What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

OBJ Dynasty... (1 Viewer)

snoochieboochies

Footballguy
Contract dynasty, 0.25ppr, 28 active, 10 taxi 

I have Chubb, Hunt, and wound up with OBJ this off-season. I am curious where everyone sees OBJ in dynasty... HC is run and TE friendly, doesn't bode well for OBJ and Landry. Or is OBJ such a talent I hold him until he leaves the browns? I personally don't like starting rbs and wrs from the same team, would like feedback on this as well. 

CMC, Chubb, hunt, Ingram, Montgomery, penny, Edwards, Thompson 

OBJ, Cooper, juju, Ridley, aj brown, Ross, butler, boykin, Pringle 

I have the 1.01 and 1.02, and very likely the 1.01 or 1.02 in 2021. This year I will likely take CEH and Dobbins. Unless I can land Lamb in a trade I'll go wr in 2021. 

Contract dynasty, 0.25ppr, 28 active, 10 taxi 

I have Chubb, Hunt, and wound up with OBJ this off-season. I am curious where everyone sees OBJ in dynasty... HC is run and TE friendly, doesn't bode well for OBJ and Landry. Or is OBJ such a talent I hold him until he leaves the browns? I personally don't like starting rbs and wrs from the same team, would like feedback on this as well. 

CMC, Chubb, hunt, Ingram, Montgomery, penny, Edwards, Thompson 

OBJ, Cooper, juju, Ridley, aj brown, Ross, butler, boykin, Pringle 

I have the 1.01 and 1.02, and very likely the 1.01 or 1.02 in 2021. This year I will likely take CEH and Dobbins. Unless I can land Lamb in a trade I'll go wr in 2021. 
Given your team, you're trying to win now, assuming that you have a decent QB.  So OBJ is probably worth a lot to you right now.  So my question to you is....why do you want to deal him?

OBJ is only 27, so he has 2-3 years of good production.  But he has been injury prone and CLE doesn't look like a great fit for his talents.  CLE is more a run-first team and Mayfield isn't that good of a QB.  CLE does have an out after 2020, so OBJ could be on a different team in 2021.

Given your team, I would deal him if I received a really good offer for him, but my guess is the market isn't going to pay a premium for OBJ given the CLE fiasco so far.  So I would expect to keep him and continue to be an integral part of your contending team, and maybe he changes to a better situation in 2021, then maybe you can deal him for more.

Given your team, you're trying to win now, assuming that you have a decent QB.  So OBJ is probably worth a lot to you right now.  So my question to you is....why do you want to deal him?

OBJ is only 27, so he has 2-3 years of good production.  But he has been injury prone and CLE doesn't look like a great fit for his talents.  CLE is more a run-first team and Mayfield isn't that good of a QB.  CLE does have an out after 2020, so OBJ could be on a different team in 2021.

Given your team, I would deal him if I received a really good offer for him, but my guess is the market isn't going to pay a premium for OBJ given the CLE fiasco so far.  So I would expect to keep him and continue to be an integral part of your contending team, and maybe he changes to a better situation in 2021, then maybe you can deal him for more.
Win now. 100% 

Qbs - Wilson, Big Ben, Rivers

Te - Kittle, Hock, knox, Herndon

I completely agree with your assessment, and its in line with my own thinking. on the other hand, the majority of the articles I have seen this off-season paint OBJ as going to have a similar or even worse upcoming season. He is prime age now, but if he doesn't hit this coming year and gets traded in one or two years from now, will his dynasty value be past the 'sell high' moment? In an ideal world, OBJ is healthy and Baker has time to throw him dimes. Chubb and OBJ start for me weekly and its fire and brimstone on the league. But given OBJs injury history, the Browns desire to run run run, etc. do you see his dynasty value higher now, or in a year when he might be traded? 

snoochieboochies said:
Win now. 100% 

I completely agree with your assessment, and its in line with my own thinking. on the other hand, the majority of the articles I have seen this off-season paint OBJ as going to have a similar or even worse upcoming season. He is prime age now, but if he doesn't hit this coming year and gets traded in one or two years from now, will his dynasty value be past the 'sell high' moment? In an ideal world, OBJ is healthy and Baker has time to throw him dimes. Chubb and OBJ start for me weekly and its fire and brimstone on the league. But given OBJs injury history, the Browns desire to run run run, etc. do you see his dynasty value higher now, or in a year when he might be traded? 
The problem is everyone is reading those same articles.  His value is really depressed right now.  He is worth more to you on his upside than you can get in a return.  Because of that you are almost stuck with him because his upside is too high. 

It looks like he is set up for a down year but I wouldn't be surprised if he turns it around (as does the Cleveland offense).  They should (yes we all that last year too) be primed for a solid offensive season.

snoochieboochies said:
Win now. 100% 

As Gally said, his perceived value is low.  Whether his value goes up is a mystery.....depends on OBJ's performance this year, what team he goes to if he does, and if he can stay healthy.  You might be able to deal him for more if his situation favorably changes in 2021, but he will be 1 more year older and would probably will have 1 less year of solid production. 

So I feel that you won't be able to get top dollar for him ever.  It's probably the best to just keep him and ride him during your contending years.

I'd still shop him in your league to see what your other owners think.  I've never really been a fan of OBJ.  If I saw a deal that was halfway decent I'd probably take it just to be rid of the headache.  He seems like a ticking time bomb.

Users who are viewing this thread