What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Obama renames Mt. McKinley (1 Viewer)

No John, I grew up in a fantastic environment, especially the schools I attended. Talented, uplifting teachers were the norm. Tanner would of never got a job in the school district I grew up in. Bless those teachers. I'm a confident well rounded person. Shame on you Rudi Stein, shame on you...!!!
Show us on the doll where he touched you.

No John, I grew up in a fantastic environment, especially the schools I attended. Talented, uplifting teachers were the norm. Tanner would of never got a job in the school district I grew up in. Bless those teachers. I'm a confident well rounded person. Shame on you Rudi Stein, shame on you...!!!
Show us on the doll where he touched you.
:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :eek:
He PMed me with a proposition, but I declined. Just stay away from the children Tanner. Don't be Jared from Subway.

I feel like the errors are on purpose as part of shtick about good schools.

Ok, we will call the mountain Denali.. Way to tackle the big issues Obama. Don't get hurt in Kotzebue Obama..
Nice use of relative privation, guy.
Do your students just end up in the fetal position when you are done with them? Serious question. Good lord, you are just awful on every level.
WTF are you talking about? You throw down a logical fallacy in an attempt to make some goofball political statement and now you're butthurt about getting called out?

What does this have to do with my students?
Butthurt? Like your students? After you have peppered them with your cerebral superiority and sarcasm all year..?
Ahhh yes. I interact with my students the exact same way I post here.
I cant imagine you don't. I can just see a poor kid in your class exercising his own will with an opinion different than yours... Poor kid. :(
Let me see if I can help you. Tomorrow in my class:

Kid: did you see that Obama changed the name of that mountain? Why doesn't he take care of some real problems!? Dumb!

Me: That's a good question, Jaedon. And it's great that you're paying attention to current events . Now it seems like the President should be working on other things like the economy or unemployment instead of worrying about the name of some mountain, right? But you know what? He can actually do both. That's part of being a leader. Doesn't matter if you're the President or a governor or the mayor of a city.

We can even use our principal as an example. If Mr. Woodman is outside making sure kids aren't running in the halls or if he's congratulating the marching band for their great performance last week that doesn't mean he's not working on improving test scores or trying to keep the busses on time.

I mean it is OK to criticize the president if you really don't think he's doing his job but just keep in mind that just because he's doing one thing doesn't mean that's all he's doing. See what I'm saying?

Kid: Yeah. I guess maybe I was wrong.

Me: Don't feel bad about it. It's a pretty common thing to do. And you're only 13. There are grown men on the Internet that don't get it.
Holy crap!!! You are a propaganda monster! If my kid was in your classroom, we would have words. And I would win.
I guarantee you that is NOT how it will go down in his classroom.

I feel like the errors are on purpose as part of shtick about good schools.
Your probably right.

And Alaskan state politicians are all outraged by Obama's decision:

http://www.ktuu.com/news/news/mt-mckinley-officially-renamed-denali-before-presidential-visit/35005602

Soon after the order was announced, reactions from state leaders began pouring in.

U.S. Senator Lisa Murkowski welcomed the change of name in a press release soon after the order was issued.

"Today we are honored to be able to officially recognize the mountain as Denali. Id like to thank the President for working with us to achieve this significant change to show honor, respect, and gratitude to the Athabascan people of Alaska," Murkowski said.

Senator Dan Sullivan also issued a statement in support of the change of name.

"Denali belongs to Alaska and its citizens. The naming rights already went to ancestors of the Alaska Native people, like those of my wifes family. For decades, Alaskans and members of our congressional delegation have been fighting for Denali to be recognized by the federal government by its true name. Im gratified that the president respected this," Sullivan said.

In a press release, Gov. Walker and Lt. Gov. Mallott issued a joint statement 'applauding' the decision.

"Alaskas place names should reflect and respect the rich cultural history of our state, and officially recognizing the name Denali does just that," Gov. Walker said.

Ok, we will call the mountain Denali.. Way to tackle the big issues Obama. Don't get hurt in Kotzebue Obama..
Nice use of relative privation, guy.
Do your students just end up in the fetal position when you are done with them? Serious question. Good lord, you are just awful on every level.
WTF are you talking about? You throw down a logical fallacy in an attempt to make some goofball political statement and now you're butthurt about getting called out?

What does this have to do with my students?
Butthurt? Like your students? After you have peppered them with your cerebral superiority and sarcasm all year..?
Ahhh yes. I interact with my students the exact same way I post here.
I cant imagine you don't. I can just see a poor kid in your class exercising his own will with an opinion different than yours... Poor kid. :(
Let me see if I can help you. Tomorrow in my class:

Kid: did you see that Obama changed the name of that mountain? Why doesn't he take care of some real problems!? Dumb!

Me: That's a good question, Jaedon. And it's great that you're paying attention to current events . Now it seems like the President should be working on other things like the economy or unemployment instead of worrying about the name of some mountain, right? But you know what? He can actually do both. That's part of being a leader. Doesn't matter if you're the President or a governor or the mayor of a city.

We can even use our principal as an example. If Mr. Woodman is outside making sure kids aren't running in the halls or if he's congratulating the marching band for their great performance last week that doesn't mean he's not working on improving test scores or trying to keep the busses on time.

I mean it is OK to criticize the president if you really don't think he's doing his job but just keep in mind that just because he's doing one thing doesn't mean that's all he's doing. See what I'm saying?

Kid: Yeah. I guess maybe I was wrong.

Me: Don't feel bad about it. It's a pretty common thing to do. And you're only 13. There are grown men on the Internet that don't get it.
Holy crap!!! You are a propaganda monster! If my kid was in your classroom, we would have words. And I would win.
I guarantee you that is NOT how it will go down in his classroom.
I wouldn't win? No, I guarantee I would. Old man Jeopardy champ would be done. Done son, done.

And Alaskan state politicians are all outraged by Obama's decision:

http://www.ktuu.com/news/news/mt-mckinley-officially-renamed-denali-before-presidential-visit/35005602

Soon after the order was announced, reactions from state leaders began pouring in.

U.S. Senator Lisa Murkowski welcomed the change of name in a press release soon after the order was issued.

"Today we are honored to be able to officially recognize the mountain as Denali. Id like to thank the President for working with us to achieve this significant change to show honor, respect, and gratitude to the Athabascan people of Alaska," Murkowski said.

Senator Dan Sullivan also issued a statement in support of the change of name.

"Denali belongs to Alaska and its citizens. The naming rights already went to ancestors of the Alaska Native people, like those of my wifes family. For decades, Alaskans and members of our congressional delegation have been fighting for Denali to be recognized by the federal government by its true name. Im gratified that the president respected this," Sullivan said.

In a press release, Gov. Walker and Lt. Gov. Mallott issued a joint statement 'applauding' the decision.

"Alaskas place names should reflect and respect the rich cultural history of our state, and officially recognizing the name Denali does just that," Gov. Walker said.
Who's arguing this??? Been this way for 40 years. The real issue is Tanner being a bad teacher. Washington must have low standards..

If anyone can tell me anything meaningful that McKinley did I will share their outrage at this renaming.
Who's outrage exactly? No one cares, especially Alaskans. Here In Fairbanks, way more outrage for officials changing the name of Alaska Land to Pioneer Park. (a historical park featuring stern wheeler, log cabin, interior living, history etc..)

Last edited by a moderator:
If anyone can tell me anything meaningful that McKinley did I will share their outrage at this renaming.
Who's outrage exactly? No one cares, especially Alaskans. Here In Fairbanks, way more outrage for officials changing the name of Alaska Land to Pioneer Park. (a historical park featuring stern wheeler, log cabin, interior living, history etc..)
ArcticEdge, is that you?

ArcticEdge

Posted 17 December 2007 - 06:16 AM

In Alaska, does "yuppie punk" = "the kid wears furs that his family didn't kill"??

Yep, and their parents have a house on Harding Lake, and they look down on you if your not 3rd generation Fairbanks.

ArcticEdge, is that you?

ArcticEdge

In Alaska, does "yuppie punk" = "the kid wears furs that his family didn't kill"??

Yep, and their parents have a house on Harding Lake, and they look down on you if your not 3rd generation Fairbanks.
That's my guess. I'm pretty sure it is.

ArcticEdge, is that you?

ArcticEdge

No, my name is Xavier L. Steele. The "L" stands for Lone Wolf, my Alaskan name. Have I met ArcticEdge..? Yes, I have, he is as wise as he is handsome, and I respect his opinion. I aspire to be him, but I am not him.

Talented?
Of course they were talented. How else would he learn about "appealing Obamacare"?

No one here watches John Oliver?

He did a piece on this a few weeks back.

Dudes got some pull I guess.

ArcticEdge, is that you?

ArcticEdge

No, my name is Xavier L. Steele. The "L" stands for Lone Wolf, my Alaskan name. Have I met ArcticEdge..? Yes, I have, he is as wise as he is handsome, and I respect his opinion. I aspire to be him, but I am not him.
McQuade?

No one here watches John Oliver?

He did a piece on this a few weeks back.

Dudes got some pull I guess.
Be careful what you say about John Oliver. Not only does he have lots of eyes and ears, he is the guy who secretly runs the CIA.

I think he should have renamed it Mt. Dolezal. That way it could please all the masses. White on the outside, but black on the inside.

I'm surprised he didn't rename it 'Mt. Obama".
Saving that one for Mt. Rushmore.
It's sad to say but I would not be shocked. As quoted from another forum:

We already have the Denali National Forest, which is about as large in area as most states. But we have to slap the memory of President McKinley in the face.

White, Republican, pro business, ANTI-LYNCHING and hired numerous blacks for high level civil service.

But, racism.
It's ultimately just more meaningless symbolism by the Great Divider. Any semblance of traditional American culture, iconography, and nomenclature must be opposed and/or removed. If you understand that then you understand pretty much everything he's done since assuming office.

People are running with this as some kind of "bad thing" worth their time to complain about. Let alone much of a "thing" at all.

You guys are some DERPY sonofagunz.

We already have the Denali National Forest, which is about as large in area as most states. But we have to slap the memory of President McKinley in the face.

White, Republican, pro business, ANTI-LYNCHING and hired numerous blacks for high level civil service.

But, racism.
It's ultimately just more meaningless symbolism by the Great Divider. Any semblance of traditional American culture, iconography, and nomenclature must be opposed and/or removed. If you understand that then you understand pretty much everything he's done since assuming office.
You do understand that Denali is the NATIVE name for the mountain, and what they TRADITIONALLY call it in Alaska, you know, where the mountain spends most of its time?

Wait, what am I talking about. Of course you don't. You must be so tuckered out just from posting all those big words, like "Numerous" and "Memory".

People have been renaming places for as long as land grabs have been happening.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dsRuurcTTSk

Since we bought Alaska ( in what came to be known as "Seward's Folly"), I guess the Alaskan natives were considered part of the deal... seems only decent to let them change the names of places back to what they were once called.

But, racism.
Plus he wasn't even born here.

Throwing a bone to GM after bailing them out. National Park naming rights ain't cheap. The new Yukon Denali is beautiful though.

But, racism.
What a steaming pile of crap this post is.

Headline: Obama cures cancer

TPW: Obama insults America's pastime by not curing Lou Gehrig's disease.

Users who are viewing this thread