What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

oddest playoff in awhile (1 Viewer)

Chase Stuart

Footballguy
Does anyone else feel that if NE and SD and Bal get in, that this will be the most wide open playoffs in awhile? No one wants to face the Pats...or the Colts...or the Chargers. All three can claim that they're the hottest team entering the playoffs. Ten, Pit and Bal can all claim having the best D in the NFL. Honestly I'd rate these teams as even; obviously the 1 and 2 seedS have edges but I think almost every game will be a toss up. Six very good teams and zero great ones. If Miami makes it over NE I wouldn't count them out especially at home or against the Colts or Chargers if they made it to the AFCCG. Parity reigns supreme in the AFC and if you include the Broncos a full half of the AFC can reasonably believe they're Super Bowl bound.

Does anyone else feel that if NE and SD and Bal get in, that this will be the most wide open playoffs in awhile? No one wants to face the Pats...or the Colts...or the Chargers. All three can claim that they're the hottest team entering the playoffs. Ten, Pit and Bal can all claim having the best D in the NFL. Honestly I'd rate these teams as even; obviously the 1 and 2 seedS have edges but I think almost every game will be a toss up. Six very good teams and zero great ones. If Miami makes it over NE I wouldn't count them out especially at home or against the Colts or Chargers if they made it to the AFCCG. Parity reigns supreme in the AFC and if you include the Broncos a full half of the AFC can reasonably believe they're Super Bowl bound.
Same thing in the NFC. I would say a few teams could legitmately win.Arizona+Minn/Chicago are likely not loving the idea of hosting (Atlanta/Dallas Philly) Anyone who thinks they know who is going to win the SuperBowl right is fooling themselves.

Yeah, this is a more wide open season than any I can remember. No team truly looks invincible and so many look different than they did last year, so it's hard to get a grip on who's ready to run the table and who's just pretending.

I would not at all characterize San Diego as hot. They've won three games, two of those against two of the worst teams in the league (and they needed two last-second TDs to beat 2-13 Kansas City). Before that they lost three in a row. What would people be afraid of, their weak defense or their sputtering running game?New England's hotness is also overrated. They have won three in a row, against Seattle, Oakland, and an Arizona team with nothing to play for. Before that they got waxed by the Steelers 33-10. If they get in, and Arizona loses this week, they will have a total of 2 wins over teams with winning records (the Jets and Miami). Miami is an illusion; they'll have a game where they lose the turnover battle, and they're done. Indy's a very good team, but that's not unexpected.

Users who are viewing this thread