What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Octavio Dotel hurt, David Riske likely the new KC closer (1 Viewer)

Capella

Footballguy
fyi

Octavio Dotel will not be available on Opening Day because of his strained left oblique muscle.The Royals will decide Wednesday whether to place him on the DL. "There is a chance that he could be put on the disabled list," manager Buddy Bell said. "We don't think it is a long-term situation." Bell didn't say who would close while Dotel is out, but David Riske looks like the top option.

Knew there was trouble ahead when I watched Buddy Bell pitch him two innings during a spring game. The guy wasn't an iron man to begin with, and he's tossing him for two?

Octavio Dotel (oblique) threw Sunday and said he expects to avoid the disabled list.

"It feels really, really good," he said. "I didn’t go 100 percent (Sunday), but everything I did felt good." Dotel will be unavailable on Monday, but he might be ready to go Wednesday. Royals manager Buddy Bell confirmed that David Riske would get the nod if a closer was needed today.

Users who are viewing this thread