson in one alignment featuring five defensive backs, with Stanford Routt coming as another corner.

In the "big nickel" defense, also with five defensive backs, Jarrod Cooper will play the linebacker/safety position which was belonged to Gibson.
Schweig plays all the time now since they cant spare Hll to sub in for him (Hill going to Woodson's position) in the nickel ..

Schweig plays all the time now since they cant spare Hll to sub in for him (Hill going to Woodson's position) in the nickel ..
I ended up picking them both up: Schweigs & Coop

Users who are viewing this thread