What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Oculus Quest / VR et al (1 Viewer)

Came into a little bit of extra money. Daughter wants one of these, these still worth it?

Its amazing technology and worth the trip if you view this as a luxury. It is not ready to replace a console. There is so much potential but there isn't tons and tons of content. There is a lot, but you will likely be wishing for more. 

Its a bit like a high powered Nintendo Wii only because the technology is in its toddler stage and hasn't gone fully mainstream (yet). 

It is something that you really should experience and once you do - you see the future of gaming - youre just early to the game. 

ETA - Note: If you have a high end gaming PC you can access A LOT more content that I have not experienced. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Played the 2D football game recently. Actually pretty fun. 

Return policy is great as stated earlier. Bought The Walking Dead game and got motion sick in about 10.3 seconds. They immediately refunded my money.

Quest 2 can also cast to Chromecast. My kid did this recently to show little sis how a game works. Pretty nice.

just fired it up - a little dizzy lol

messed around with a couple things....

i can't figure out how to "recenter"  and get rid of the play grid  does that mean im just too close?

just fired it up - a little dizzy lol

messed around with a couple things....

i can't figure out how to "recenter"  and get rid of the play grid  does that mean im just too close?

Yea, that's a warning that you're close to your boundary.  

how do i recenter the view - it feels "crooked"

Hmmm.  Try the indented/concave buttons first.   Sounds like you need to adjust the unit on your head though.  

ETA:. Apparently it's under "WiFi settings" 

Btw my fat ### just did 2 fights and am exhausted : 🤣

Need to figure out how to not to get the foam sweaty but I can see this as a decent excercise option to start until I get in better shape

Btw my fat ### just did 2 fights and am exhausted : 🤣

Need to figure out how to not to get the foam sweaty but I can see this as a decent excercise option to start until I get in better shape
Didn’t yours come with the silicon band to cover the foam?

There is a foam insert and a plastic insert for the glasses.
There is a piece of silicone also but I thought that was only when using the glasses insert. I saw you can use the silicone over the foam no matter what

Finally got around to playing "I expect you to Die".   Super fun.  It's like an escape room where you gotta figure out clues and run through steps to get out of a scenario.   The submarine/lvl 3 one was particularly good and immersive.  Gonna get the sequel for sure. 

Finally got around to playing "I expect you to Die".   Super fun.  It's like an escape room where you gotta figure out clues and run through steps to get out of a scenario.   The submarine/lvl 3 one was particularly good and immersive.  Gonna get the sequel for sure. 
There is a second one if you were not aware. 

I sold mine a month ago. They’re coming out with a new one soon but 1, I dont want to support Zuckerhead. Two, this platform is not ready as there is not enough (worthy) content to enjoy.

It’s the Wii on crack but with a future.

Is there a decent co-op first person shooter? Zombie killing would be a plus, though the Arizona game was pretty crappy looking.

Is there a decent co-op first person shooter? Zombie killing would be a plus, though the Arizona game was pretty crappy looking.

There are several. None of them have next gen graphics. They’re all about the xbox360 to Xbox one level quality of graphics.

Users who are viewing this thread